How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2008
scenester

i've used most of their products and always been happy with them ( almost 4 years now) until i got the Help Me retinol night treatment - my skin was itching like crazy so i stopped using straight away.
but i think it happened because i have sensitive skin and it's better to go to a dermatologist first and not to pretend to be one yourself ( which is what i've done).
all in all - great products.

22-11-2008
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dju dju View Post
and not to pretend to be one yourself ( which is what i've done).
Who hasn't?!?!

Anyone tried the greatest mystery? I ADORED the greatest love. So is it the same?

tfs star

is Hope in a Jar recommended for sensitive skin? i've been looking for a new moisturizer and i always hear great things about this one, but i'm afraid it'll be too harsh for me.

31-08-2010
front row

i've been looking for a very bare bone basic cleanser, and i came across the 'purity made simple' facial cleanser. does it have a fragrance to it or is it unscented? and has anyone tried their cleansing cloths?

philosophy.com

11-09-2010
front row

i also want to try their crispy rice treat body wash/shower gel.
its smells delicious and even has a recipe for the squares on the bottle.

15-09-2010
scenester

Bluechip, there is a very light scent to it, but it is a nice, clean scent that is not overpowering or strong. It is definitely my favorite facial cleanser.

Philosophy is my favorite skin care brand of all time. I have used The Present for forever and I love the matte way my skin looks. This stuff really does make it look flawless.

I also have the whole Amazing Grace line and I constantly get compliments on how I smell. Love it. I even have the candle! LOL

I've also been using the Vitamin C recently with my Hope in a Jar and Help Me night treatment. It's been working great.

Gosh I sound like one big advertisement! but I seriously have never been happier with a brand.

windowshopping

I've been using Purity Made Simple for about 4 months and my skin has been looking the best I have ever seen it! I'm 22 and have had acne for the last 10 years, so I can't even remember ever having really clear skin. This is the best I have ever seen it look, and I don't know if it's just coincidence from me getting older or if it is due to the cleanser but these last 2 months on it have been wonderful! I've also used several of the shower gels, my favorite are the Birthday Cake and Red Velvet Cake, and although the smell doesn't last, they smell so great in the shower. But I guess that's also a good thing that I don't smell like cake for hours, haha.

24-10-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

The brand's finally available in France. I think I might get the "Amazing Grace" perfume, it's so lovely!

front row

I've used the philosophy cleanser but I haven't noticed much from it after a couple months use. It cleans really really well in terms of removing makeup and will make your skin feel clean but in terms of clearing up my skin it has done nada. I've gotten better results from drugstore cleansers.

rising star

They stopped making their body scrubs in the yummy scents. They only come in two horrible perfume-y scents now, which I cannot stand. I'm going to have to look for another scrub now. I even emailed the company and they stated tht the fruity/foody scents didnt sell well and are now all discontinued.

28-11-2010
front row

I've used the "completely clear system" for a week now and its AMAZING. I've had bad bad acne, and nothing was working, but this system has drastically improved my skin in just one week. Can't believe it. I don't use any product on my skin but philosophy now. I want to try their liquid foundation! Anyone use it?

28-11-2010
Aby
V.I.P.

This thread really makes me want to try the brand.

V.I.P.

I bought the gingerbread man scrub thinking it would smell like actual gingerbread... guess not It's kind of a fresh scent but not really to my liking :/ Too bad since it's 652g. Oh well!

29-11-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by unipine View Post
is Hope in a Jar recommended for sensitive skin? i've been looking for a new moisturizer and i always hear great things about this one, but i'm afraid it'll be too harsh for me.
they have hope in a jar for dry and sensitive skin, which is what I use. its great!

29-11-2010
backstage pass

I love their 3-in-1 bath things. I use it as body wash mostly but sometimes as a bubble bath. Leaves my skin nice and soft. I love the gingerbread, pure grace, vanilla birthday cake and candy cane the most, though their other scents are good too. Great to give as gifts, too.

Love their lip glosses and lip treatments too. Make my lips look and feel good.

I want to try the hope in the jar next. I hear so many good things about it, so looking forward to that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
philosophy