How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemieLeigh View Post
How do you feel about the colour? I saw some people reviewing this product on Youtube and mentioning that the lightest shade is way too dark for their skintone.
It does look a little dark at first, but it's very easy to blend and just "disappears".

I used to always go with lightest shade of concealer and they go perfectly well with the rest of my face but wouldn't do anything about my eye circles. Then a nice woman at Shiseido advised me to go a little darker around my eyes and it worked so much better. I have this concealer kit by Shiseido, which I always like for my face but it does look rather caky after a while when you apply a bit more (mixing the two shades for under the eyes.).

andrea.irlbrl.com

Last edited by diesanni; 06-02-2011 at 05:35 AM.

06-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire 6 View Post
thanks for that
I've been wearing Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia and it's been working great look like a porcelain doll, wonderful. Just sharing, also Dior Addict High Shine lipstick in Catwalk Mauve i find to be nice on my pale skin tone, it's berry but it's very natural pinky sort of colour, really nice for a polished look i think
Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia doesn't work on me It sits in my pores and looks flaky where I've got dry patches. Wonder if Estee Lauder's Futurist or Double Wear Foundations would look better on my skin.

06-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemieLeigh View Post
How do you feel about the colour? I saw some people reviewing this product on Youtube and mentioning that the lightest shade is way too dark for their skintone.
maybe they are referring to the "fair" shade and not the new "very fair" shade. The very fade shade is really light.

06-02-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunn19 View Post
Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia doesn't work on me It sits in my pores and looks flaky where I've got dry patches. Wonder if Estee Lauder's Futurist or Double Wear Foundations would look better on my skin.
you A. won't get the right colours in those foundations and B. if Sheer Glow looks flaky then Double Wear is going to look awful (don't know about futurist but double wear is not for dry skin), i should know i have that kind of dry skin too. xxxx
Sheer Glow works if i use a hydrating primer and appy with my fingertips, sparingly and then set with powder, but then that is more of a night look for me so i am really looking for a lighter product myself xxxx I'll let you know about it though. We should all share our challenges lol

06-02-2011
backstage pass

^ Clinique's Supermoisture foundation is the only one which doesn't look flaky on my dry skin. It's so annoying I'd rather have oily skin

06-02-2011
front row

^ No way! i hate oily skin break outs are so easy!
Anyway i live by Babylips - cherry flavour

06-02-2011
trendsetter

i have oily/combination and i don't break out at all

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

Still my absolute favorite foundation (well, it's actually a primer but there's no need to wear anything else):

"Paul & Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer" in 01

And to make it last "Paul & Joe Pressed Powder Duo" in 00

asos.com

Paul & Joe is love.

Last edited by diesanni; 06-02-2011 at 05:06 PM.

06-02-2011
trendsetter

^
does that foundation primer have some sort of coverage then? i love their packaging sooo much lol.

06-02-2011
V.I.P.

The coverage is enough for me but my skin is pretty clear. I love it more for the fact that it evens out my skin tone like no other product I ever tried. If you need more coverage they make "real" foundations as well. When it's really cold I sometimes use their "Creamy Matte Foundation" because it's so moisturizing (great coverage, I don't use any concealer when I wear this) but rather heavy and I don't like these kind kind of foundations, not because of what they make my skin look but because my hair gets all oily.

They offer about 5 different foundations, you should have a look at their range.

Last edited by diesanni; 06-02-2011 at 06:04 PM.

07-02-2011
trendsetter

I will, i've always wanted pretty bottles to display lol xxxxxx I have reasonably clear skin so the primer could be worth a try, i'd feel better about buying that than a foundation because colours can go so wrong, and i can't go wrong with the primer because if it's wrong or not right i can just use it as a primer after all lol xxx thanks.

09-02-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
Still my absolute favorite foundation (well, it's actually a primer but there's no need to wear anything else):

"Paul & Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer" in 01

And to make it last "Paul & Joe Pressed Powder Duo" in 00

asos.com

Paul & Joe is love.
Nice idea!! Ill try that next time I go to worship at Sephora!

Last edited by Belowen; 12-02-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines | proper crediting procedures (no clickable links)

05-03-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Model Melissa Tammerijn seriously has the most perfect and porcelain skin I've seen, here are her beauty tips from Vogue.com.

I really want to try Laura Mercier now (I read Kirsten Dunst uses the Blush Ivory shade). Have any of you used the brand?

Quote:

Melissa Tammerijn, the porcelain-complected 21-year-old Dutch mannequin, rushes into Nina Ricci and a swarm of frenzied hair and makeup assistants descend upon her. “I have my own products,” she says calmly, retrieving a Ziploc baggie from her purse containing three well-used items. The fragile, ethereal skin, for which Tammerijn is known, is so sensitive and reactive, her job wouldn’t be possible without these skin-prep essentials. “Foundations and creams really penetrate the outer layer, so it’s the most important step for me,” she explains. “I had to find the right ones.” The winners: Avène Cicalfate Restorative Cream, which she says, “creates a thick barrier;” Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation in Porcelain Ivory, the fairest shade; and YSL Touche Éclat for concealing and highlighting.

Tammerijn reports that most makeup artists know her by now, and are happy to accommodate. Pat McGrath’s team at Ricci was no exception: “As long as it’s good makeup, which hers is, and the end result can be achieved, it’s fine by me,” says one artist, smoothing the model’s Laura Mercier base across her cheekbones.

Following the month of shows, Tammerijn will “sleep for probably 24 hours, drink loads of water, and take an oatmeal bath. I buy 100% pure oatmeal, put it in a sock, and drop it in [the tub]. The water gets creamy. It’s really soothing and moisturizing.” A great winter skin idea—for all of us.

source: vogue.com via emily weiss from intothegloss

06-03-2011
front row

I used to use the tinted moisturizer, but Nude is too pink for me and Ivory is too white for my skin tone right now. It's a good tinted moisturizer but don't buy it without testing the shade first!

06-03-2011
trendsetter

Porcelain Ivory is very yellow imo.

I'm loving Chantecaille's new Future skin shade in Porcelain, and also their foundation compact in Petal, gorgeous, really lovely light non oxidising textures for pale girls.
i think my foundation shopping has halted, because i have founf chantecaille.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin