How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2012
backstage pass

The Venus they used a topical numbing cream but I didn't pay extra and for Fraxel none were needed cause it honestly didn't hurt too much. It's like getting a small rubberband smacked on your skin.

The derm treatments results far outweigh all the treatments I've had at salons. They're darn expensive though.

22-06-2012
V.I.P.

i had my brightening peel last night. i dont really notice much of a difference. (the good thing is i had a bunch of extractions done also - so it wasnt a total waste of time)

i think i'm going to try to the clinique "even better" line that addresses hyper pigmentation while i wait for an appt. with my derm. (could take months )

i'm going to buy the even better serum and moisturizer with sunscreen.

there's a good gift with purchase going on at the department store with clinique also.

tfs star

I can honestly recommend L`Oreal Derma Genesis Pore Minimazing Serum. I don`t even use it every day, not to even mention twice a day. It makes skin very nice and even before applying make up.

29-06-2012
tfs star

Oh there was a huge sale in my local department store... so so much fantastic offers on quality cosmetics, so hard to resist I think I am going tomorrow at better time. There are always some extra huge sizes for expensive cleansers and stuff, and gifts <3 I am crazy about cosmetics, you can tell?

But back to the topic: I only went to buy L`Oreal BB-cream (anyone tried?), it was out of stock, I was put on waiting list. Other thing I had in mind (partly thanks this thread) was Lòreal studio secrets primer, that I also got. Works pretty well on my skin from what I just tried.

Edit: Oh no, I am a spammer, again!

Last edited by TommyGirl; 29-06-2012 at 06:00 PM.
20-07-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
Do products like the pore minimizer from Benefit work?
Yes I am a fan.

28-07-2012
backstage pass

you could try usuing natural ways, like :
1) peeling made of sugar and honey, gosh it works so well
2) honey mask( just put honey, but the natural one, not the one bought in supermarket) and leave for a few minutes , your skins becomes so soft and fresh
3) i heard that tap water is bad for ur skin, so you should try using the water in spray ( vichy , avene etc,or my guess a water that is bought in a supermarket but not the tap water.... ive started this to be precise yesterday so im not sure if it is true, but ill let u know)

28-07-2012
tfs star

^Luckily here we have the most clean tap water in Finland, they have researched that bottled water actually has much more bacteria. But I do notice the difference in the water on the different areas here, too. In some places the water is just not that good, but on my area we luckily have the cleanest ground water. We also have a ground water spring right near my apartment, sometimes we carry few bottles from there.

30-07-2012
rising star

I've been using the Dr Dennis Gross AHA peel (extra strength) and it's doing wonders! My skin is more clearer, even and smooth. I've only been using it for a week and I've already been getting compliments! but its a bit pricey

front row

I've had trouble recently with some swollen and red pores on my forehead. Any recommendations on something good to use on them? I was considering this stuff:

Source: Sephora

http://www.sephora.com/product/produ...ductId=P297524

Is that any good?

trendsetter

Did anyone tried Le Edge Skin Exfoliator? I've read a lot of positive reviews and considering ordering it.

le-edge

Quote:
Le Edge is finely sculptured ‘surgical grade’ stainless steel, it is precision designed to remove dead skin cells and debris from the skin’s surface with ease, revealing the newer younger cells and more radiant skin.
With no chemicals, just water, Le Edge is safe to use on dry skin or even sensitive skin. It does not disturb or irritate the skin’s natural ph balance.
Le Edge - the new no mess, no fuss approach to face and body exfoliation!

When do I use Le-edge?:
• Use regularly to maintain healthy skin texture.
• Pre-Shaving to lift ingrown hair away from the skin.
• Pre-Waxing to prep skin for a smoother finish.
• Remove old patchy fake tan.
• Exfoliate dry skin.
• Eliminate bumpy-arm syndrome.
• Effortlessly remove hard built up skin on feet.

How do I use Le Edge?:
• Le Edge is for use on wet skin; ideally, you should exfoliate when in the shower, under warm running water which will help to open up the skin’s pores, or, have a warm bowl of water to wet down the skin.
• Hold your Le Edge at a 45-degree angle to the area you are exfoliating. Place your fingers where indicated by the power grips to prevent slipping.
• The warm water will soften the skin surface allowing Le Edge to slide along the skin collecting the outer layer of dead skin cells, and debris such as soap, creams, oils, dirt, or instant tan remnants.
• Move to another area of the body always sliding along the skin in the direction that feels comfortable for you.

hqhair

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
18-08-2012
scenester

Quick fixes:

* Rosewater (organic) can reduce redness instantly. My face actually needs the little redness that it has so the first time I used rosewater I thought I'd been poisoned cause my face went pale green/yellow The effect doesn't last that long though...

* Mask made from oat. Really gives a poreless look and is easy to make at home, just crush and mix with water.

I've been using lemon juice to reduce marks from breakouts and it does seem to make my skin smoother in general. This winter I got some fine lines from living in a house that has to be heated in a way that makes the air extremely dry. Put some lemon juice on the lines and the dry skin peeled off. Lemon juice has become my "strange addiction" (like the tv-series). I'm using it on my skin, I drink it and have it in my food...

18-08-2012
tfs star

Pore instant perfector by Clinique improves pores before applying makeup.

19-08-2012
rising star

it's genetic, hormones, enviroment but still there are few things that can help your skin to look better.

- eating a healthy food, drinking enough water, regular excercise, at least 7 hours of sleep per day, reduce stress to minimum level and most important - be happy.

- find a perfect products for you. it's not easy, sometime it takes a long time but it's essential.

- do not overload your skin with 200 products and treatments ... keep it simple and don't touch your face if you don't need to.

- if you're 20 don't use face creams for 40 years old woman, and if you're 40 don't use teenage anti-acne products, even if you have acne.

- what works for me: diamond microdermabrasion, just 2 treatments during winter are enough for me (and only at doctor's office), fluids with cca 20% glycolic acid (avon has a great fluid) I use only one bottle per year because it can irritate skin.

- and after all: learn how to apply a make-up.

19-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marusenka View Post

- what works for me: diamond microdermabrasion, just 2 treatments during winter are enough for me (and only at doctor's office), fluids with cca 20% glycolic acid (avon has a great fluid) I use only one bottle per year because it can irritate skin.
i have a dermabrasion appt scheduled for october. can you tell us more about your appts? so they spread the diamond stuff on your face for 15 minutes right?

and afterwards your pores were less noticeable? did you have hyperpigmentation as well?

rising star

my problem was large pores, blackheads and some old acne scars.

treatment takes cca 30 minutes and it tickles, my friend said it was little bit unpleasant for her but I think it's surprisingly relaxing. after a treatment skin looks irritated but it last only for 2-3 hours. I wanted to cover redness with make-up but my doctor told me that is better not to, it's important to leave skin to breath.

what I've noticed right after a treatment was softness of the skin and, honestly, not much more, it's not like you've got a new face but after few treatments you really can see that pores looks smaller, they're not so clogged any more and skin is much fresher, healthier.

major result is number of compliments that I get for my skin. even when I think that results are not so visible - other people see the difference.

5 years ago I went on 4 treatments of diamond microdermabrasion (one treatment every 10 days). then I made a 3 years pause and now I have 2 treatments (in 10 days) every 12 or 18 months, and it's just enough. after that I don't even need a facial for months.

in my country one treatment costs around $90, I guess it's much more expensive in usa or uk.

why did you get an appt?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
flawless, perfect, poreless, skin