How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2004
front row

Pond's Cold Cream
It's cheap and it's old school but my Mom swears by the stuff.

She and her 3 sisters and my Grandmother all really aged gracefully. I was just wondering if any of you have an opinion in it.

You can buy it almost anywhere that sells any kind of soap or beauty aid you can buy soap. ie. the grocery store.

Size matters.

13-10-2004
front row

What exactly do you use cold cream for? Does it remove make-up? Right now I use Guinot Lait Hydra Confort cleansing milk to remove pressed powder and then I wash my face as usual.

Ponds is a classic though, I remember my aunts and my grandmother using it too. The last time I saw Ponds in the drugstore, it had a new packaging.

So she's pulling out the pin

- Elvis Costello
15-10-2004
trendsetter

My mom, aunts, great aunts and grandmothers also swear by this stuff! They said that is what they used to keep their beautiful flawless skin, before all this new age stuff came along. My mom said it's even better than the $300 face cream she uses now! I started using it about a year ago, and have been everyday since then, and I have to say, it really is fab! My skin hasn't looked so good! I use the reg. Pond's cream, not the cold cream, even though I have that too. I find it a bit too thick to wash off. Nivea Visage exfoliating cleanser for dry skin is the best everyday cleaner, if you have dry skin.

front row

^ That's exactly what my Mom and other family members say, exactly.

The cold cream actually works as a moisturizer and it removes make up but you can get other ponds products, specifically for certain purposes.

I've had good experiences with it and think it's as good as any of the much more expensive creams and I've tried most of them.

Size matters.
25-10-2004
|/mirror queen\|

I used to love only face washes but im beggining to love creams to cleanse the face!
They are much more gentle and of you have a drier skin its the best to use as they will moisturise the face while cleansing it.
I would love to try this!

Rebaptising my badness

I swear by Ponds, too.

windowshopping

Wait- I have a question...
how exactly do you use the cream to remove makeup?

doesnt it just wipe it off but leave a residue?
Or do you just wash it off after you wipe off your makeup?

09-12-2004
windowshopping

it's my favourite cleansing cream! i tried using SHU UEMURA's cleansing oil for 6 months and it made my skin blotchy & ugly! so i went back to my oldie but goodie Pond's cream!

24-11-2005
windowshopping

(Ponds) Cold Cream users---HELP!
I have read (on here I think) about using Ponds cold cream to wash off eye makeup and all makeup....I bought some and tried using it last night, but I felt like it coated my face and didn't rinse off very well.

HOW does everyone use it?

Thanks!

24-11-2005
backstage pass

ok i'm not a Ponds CC regular user
but i did the same as you - bought it once: stung my eyes and was soooooooooo bloody greasy!!!

in hindsight, i'd suppose:
- use an astringent toner afterwards tp remove the residue. perhaps something with witch hazel.
- or - maybe wash your face afterwards with dove soap. i've read a recommendation to use oil to remove all makeup and then wash with soap afterwards.. so maybe that's the deal w/ Ponds CC.

i shudder to think what gals in the olden days had to do when Ponds CC was pretty much the only product around.

Last edited by gruveechik; 24-11-2005 at 01:35 PM.
23-12-2005
windowshopping

i love pond's!

it's really cheap, so i use most of their stuff, like the facial wash, skin whitening toner and their vitamin cream.

the cold cream makes my face feel really greasy, though.

25-12-2005
V.I.P.

I been looking for a inexpensive moisturizier, I'll be sure to check this one out next time I go to the drugstore.

tfs star

Check this out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-itfEIeGwWw

Ive tried it (yeah, laugh it up) but it kinda...works...

The woman is absolutely wacky, but I think shes got something right. Youve gotta use the tiniest amount...

23-03-2010
rising star

My mom and grandmother both used it and I used to use a bit when I was younger and wanted to use a "grownup" product!
I may try it if I see it in stores, is it sold in Europe?

24-03-2010
front row

I use it to remove eye makeup, it's too moisturizing to wash my whole face with. I started using it after all the other oily makeup removers where burning and irritating my eyes. Plus it has a lovely light rose scent

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cold, cream, pond