How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2012
trendsetter

Perfect, flawless, poreless skin: how?
How do you get perfect flawless poreless skin like this?

dailymail.com

Tips tricks products? ...or is it actually all just down to a mask of makeup

16-06-2012
front row

My best guess is that you'd use a makeup primer so that when you put makeup on, it doesn't fall into your pores, making them look more visible. The girl in that picture also has foundation on.

17-06-2012
front row

This is a topic that can (and does) fill many books. Good skin is related to stress/mood, nutrition, hormones, sun exposure, physical activity, genes that code for pore size, topical treatments etc etc.

17-06-2012
trendsetter

@Liya - noooo. *lol* hoping to achieve it by a mixture of healthy diet (ha!) and a brilliant cleansing regime with some added nightcream/gycolic peels ect ect.

Very sad to hear the only way is makeup (not an option for myself, personally - it never looks good on guys).

rising star

This product will do the trick: Retin A .1% available in the gel form, by prescription only.This product will work wonders and I use it myself!!!

Last edited by daniellat; 18-06-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Medical Advice is prohibited
17-06-2012
front row

You can trye Perricone MD's Intensive Pore Minimizer, it really works.
A good primer is a must—I really like Laura Mercier's primers.
And when applying your foundation, you can use a Beauty Blender.

18-06-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionturnip View Post
How do you get perfect flawless poreless skin like this?

Tips tricks products? ...or is it actually all just down to a mask of makeup
In her case, it's just makeup. Pretty thick layer of it, if I might be so brutally honest.

Skin quality has more to do with nutrition+exercise+fresh air (cannot stress the importance of fresh air enough). At least for me, it's very true.
Topical products help, sure, but a good sunscreen is the most important skin care item. Some sunscreens are tinted and blur away some of the flaws, like large pores and so on. The downside is, one has to use sunscreen every day for the rest of the life and it's best to start early on. It's a huge commitment and there are no shortcuts.
Retinoids, like the prescription drug tretinoin gallianoboy mentions are the most effective thing for correcting various skin imperfections, but they won't transform skin into flawless porcelain complexion. I would know, I've used them for years, in one form or another. Really effective and helpful, but no miracles there.

So, yes, the quickest way to great looking skin is makeup. Good primer to even out the surface (not always necessary), a well matched foundation or good tinted moisturizer/BB cream and concealer for the bigger flaws. Some contouring with non-orange bronzer can help to make it all look more natural.
Youtube is loaded with tutorials, you can learn a lot of tricks there. I forgot which channel it was, but the girl there had a very important message: best makeup is the kind you never notice. I'd say it's very true for guys who opt for using makeup. Unless one fancies looking like Adam Lambert...

18-06-2012
fashion icon

Do products like the pore minimizer from Benefit work?

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

1. fractional lasers like fraxel
2. peels like TCA or glycolic acids
3. retinoids or differin etc.

those are the main reasons why a celebs skin might look so good...

rising star

I've heard good things about "Dr Brandt no more pores" my sister uses it and I can say I have noticed a difference on her cheeks (she doesn't wear much makeup...)

I SK2 facial essence though - bought it to prevent lines around my eyes but have really noticed a reduction in the pores on my nose, cheek and chin. This product is amazing!

I've also tried micro dermabrasion and other treatments too but can't say I really saw much of a difference might just be me though

18-06-2012
backstage pass

Here's what works for me:

-Fraxel laser treatments. Expensive($400 a treatment) I've had 7 or 8 and they're really great at reversing sun damage, zapping fine lines, acne scarring, ruddiness and uneven texture. I'm overdue for one but my skin looks great. I'm 26 and get mistaken for a teen still.

-Clarisonic brush. Just great at really cleaning your pores out so you don't breakout in the first place and all your skin products will work better.

-Regular facials. I get them every 4-6 weeks where they extract stuff from my pores. It really helps

-Retinoids. I like Retin-A Micro from the derm and ROC Multi corexxion serum from the drugstore.

-Clay masks like Aztec healing clay and queen helene mint julep

-Exercise and working up a sweat. this gets my skin glowing

-Sunblock for obvious reasons

-Water, lots of veggies, fruits, and fish, coconut water, spinach, salmon. My fave things to eat. I like to take omega 3 capsules too.

-There's also a 3 step natural facial massage I give myself. Massage face in a upwards motion with olive oil for a couple minutes, then a mask of honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg for 15 mins, then a swipe of lemon juice for toner. I like to do this in the morning before makeup if I have time. It moves around the fluid and makes me face look less puffy as well, the honey moisturizes and the lemon makes me glow. I really love it and I should do it more.

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelbojangles View Post
Here's what works for me:

-Fraxel laser treatments. Expensive($400 a treatment) I've had 7 or 8 and they're really great at reversing sun damage, zapping fine lines, acne scarring, ruddiness and uneven texture. I'm overdue for one but my skin looks great. I'm 26 and get mistaken for a teen still.
can you tell us more about the fraxel treatments you got? how many days downtime afterwards did you experience? did you stay indoors for 7 days afterwards?

how far apart have you spaced your treatments? did your sunspots disappear?

backstage pass

how many days downtime afterwards did you experience?

No downtime at all. I had the Venus laser 2 years prior and that was awful. So much pain, I had to stay inside and slather Aquaphor on my face. The Fraxel just looks like a bad sunburn for about a day then it goes away quickly. I could go to work the next day and cover with makeup easily.

how far apart have you spaced your treatments? did your sunspots disappear?

I got mine every 3-4 months initially to zap all my teenage acne scarring and I noticed it zapped fine lines and wrinkles too. I don't have sunspots I don't think cause I wear SPF religiously but it helped everything else. But the sun damage it did get rid of on me were like the ruddiness that I got on my nose and high forehead from the sun.

Last edited by rachelbojangles; 19-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
19-06-2012
V.I.P.

^ could you show us ur skin ?

19-06-2012
V.I.P.

did you pay extra for a topical anesthetic for either lasers?

sorry i have so many questions....:p

i'm going for a 200 brightening facial on thursday. it costs 200$ and includes a a 20% glycolic peel and enzyme peel. i wonder if its really going to make a difference and if its going to be discomforting.

i probably should just bite the bullet and get something done from an actual derm.

Last edited by lucy92; 22-06-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
flawless, perfect, poreless, skin