How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-05-2006
windowshopping

Pale / Fair Skin - What are your fave products?
ok, this is for the benefit of the pale girls. and im not talking about someone who hasnt seen the sun for a while, im talking about people (like me) who burn when they enter the sun, and have translucent skin.
so my question for you is, what are you fav makeup products to enhance and flatter your 'whiteness'

for me its:

chanel blanc de universel
benefit high beam
guerlain les meteorites compact

22-05-2006
trendsetter

umm, i like pearlescent primer and shimmery make up, for skin is sunscreen and some cream to block liver spot but since is have black/brown hair and brow eyes, i dunno wut make up colour i should wear.

Last edited by jjbunny79; 22-05-2006 at 04:19 PM.

22-05-2006
Power to the 99%

I swear by Prescriptives Custom Blend foundation. Since I have oily skin, I don't use highlighters--it would be coals to Newcastle

22-05-2006
trendsetter

i hate matte product, because they make me look like i have a mask on or cakey

22-05-2006
Of too many minds

YSL Touche Eclat and SKII whitening loose powder! They really help to conceal my flaws and give me a luminous glow from within.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

23-05-2006
fashion icon

I agree with PrincessImp. about Touche Éclat. I use it especially around eyes where the skin is so pale and thin that some veins are visible making me look like a notorious sleepless.
I should use sunscreen but the moisturizers i like don't contain or contain only low spf..

23-05-2006
V.I.P.

^ Agreed. YSL Touche Eclat and light powder. Add a bit of blusher for a glowy natural look.

25-05-2006
trendsetter

just wonder, if u have black/brown hair with brown eyes (with the pale skin) wut solour would look good on my skin?!

25-05-2006
Of too many minds

nudes and pinks and browns would be the obvious candidates.
Grey eyemake-up, navy and green eyeshadow can work as well and depending on your application, can be very dramatic.

I am not so sure about yellow, but it's a difficult colour to pull off anyway

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

25-05-2006
tfs star

i'm very pale but i tan easily. however where i live i'm pale most of the year round! orangey blushers make me look terrible. i use cheek and lip tints like benefits benetint, ysl touch eclat for under eye shadows and any other areas needing touched up, i rarely use foundation. i think eyeshadow depends entirely on your hair and eye colour.

26-05-2006
trendsetter

anyone use whitening/brightening product here? if so, any recommendation?!

27-05-2006
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

MAC Lustreglass in Flusterose - sheer rosy pink

28-05-2006
windowshopping

I've got really pale skin, and I use a peachy blusher which makes my cheeks shimmery and means I don't look ill .

I also just wear lipgloss (with a slight peach/brown tint) which looks cool too.

I have pale skin, light blue eyes, and dark hair by the way

Edited to say: I tend to stick with brown/peach colours in the summer - it looks very natural. In the winter and for nighttime I find that my colouring can take dramatic colours, for example, I love doing the smokey eye look, with bright green eyeshadow - very punky and cool

Last edited by katie-licious; 28-05-2006 at 03:18 PM.

28-05-2006
fashion insider

I use L'Occitane Brightening Cleansing foam...it really does brighten my pale skin. I then use La Mer to even out the color.

Right now I'm loving Dior Base de Teint instead of foundation...it gives me that flawless, porcelain look I always see on the catwalks with a hint of glow. Sometimes I'll use benefit high beam as well.

I tried one of those bronzing powders the other day...ugh, I looked like an overbaked cookie

28-05-2006
windowshopping

I'm hooked on Lancome Colour ID as a base - its fantastic. I naturally have a very neutral tint to my skin, so it can look dull so easily. This product is great. It really brightens your skin, and covers well but feels like you are only using a light moisturiser. It says it self adjusts to your skin tone and acidity (don't know how accurate that is) but whatever it does, it's fantastic. I can even get away with wearing a shade slightly darker than I normally would, it still looks really healthy and natural.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fair, fave, pale, products, skin