How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-02-2007
trendsetter

has anyone tried revlon's new complexion bronzer? is it good for us pale people?

22-02-2007
trendsetter

^anyone?

22-02-2007
V.I.P.

Not yet

23-02-2007
trendsetter

^

24-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae
is it possible to be a both yellow & pink toned? i think i can pretty much wear any color or at least i havent tried anything that didnt work. my closet is color coordinated so it looks like a rainbow. i think you can wear any color as long as the shade is right, if its a difficult color for you then try a sheer shirt.

my sister is faired skinned as well but more pink than i am so its harder for her to wear beiges because she either blends in or gets washed out.

i wear mostly abercrombie tops so i guess their color palette works for me whether its light or dark etc im super super fair in the winter, like right now. *blue veins* you guys ahha and i do a lil bit of fake bake in the spring summer.

i was really scared of being fair again because i had maintained a fake tan all summer..but i let myself fade back in october. i think it was mostly makeup that needed to be changed..just say no to bronzer. pink blush looks soft & natural etc

ALSO! i just bought MAC Plushglass in Plus Luxe and its soo gorgeous! super sheer red that ive been lookin for..foreverrrr keep in mind, my natural lip color is pale pink. not sure if its a 'blue red' or not..or maybe its the sheerness but i have MAC Venetian Lustreglass which is too opaque and has subtle orange to it(i wore it for Halloween though cuz you can never be too over the top on Halloween!)
i guess we have the same complexion i have creamy yellow undertone but i have rosy cheek i remember doing those warm tone/cool tone test, that if ur a warm tone u have green vein, while cooltone's skin show blue/purple vein.... well, one of the vein is green.... but the one next to it is blue-pupleish cuz is closer to the surface of the skin

24-02-2007
trendsetter

^I think it is called being neutral toned.

25-02-2007
xx

no wonder those cool/warm skintone tests never worked for me! we should take that as a blessing

i like being fair skinned because i can feel like i can get away with less and less makeup. its been rainy in norcal so i dont really bother to wear makeup anymore because it will all just wash away anyways. as long as i get enough sleep then im good. it kind of sucks because i have a nice but small makeup collection but i dont even touch it unless there is a special occasion.

25-02-2007
scenester

I'm very pale, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes with cool/winter undertone.
foundation: Prescriptives Virtual Matte in "Fresh Camellia" plus I mix it with Shu Uemura "base control" in white (it's a white liquid that mixes with any foundation to make it lighter/whiter, so anyone can blend it with their foundation to make the perfect color). The Shu Uemura "base control" is my favorite new product last year, it's so wonderful to be able to adjust my foundation color.
powder: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
highlighter: Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder (it's good to dust over undereye circles)
blush: Nars "Nico", it's supposed to be a highlighter, but I'm so pale it looks like a nice, understated blush (it's a pale tan color)
eyeshadow: Make Up For Ever "star powder" in the pale colors is great for the upper lid because it's very light and opens up my eyes (Nars "All About Eve" duo is also good, especially the shimmery half of the duo). For the lower lid, I like silvers (Nars "Katmandu"), purples (Lorac "Rhapsody", MAC "Parfait Amour"), midnight blue (Cargo "Babylon").
lipstick/lipgloss: I like pink/fuschia/berry shades, they stand out without being too dark.

25-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae
i like being fair skinned because i can feel like i can get away with less and less makeup.
You get away with it because you have clear skin. Not all of us are blessed.

27-02-2007
trendsetter

^ I am not blessed that way in the slightest

27-02-2007
trendsetter

^ but if u want to wear bronzer, u will make ur skin look worse.....
cuz the power will only accumulate and ur skin cant breathe, which make things worse >.<

27-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelbehavior228
^ I am not blessed that way in the slightest
Maybe you should try those moisturizers that slowly darkens your skin over time (not sure what they are called )

27-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by @~PinkCouture~@
Maybe you should try those moisturizers that slowly darkens your skin over time (not sure what they are called )
Jergens makes some. Not sure who else.

27-02-2007
V.I.P.

My skin is tricky because I am pale & have subtle yellow undertones, but I also have broken capillaries around my nose which creates a pinkish cast.

I think one of the hardest parts about dealing with pale skin is ensuring that foundation/concealer do not look caked on. One has to have a certain balance between too dry and too oily. Its tough.

Anyways, I do highly recommend Essie's "A-List" nail polish. It's the perfect shade of red for pale toes GORGEOUS!

*picture removed - missing credits*

Last edited by Hanne; 04-03-2007 at 03:38 AM.

28-02-2007
trendsetter

umm anyone here have idea of "how to look sexy with pale skin with"???
b/c everytime i think of sexy i think of a bronzed girls but as soon as i try to associate sexy with pale skin all i can think is those girls in AV O_O.....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin