How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-01-2011
rising star

Does anyone have any matte powder blushers they would recommend for pale skin please?

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

^Nivea! Their blushes are beautiful and very natural.

(I'm not sure how popular their make-up range is outside Germany, but it's brilliant.)

31-01-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl About Town View Post
Does anyone have any matte powder blushers they would recommend for pale skin please?
Laura Mercier's blush in barely pink
Mac Pinch Me (great sparingly with a light touch) or Desert Rose.
some people really love Bobbi Browns Peony and Pale Pink.
Nars Exhibit A (again with the lightest of touches the prettiest flushed result)

that failing, i think Boots Natural Collection has some pretty pinks, i used to buy when i was at university

hope that helps some , you can't go wrong with a wander around your local larger Boots branch and seeing what they have, Bourjois especially, i hear their powders are made at the same factory as Chanel.

31-01-2011
V.I.P.

^Peaches by MAC is a good one too

01-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire 6 View Post
hope that helps some , you can't go wrong with a wander around your local larger Boots branch and seeing what they have, Bourjois especially, i hear their powders are made at the same factory as Chanel.
^^Bourjois blushes are very shimmery. I'm an NW15 and I personally love MAC's Pinch o peach (for a lovely flushed look) and Tenderling (for a very light peachy brown). Both are matte. I use Tenderling as blush, but it's equally good as a contour.

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 01-02-2011 at 06:37 AM.

01-02-2011
trendsetter

^ are they? I've never had one lol, i just heard they were made in the same factory as Chanel

01-02-2011
front row

Does anyone have any good concealers; I tend to break out harshly around my period

02-02-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

^ Benefit Erase Paste in Fair is my "holy grail" concealer.

02-02-2011
fashion icon

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for eyeshadows or eyeliner (I also have green eyes too)? I use Urban Decay's eyeliner, which I love but would love to try other brands too.

02-02-2011
trendsetter

i've heard erase paste is good but i use laura mercier's secret camouflage in sc1.
Don't know about eyeshadows but i love Nars and Bobbi Brown for eyeshadows, Bobbi for her matte's and NARS for their shimmers, also bobbi for liquid pot eyeliner simply because of the massive choice of colours and the quality of the powders. Everyone loves MAC and yes i have been able to buy things from there, like Naked Lunch which is lovely eyeshadow but their colours tend to be too garish for my tastes, but it is a matter of taste
i swear by MAC's Naked Lunch, Bobbi's Taupe and NARS Kuala Lumpur, All about Eve and Earth Angel duo eyeshadows. just a few recommendations

I only started doing makeup recently and i've been studying hard lol, finding all my favourite products, but everyone is different.

02-02-2011
trendsetter

is the erase paste good for under eyes or face?

oh, and i own NARS all about eve, it's awesome. and i only bought it because of the name =p

Last edited by e-v-elina; 02-02-2011 at 10:58 AM.

02-02-2011
trendsetter

The name is part of the joy lol.
I have dry skin so i'd have to be careful under the eyes with erase paste i use a bobbi brown light reflecting concealer under the eye it's lighter for me some people may use it under the eye it depends how good you are at makeup or like your skin type i think, i don't know i'm just theorising, someone who uses it could tell you better lol.

02-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
Garnier have just brought out a very fair version of their Anti-dark Circles 2-in-1 Tinted Eye Roll-On.

As a under eye concealer its flipping brilliant....maybe the best Ive tried!

Thank you so much for mentioning this, I tried it and bought it right away. I've been wearing it all day since very early in the morning and it's still in place and the coverage is amazing without being cakey or something. It's really, really good.

05-02-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
Thank you so much for mentioning this, I tried it and bought it right away. I've been wearing it all day since very early in the morning and it's still in place and the coverage is amazing without being cakey or something. It's really, really good.
How do you feel about the colour? I saw some people reviewing this product on Youtube and mentioning that the lightest shade is way too dark for their skintone.

05-02-2011
trendsetter

I am going to try the vitalumiere acqua, probably next week, so i'll let you all know shades look promising and promises to be great for this dry skin caused by all this weather, especially if you already have dry skin and the weather/central heating has created a tundra of your skin xxx

also i'll have a go with the garnier thing, seeing as it has seriously piqued my interest.

Last edited by Voltaire 6; 05-02-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin