How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-03-2007
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79
umm anyone here have idea of "how to look sexy with pale skin with"???
b/c everytime i think of sexy i think of a bronzed girls but as soon as i try to associate sexy with pale skin all i can think is those girls in AV O_O.....
Just think Sophie Dahl in the Opium ad from 2000..

pinterest : hanneonpin

01-03-2007
Storm & Sommer

Fabulyss please credit the picture in post #89.

pinterest : hanneonpin

01-03-2007
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

hmm it seems i have twenty minutes before i leave for work and i just realized that my undereye concealer is now too dark for me..it went orange on me. i havent even left the house yet. *sigh* truely this is what is like to be fair skinned. most of the makeup i own looks soo harsh on me now(realization came to be when i saw my face in some photos taken two weeks ago..so with every new photo i ended up wearing less and less makeup). now i dont even have any makeup i can anymore except mascara?!

havent worn mascara in a few days as well..i dont like having to take it off the end of the night because its waterproof but i suppose its the only thing i can wear out. so that and clear lipbalm(my Jack Black lip chap *kehe*)..although i dont even count that as makeup..

also emptied out my MAC Studio Fix NC30! i kept the compact because i still need a mirror..a really really bad match for me from a makeup artist, always looked too yellow or orange. i hardly ever used it

i gave away my MAC bronzer in Golden to my younger sister who has always had the warmest/tan complexion and MAC Stray Rose Matte blush to my older sister who is fair but can handle the strongest blush..i look like a clown with it because its too opaque..and i cant use my Pink Swoon blush anymore i loved that blush!! ugh..its perfectly sheer but too bright for me.

01-03-2007
trendsetter

I use NARS Orgasm blush and combine it with NARS Laguna bronzer ... it makes me look a little less sickly pale.

03-03-2007
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

Covergirl Fresh Complexion undereye concealer in Creamy Natural.. one of their lightest shades! (i used to use Natural Beige, a shade darker)

03-03-2007
scenester

NARS lip and cheek stain gives a little colour

03-03-2007
trendsetter

... just today I bought drugstore make for the first time since high school (I'm in law school now ... and old): Rimmel 16 Hour Matte Mousse foundation, and the Rimmel Anti-Fatigue Concealer; both are in 100 - Ivory.

I really like them.

03-03-2007
trendsetter

BTW - my routine "face" is Philosophy's Supernatural in the lightest shade, and MAC StudioFix in NC15 as a concealer (or NC20 ... I forget).

04-03-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79
umm anyone here have idea of "how to look sexy with pale skin with"???
b/c everytime i think of sexy i think of a bronzed girls but as soon as i try to associate sexy with pale skin all i can think is those girls in AV O_O.....
You either have to go vampy gothic, very natural or do a forties look I think.

I'm horribley pale but I got a freckle today. *ish proud* I've been outside a lot, only problem is my nose has gone red from the cold. *ish not so proud*

04-03-2007
trendsetter

These are the picture of myself that i took via my cell's camera.... what kinda product u guyz would recommend for me, esp for tinited moisuturiser and on how to choose colour?\ (sorry the first piz is a lil bit wiggly)
Please and Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02-02-07_0033.jpg (26.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 25-02-07_1613.jpg (45.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by jjbunny79; 04-03-2007 at 05:32 PM.

04-03-2007
& b

I still believe that MAC Strada is the best blush for pale people. its a beige/pink tone blush, on the container it looks grey, but once its on, its the best best blush ever.

I also feel that matte skin is the best look for pale skin, sometimes, the porcelain face look which can be achieved with a high coverage foundation such as Studio fix, and beauty powder or the mineralized skinfinish, on the cheekbones.

05-03-2007
little soul

^Would you recommend one of the Barbie Mac collection beauty powders? I want to try the brown one to bring a touch of colour to my face, but I'm worried about looking too 'plastic'..

05-03-2007
Secretly falling apart.

Location: Reading endless amounts of fashion magazines while watching The OC.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting on this thread (which I only just realised existed). Ive just read through everything and I feel like Ive picked up some very good tips for my pale skin!! Thankyou!

05-03-2007
windowshopping

JJbunny I'd say you just needed a bit of mascara, maybe some eyeliner and possibley some pressed powder.

What's everyone's opinions on using colour corrective powder (ie green). It makes you a bit paler but I think it's worth it for getting rid of redness.

Just don't put too much on or you'll end up like this.

Boots natural collection colour corrective powder, Boots natural collection shine away pressed powder (cool), cover up (I do have lips), lipstick with eyeshadow on top, some form of eye makeup.
(I was dressing up)

05-03-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusions_ghost
What's everyone's opinions on using colour corrective powder (ie green). It makes you a bit paler but I think it's worth it for getting rid of redness.
I've used it, even though I don't need it. Concealer or foundation is enough for me. Even the slightest amount left a green glow on me.

I had some vintage Vogues from the 60s that advertised green powder for looking whiter. It was kind of amusing, so that's why I tried it. But I don't usually think trying to be whiter than you are looks very good.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin