How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-03-2011
V.I.P.

So many beautiful recommendations laisla! I want all the lipsticks, they make me crave for fresh, spring makeup looks!
And I have to give it to L'oreal because they're one of the few high street brands that make really light color foundations. I swear by the True Match in C1..it's even lighter than NC15 in MAC, and provides amazing coverage for my oily skin.

Last edited by melfreya; 16-03-2011 at 09:10 AM.

16-03-2011
Simplethings

^ i used to use L'Oreal True Match in C1 too

16-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Nope. There is one particular sunscreen that lasts for 10 hours straight. You just need to apply it, wait 20 mins, and then do whatever you want. Swim, sweat, whatever. I've used it all my life and I have never ever had a sunburn or a wrinkle.
what is this, I'd love to know! my current system is to just apply my moisturizer spf before I go out and then use my spf 15 (not enough but the best I can do)psysicians formula powder before I go back outside again.

and avoid direct sunlight as much as possible...

16-03-2011
V.I.P.

Piz Buin makes sun screens that are meant to last for 8 hours and longer. I use the brand a lot but I don't trust the promise and keep reapplying anyway so I don't know if it actually works.

17-03-2011
tfs star

Clinique's Even Better foundation in Alabaster. Now I'm evenly pale.

Last edited by glitterpeacock; 17-03-2011 at 06:17 AM.

17-03-2011
rising star

Any recommendations for concealer please? I need something for spots and blemishes, my skin is breaking out all over the place at the moment

17-03-2011
fashion elite

normally I wouldnt recommend MAC for face products because Im not a fan but Select Moisturecover (if your skin is on the dry side) and Select Finish (great for oily skin) are both impressive. Estee Lauder's Double Wear is also pretty good.
If you're on a budget then Collection 2000s Lasting Perfection and Gosh Touch Up Concealer are excellent and even lighter than a lot of high end concealers. Both stay put for a long time too.

17-03-2011
trendsetter

Girl About Town, I use the Estéé Lauder Double wear one for my blemishes, and it works great. But it's not that opaque that it would cover a terrible breakout. To cover that you would need something like the Vichy Dermablend foundation (which is apparently more like a concealer). I've never used that one but Lisa Eldridge raves about it all the time.

17-03-2011
backstage pass

I've found that the new L'oreal Infalliable in Porcelain is actually pale enough and not TOO pink. Hurrah! A lasting foundation that isn't bright pink!

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

Same goes for the L'oreal infallible concealer in Vanilla. Covers my spots all the time!

18-03-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl About Town View Post
Any recommendations for concealer please? I need something for spots and blemishes, my skin is breaking out all over the place at the moment
Bobbi Brown makes concealers so pale that I can't even use them...that is pretty pale IMO

Piz Buin suncscreens smell pretty nice. Or was that their after sun lotion? I kinda wanna try something different, but why fix it if it aint broken? hum hum.

we were in love

18-03-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Bobbi Brown makes concealers so pale that I can't even use them...that is pretty pale IMO

I would recommend the same. I haven't found a concealer I like better than hers.
I suppose, I'm so pale Bobbi Brown is one of the only brands I can use.
LORAC has very fair concealers as well. I just don't care for the texture. Too tacky for me.
I've heard Becca makes great concealers and has some fair shades, but I've never seen them in person. I'm too scared to take the risk of buying online.

18-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:

Piz Buin suncscreens smell pretty nice. Or was that their after sun lotion? I kinda wanna try something different, but why fix it if it aint broken? hum hum.
what's the mystery 8 hour sunscreen you mentioned before, I'm dying to know? I use spf but I can't always reapply every two hours!

18-03-2011
front row

^Riemann P20, she mentioned it in the original post But several brands make "long lasting" sunscreens, although it's debatable how well their claims hold up.

19-03-2011
In Bloom

I'd actually love a clear spray with SPF. Something you can just spray on without it ruining your makeup, and that you wouldn't need to rub in

we were in love

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin