How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2007
trendsetter

soundsinteresting if i were u id do it i ahve bad eye circles too and im only 15 but its not red. i never knew that rubbing ur eye from removing makeup can cause saggy eyes =S

is this a sort of pernament foundation/concealer?

16-01-2007
front row

I'm not sure if it would make them saggy, I just worry about it because I'm a bit rough on my skin (I also need to find a better makeup remover...).

The way it works is they carefully inject pigmentation into your skin bit by bit, kind of the way tattoing works, I think. I have a pamphlet that explains it better but I think I left it in Toronto. There are some amazing before and after pictures (under "Camouflage": http://www.lilianne.com/perm_cosmetics/index.html) including someone's eyelids that were fixed...so it kind of gives me hope that they could fix my circles.

Oh yeah, also if anyone knows of other places that do this...anywhere from southern Ontario down to the NYC area isn't too difficult for me to get to...please let me know.

Last edited by FashionGrrrrl; 16-01-2007 at 11:54 PM.
17-01-2007
fashion insider

I've only seen permanent lipliner. Awful. Didn't realise they had more sophisticated makeup available.

17-01-2007
trendsetter

im glad they can coorect de pigmentation just a coupl;e of months ago after 3 eye surgeries after SEEING i noticed there was a white spot on my neck theres 2 reason its either a) vertilago or b) immense use of steroid cream (which i did use a lot when i was young) i hope it was caused by the steroid cream cause vertilago is quite freaky... now that i know of this i feel better
luckily its only that small spot on my neck

see it?

front row

Yeah. I'd say it's not too bad though. I have a small spot almost like that on my stomach, I have no clue what caused it but it's been there as long as I can remember. Kind of like a reverse birthmark or something.

17-01-2007
trendsetter

fashiongurrl- i was wondering the markon ur stomache, were u born with it or did is just suddenyl one day EMERGED out of nowhere? cause mines came out out of nowhere and it got me SOOo scared but im more relaxed about it now

front row

misssakura - I've found some scary pictures...if that kind of stuff isn't done right it looks so fake, especially on the lips and eyebrows. There seems to be two types of clinics, the ones that make it look natural and the ones that make it look like my grade 5 French teacher's drawn-on eyebrows. *gag* Here are a few examples of the latter style:

(www.permanentimage.info)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EB4.jpg (9.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg EB5.jpg (10.4 KB, 81 views)

17-01-2007
front row

madem0iselle - I'm not really sure, I didn't notice it till a few years ago but I wasn't really paying attention before then anyway. Have you asked your doctor about it? I'd do that if you're concerned.

17-01-2007
trendsetter

omgosh the eyebrows look so scary ....

yeah i went oo the doctar he told me not to worry and wait or either get surgery to tell if its vertilago but even if it is theres nothing i can do to i t since theres no cure for that now but i guess pernamne makeup? haha

front row

I'm glad to hear he's not worried about it. Since it's just the one spot you could also do what I do and blend on a bit of concealer and then set it with powder, if the spot bothers you. I do that for the occasional zit I get and it's nowhere near the hassle of covering my eye circles. Other than that, yeah, the micropigmentation definitely seems like the way to go if you want to do something permanent. Honestly though, I don't think it looks bad, just a little imperfection like we all have. Like the little scar I have on my forehead from falling off a bed as a child, lol.

17-01-2007
V.I.P.

This seems to either look far too perfect in the plastic Barbie-doll way or plain awful. I would never do this, it is a tattoo on your face. I think this is quite pathetic to be honest - don't do it.

fashion insider

Wtf is up with that eye liner? O_O

And as far as the white pigmentation goes, I have a big white spot on my back that appeared when I was about 10. It happened when my body reclaimed a mole (oooh scary) and resulted in the surrounding pigmentation, it has a super cool name "halo nevus".

I think it looks kinda cool personally, mademoiselle I think your patch looks cool but everybody has their own personal preferences. It sounds like what you have is pityriasis alba or something similar.

This isn't really on topic for permanent makeup but uhm..I don't know little identifying marks are special I think.

18-01-2007
front row

WhiteLinen - I'm not sure if you caught my post where I explained that I wanted to have severely dark eye circles covered up to match my skin colour, like camouflage, not what most people think of when they hear permanent makeup. I would never get things like eyebrows or lipliner tattoed on, I just want my face to look normal without having to plaster on concealer every morning. I use really good stuff from MAC and it's still a pain in the *** and doesn't look that great and if my eyes water it turns it white-ish and it dries up and gets flakey in the winter even though I put moisturizer around my eyes on a regular basis. Ugh. I've been covering up my eye circles every day for the past 10 years and I'm so sick of it, it's not even like I have the option of leaving the house without makeup because the one time I did people kept asking what was wrong with my eyes. It looks horrible and unprofessional, I could never have a job with any kind of human contact and go to work without makeup. Anyway, I don't think it's pathetic to want my skin to be skin coloured and normal looking.

Last edited by FashionGrrrrl; 18-01-2007 at 01:14 AM.
18-01-2007
fashion insider

You should see my under eye circles...in low light I give people nightmares >: ]

http://www.permanentmakeupstudio.com/ anyway this site says they treat under eye circles, so I'm sure a lot of places do it. I can't find any examples though

18-01-2007
front row

Oh wow, that's the first time I've actually seen under eye circles specifically mentioned. This is a good thing.

Heehee...I'm sure I could give people nightmares too. I tried taking a picture of my eyes to post but the camera flash washes out my face and it doesn't look as dark. Probably a good thing, I wouldn't want to scare anyone. :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, permanent