How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-03-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post

in terms of colour, I just tried it next to a bobbi brown foundation in alabaster (the lightest shade) and its pretty much exactly the same. best for those with pink/cool undertones although those with neutral undertones will probably find it suitable as well.
Good to know. That's my shade.
I'll have to give this a try.

Have you ever used Revlon's Colorstay? I wonder if the texture is similar.

29-03-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk-frost View Post
I'm glad it was only one from E.L.F. because it was after just a couple of days I've never gotten around to using a primer - do you use anything else instead Ida?
Nope, just moisturizer

we were in love

29-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
just bought the new L'oreal Infallible Brush Foundation in 015 Porcelain*. Its really good

light - medium coverage (but buildable) matte finish. makes my skin look really even and healthy. When I touch my skin it still feels well moisturised and not like its had all the moisture sapped out of it unlike most matte foundations.
However, because of the matte finish its probably not suitable for dry skin. I have slightly dehydrated skin so I will have to see how I get on with it.

supposed to last for up to 24 hours and is melt and transfer resistant so will be good for summer.

in terms of colour, I just tried it next to a bobbi brown foundation in alabaster (the lightest shade) and its pretty much exactly the same. best for those with pink/cool undertones although those with neutral undertones will probably find it suitable as well.

Although Im not keen on the brush application as its not very hygienic (and it will be a pain to clean), its much better than some of the other cosmetic products with inbuilt brushes that Ive tried. The brush is soft and made from decent quality synthetic hair but its quite short.

Everything considered its most definitely the best drug store foundation shade for fair skin that I have tried (and Im sure Ive tried them all!)

will let you guys know how it stands up to its 24 hr claims after I've tested it for a full day....

*dont confuse it with the foundation of the same name without the brush. I dont think that one has this new pale shade. If you live in the UK its currently on offer in Boots and Superdrug

I mentioned a few posts back that I had bought this and it was great colour wise BUT it looks so raggedy on my skin and it caked around my nose. What has been your experience with it? Do you use primer or not?

29-03-2011
scenester

That infallible l'oreal foundation sounds interesting. Will have to see if we have it here in Australia.
My favourite shades of foundation are the 1W1 in both Double wear and Lucidity from Estee Lauder. I actually have two shades in both so I can mix formulas and colour depending how my skin is feeling and looking.

01-04-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbear View Post
I mentioned a few posts back that I had bought this and it was great colour wise BUT it looks so raggedy on my skin and it caked around my nose. What has been your experience with it? Do you use primer or not?
I wore it alone with just moisturiser underneath. No problem with caking at all, my nose was a little shiny after 5-6 hours but thats the only problem, everything else stayed in place.
I didnt use a massive amount of the foundation, just used it on my t-zone where I have a little redness. maybe you could try using a smaller amount? might help.

01-04-2011
backstage pass

I haven't tried infallible but True Match C1 cool has been really good to me. I use the powder all over and the cream foundation just as a concealer. I think it has spf 17 too!

02-04-2011
rising star

I decided to buy the Double Wear concealer in the lightest shade, and I am pleased with it so far
I am thinking of making a foray into the world of eyeshadow, have any pale ladies used Benefit Bg Beautiful Eyes palette? I realise that the concealer will be too dark.

02-04-2011
V.I.P.

^the eyeshadows in the BBE palette are great for pale skin, but the boing concealer included is in shade no.2 which is kinda dark for pale complexions.

06-04-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Me View Post
Any opinions on smashbox sheer focus tinted moisturizer?
I used to use this in the fairest shade (Luminous, I believe) and it was quite good-just enough coverage when I combined it with the Smashbox Halo powder. The only reason I switched away was because of some of the research about certain vitamins in sunscreen products actually increasing your risk of skin cancer, so I switched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limo View Post
I'm looking for a powder- I usually buy loose, but if pressed works better...- that doesn't kind of darken on your face after awhile. Do you know what I mean?
I use the Smashbox Halo powder and it's fantastic. It seems expensive (around $70 I believe) but it lasts FOREVER. The SA told me it's about double the size of a normal powder-it lasted me 2 or 3 years (you twist to "shave" off some powder, so it doesn't get clumpy or dirty after awhile) with regular daily use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
I suppose, I'm so pale Bobbi Brown is one of the only brands I can use.
I use Bobbi Brown now as well, the one with SPF20. I had really wanted to try Chanel, but the colours were so yellow on my skin. BB is perfect-and I'm not even the lightest shade which is a first!

For sunscreen, I use La Roche Posay Anthelios in SPF 60. Best sunscreen ever. I do have to reapply, but with any other sunscreen I burn.

14-04-2011
fashion insider

When I was in Gothenburg last week I tried on Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation in Shell and Lush foundation Jackie Oates. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and they looked really good and natural on me.

16-04-2011
scenester

If anyone is looking for a good everday lipstick I highly recommend Estee Lauder's Crystal Baby..its beautiful!!!

16-04-2011
V.I.P.

^I love it too but I blot it out a bit because it has a high shine effect and I prefer more of a matte finish.

26-04-2011
Adore You

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS View Post
Have you ever used Revlon's Colorstay? I wonder if the texture is similar.
i used to use Revlon Colorstay, the lightest shade has a subtle pink undertones. it has a nice matte finish (i had the Normal to Dry skin one) and pretty good for pictures. stays on really well and a good cleanser is necessary to remove it. it's not as liquidy as say L'Oreal's True Match foundations, it has a bit more tackiness before it's completely dry but it has a powder finish (i didn't need powder on top)

~

i haven't really been using this lately but i do like it so far. i'll probably like it more when it's warmer out, it's been chilly and windy here lately. it has subtle shimmer, nice golden undertones, and a little pink heart if you don't want too much bronze

Physicians Forumla Happy Booster in Light Bronzer
and it's really cute!

musingsofamuse

26-04-2011
scenester

I'm currently loving Pixi's tinted moisturizer. I like how it matches my paleness, and the slight shimmer.

26-04-2011
In Bloom

I do like the Soleil Tan de Chanel, formerly known as Chanel Bronze Universel...since it's a creme formula it's really easy to blend out, and it looks really natural on. I don't even like bronzer, but now I'm obsessed

we were in love

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin