How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-03-2011
rising star

Thanks so much for all the recommendations! I like the idea of Double Wear, the colours look really good, providing I am looking at the right one; the Double Wear Stay in Place. I didn't realise Estee Lauder went so light, I had them down as being all dark and bronzy for some reason!

19-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
^Riemann P20, she mentioned it in the original post But several brands make "long lasting" sunscreens, although it's debatable how well their claims hold up.
yeah I'd need to fin one in the US anyway. thanks though!

19-03-2011
fashion elite

Coppertone and Piz Buin also make them.

26-03-2011
backstage pass

Any opinions on smashbox sheer focus tinted moisturizer?

26-03-2011
rising star

I haven't read through all 61 pages, so if this has already been discussed and answered.

I'm looking for a powder- I usually buy loose, but if pressed works better...- that doesn't kind of darken on your face after awhile. Do you know what I mean?

26-03-2011
fashion elite

have you tried translucent loose powder? although they are white in the jar, they are invisible once applied

I use a mineral mattifying loose powder by lily lolo but other mineral makeup companies are bound to do something similar.

you could also try MAC setting power
or Prep + Prime transparent finishing power

or E.L.F. HD powder

26-03-2011
fashion insider

I second laisla's suggestions. I use MUFE HD powder. It is a lot like the one from MAC she suggested.
An inexpensive powder I also use is Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. It does not change color at all and goes on very fair.

Oh! almost forgot Coty Airspun! I'm not sure where you live or where it is available, but here in the States it can be found at most drugstores.

Last edited by JillianS; 26-03-2011 at 07:36 PM.

27-03-2011
In Bloom

You must be very careful of applying HD powders (ELF, MUFE etc) when you are having your photo taken. I wouldn't recommend them simply because they photograph completely white in flash photography.

I love the Chanel loose powder. It sits very beautiful on the skin, and it doesn't oxidize.

we were in love

27-03-2011
rising star

Thank you so much for the suggestions, laisla and JillianS! I'm off to goggle your suggestions

The_Ida, I've seen photos like that. Very interesting video.

27-03-2011
rising star

So, everyone agrees translucent is the best color choice?

27-03-2011
trendsetter

E.L.F's HD powder makes me break out

27-03-2011
In Bloom

Well, it's chock-full of silicones like all the other HD powders, so some people won't be able to use them. I don't use primers for the same reason.

we were in love

27-03-2011
trendsetter

I'm glad it was only one from E.L.F. because it was after just a couple of days I've never gotten around to using a primer - do you use anything else instead Ida?

27-03-2011
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by limo View Post
I haven't read through all 61 pages, so if this has already been discussed and answered.

I'm looking for a powder- I usually buy loose, but if pressed works better...- that doesn't kind of darken on your face after awhile. Do you know what I mean?

I like MAC Blot Powder Light. I have tried the prep + prime and it makes me look dead.

29-03-2011
fashion elite

just bought the new L'oreal Infallible Brush Foundation in 015 Porcelain*. Its really good

light - medium coverage (but buildable) matte finish. makes my skin look really even and healthy. When I touch my skin it still feels well moisturised and not like its had all the moisture sapped out of it unlike most matte foundations.
However, because of the matte finish its probably not suitable for dry skin. I have slightly dehydrated skin so I will have to see how I get on with it.

supposed to last for up to 24 hours and is melt and transfer resistant so will be good for summer.

in terms of colour, I just tried it next to a bobbi brown foundation in alabaster (the lightest shade) and its pretty much exactly the same. best for those with pink/cool undertones although those with neutral undertones will probably find it suitable as well.

Although Im not keen on the brush application as its not very hygienic (and it will be a pain to clean), its much better than some of the other cosmetic products with inbuilt brushes that Ive tried. The brush is soft and made from decent quality synthetic hair but its quite short.

Everything considered its most definitely the best drug store foundation shade for fair skin that I have tried (and Im sure Ive tried them all!)

will let you guys know how it stands up to its 24 hr claims after I've tested it for a full day....

*dont confuse it with the foundation of the same name without the brush. I dont think that one has this new pale shade. If you live in the UK its currently on offer in Boots and Superdrug

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin