How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2006
The mod squad

Paula's Choice Skincare
I was wondering if anyone here ever tried Paula's Choice skincare products?
Are they any good?

16-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
I was wondering if anyone here ever tried Paula's Choice skincare products?
Are they any good?
It's gets pretty big raves, especially her BHA treatments. There's a website called makupalley.com that has tons of reviews on her products. That's where I learned about them. I use her balancing gel moisturizer, BHA gel and Sheer Matte Tint spf tinted moisturizer. She has some good information on her website also.

16-01-2006
Power to the 99%

I've tried the mask ... it was alright I guess ... it thickened up on me & was rather drying. I dislike it when products thicken when they age a bit ... it smacks of poor product development/amateur hour to me.

23-01-2006
windowshopping

I use the AHA and BHA solutions, and they both work pretty well. I tried the sheer tint (foundation), and it's okay but not as good as other foundations I found. I also tried one of her facial moisturizers, and it was very nice. A bit too light for me now that it's winter, but she has stronger moisturizers too.
Also, I use her mascara and several lipsticks. I like them all pretty well. The mascara doesn't clump and does thicken. The lipsticks have a really nice consistency, but they could do better on their color representation on their website.

Hope this helps...

22-10-2006
front row

Coincidentally, I just put in my second order for a small batch of PC products!

I've found the 2% BHA gel to work effectively on keeping my skin pretty clear or on quickly zapping stubborn blemishes that do appear. I'm sent away to try the liquid form of this solution. I find that this product to be incredibly cheaper than the drug store brand I was previously using (Clean & Clear xxx Advantage...the small silver tube with the little purple screw top) and just as good if not better.

I've enjoyed the Oil Absorbing Facial Mask, but she's discontinued that. It's the same as a DIY mask of Milk of Magnesia, only with a nicer consistency.

I started using one of the Antioxidant Concentrates a couple of days ago; and just now when I went to check it's name for you, I discovered that they sent me the wrong one back in April!!! (*Thanks, Golden_butterfly!!*) Now I'll have an opportunity to see how their Customer Service dept operates.

As for their oil blotting papers, they're a new product type for me so I'm not in the habit of using them as often as I should. They are functional, not pretty, and I especially like how they're powder-free.

I'm going to give the Skin Balancing Toner as soon as my Marcelle toner finishes.

The only complaint that I can think of regarding PC products is the packaging. It's simple and functional, not the sort of thing one would like if one is all about having a pretty, dainty boudoir. I, however, am looking for something that gives me tremendous bang for my buck, and clear skin. If that's for you, I recommend giving her products a go. I also second Suferchick2's suggestion to take a peek at makeupalley.com.

I have no comments on her makeup. I'm virtually clueless when it comes to makeup; plus I don't like having to base my choices on virtual colour swatches.

Finally, through October, S&H in Canada and US is only $3, so if you're unsure but still curious, you can always order a whole bunch of samples. I think they're very inexpensive.

Last edited by fashionbébé; 22-10-2006 at 08:46 AM.
18-05-2009
rising star

Paula's Choice skincare
Has anyone heard of/used Paula's Choice products?
I've been using them for about 4 months, and they are probably the best products I've tried.
I have pretty sensitive skin and they don't irritate at all.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/default_...utmk=160538813

18-05-2009
Storm & Sommer

Please remember to do a search prior to starting a thread deer_st0p

You can read all about how to do a search here : About tFS' Search Function. Narrowing Down Search Results, How to Find a Thread

pinterest : hanneonpin
24-10-2011
front row

I'm bumping this thread!
Does anyone else have experience with this line? I've just this evening started using the 2% BHA lotion and the Resist Antioxidant Concentrate serum and am curious to see what kind of result will occur. I have extremely sensitive dry/combo (blackhead-prone) skin. No irritation so far, I can usually tell within minutes whether I'm going to react to a product. Fingers crossed...

04-11-2011
stl
trendsetter

I tried their products and nothing worked for me. It broke me out, my face was a total mess. I tried integrating each product into my skincare routine and I also tried using them together. Nothing works. So test the products first before buying full size bottles.

04-11-2011
scenester

I had a bad experience with PC's BHA gel. I used it on and off for about 4 years and about every month or 2 I would get burns and eczema on my face. Ive found what she, paula, calls 'harsh' prodcuts so much more gentle on my face actually.

10-11-2011
trendsetter

^Is it because of the BHAs? My skin is oily and sensitive but can take the strongest of glycolic acid with no problem, just a little normal tingling. But BHAs (salicylic acid) always break me out, cause severe irritation, and, at times, eczema on my face. What is your skin type?

scenester

Yes, as I said in my post it was the BHA's but it took me a long time to figure it out!
Ive got normal-combination skin, depending on the seasons, but very breakout prone if I use the wrong ingredients.

11-11-2011
trendsetter

^For years I did what people and dermatologists told me to do. Oily skin, sensitive, breakout prone skin? Low strength salicylic acid to the rescue! Uh...no ma'am. Weird that a 12% AHA does no harm to my face but a 1% BHA does. I literally had eczema on 80% of my face from using BHA regularly. It was so heartbreaking to be a teenager with a red, inflamed, chewed up face that looked like I have a second degree burn on it. My neutrogena pore refining toner has some BHA, but not alot. It is very far down the ingredient list.

front row

I find that really interesting, I have very sensitive skin and am so far fine with the BHA lotion, but reacted very badly to a sample of the AHA gel.

20-01-2012
front row

I"m addicted to Paula's Choice!! I love that you can buy samples from the website too, I always try something new when I'm placing an order. Fav products are the Weightless Body Treatment (which someone on these forums recommended to me!) which has transformed my horrible legs, and the mattifying spf lotion which is great for my face, keeps it shine free. Love the carbon face mask too, for oily skin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choice, paula, skincare