How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2005
rising star

The Perfect Workout...
Okay so I am completely sick of running, I run on the tredmill, I run outside in my neighborhood...which can be hard sometimes because of tourists walking around etc.

BUT, I was wondering how you guys work out and what has worked for you, like what machinery you use, because I am part of a fitness club and I go almost everyday if I'm not running outside or doing pilates/yoga.

I've heard that the stairmaster is no good because it's boring as hell and it also creates bulky muscle...hard to fit into my jeans perhaps? And then I've heard that some things just don't work.

So any suggestions because running is becoming work, it never was before, but I've been working out since forever and it's just time for a change.

Thanks!

15-01-2005
trendsetter

Well, I joined a gym with my friends and its fanatastic.

You can get a personal workout plan by one of the people who work there and they basically tell you what to do, so you don't have to worry about if you're doing something wrong.

And when you're with friends, it just makes it more fun somehow

15-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_da_da_da
Well, I joined a gym with my friends and its fanatastic.

You can get a personal workout plan by one of the people who work there and they basically tell you what to do, so you don't have to worry about if you're doing something wrong.

And when you're with friends, it just makes it more fun somehow
haha yeah i run with friends most of the time...that personal workout does sound nice, i know that mine offers that to the max. level. i was thinking about a personal trainer, i had one when i was younger and it was wonderful.

trendsetter

I know what you mean, cos then you don't have to worry and let them do all the work, lol

15-01-2005
V.I.P.

There is no 'perfect' workout, but I must recommend the elliptical machine if your gym has one. Make sure you put it on a resistance level depending on your fitness level, or you could vary the resistance and speed for an interval workout. Very easy to use machine, easier on the joints than running, challenging and fun.

LMK if you'd like any other help/advice... this is my thing...

15-01-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoCalledPrep
There is no 'perfect' workout, but I must recommend the elliptical machine if your gym has one. Make sure you put it on a resistance level depending on your fitness level, or you could vary the resistance and speed for an interval workout. Very easy to use machine, easier on the joints than running, challenging and fun.

LMK if you'd like any other help/advice... this is my thing...
oooo i have heard about those!! i'll def. look into that.

V.I.P.

I like dance classes ... find it less boring compared to gym where you have to repeat the same stuff over and over again. I also like yoga / pilates

15-01-2005
V.I.P.

dancey-dance classes (like tap) or aerobic dance classes? because I just love hi/lo, step, etc...

16-01-2005
tfs star

i quit working out because i was so sick of my workout (cardio and weights). i haven't found anything i like (i tried pilates, yoga, step class, tae bo, dance), so i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.

17-01-2005
tfs star

Try circut training (it can be really hard if you really work at it) it burns a lot of calories, its not boring, and its quick. If you dont have a workout express or one of those places try to vary your cardio, i think somehow it burns more when you are always mixing it up and using different body parts. I like free weights too but its hard to do if you don't have a trainer there pushing you ,which is awesome.

Seductress in Eden

do weights... sculpt body by doing hit... eg go as heavy as you can... or you could go surfing/ skating or something else

19-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella
i quit working out because i was so sick of my workout (cardio and weights). i haven't found anything i like (i tried pilates, yoga, step class, tae bo, dance), so i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.

20-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoCalledPrep
my thoughts exactly

I need to find a new gym cause I'm moving house (YAY !)

I've been quite lazy with my working out this week I've kinda of done it too a minimum which is not like me really, though I've done some which is better than nothing

I have had packing, clearing out and work to worry about, I think that's fair enough, hehe .

I love model_mom!

I love the elliptical trainer! It seems to work so many muscles. I have a gym in my building and try to go after work to work-out as much as I can. I really like working out in my own home though. Lots of squats and lifting small weights is what I like to do at home.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella
i just sit on the couch and eat twix all day.
boy, that's the life - let me tell ya!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
perfect, workout