How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-07-2012
  1
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 333
Prices of low end cosmetics/personal items in Los Angeles
Is there anyone from LA on this forum?

I am planning a trip to LA next year and just wondering if I should bring all the essentials with me or are they cheaper to buy in LA? The things I am wondering about are just the little things like tootpaste, Cetaphil cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, etc?

Is anyone able to look at these prices and let me know if they are cheaper in LA, and if so what is the cheapest place to get them from?

http://catalogues.chemistwarehouse.c...two&gotopage=1

__________________
I am building a house :) Check out my blog: http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
 
23-07-2012
  2
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_n_simple View Post
Is there anyone from LA on this forum?

I am planning a trip to LA next year and just wondering if I should bring all the essentials with me or are they cheaper to buy in LA? The things I am wondering about are just the little things like tootpaste, Cetaphil cleanser, shampoo, conditioner, etc?

Is anyone able to look at these prices and let me know if they are cheaper in LA, and if so what is the cheapest place to get them from?

http://catalogues.chemistwarehouse.c...two&gotopage=1
I usually buy essentials like these from either CVS or Target. I would recommend just checking out their websites for the prices. Personally, what these stores offer is priced well. Not expensive at all, imo. Like I just spent around $10 for a nice L'Oreal and around $5 for toothpaste recently. You can use that as a reference, but I hope that helps.

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
  Reply With Quote
23-07-2012
  3
scenester
 
cup-of-tea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne
Gender: femme
Posts: 77
As your from Australia (as am I) yes, just wait till you are there! If you have travel sizes of face stuff that you like, take it with you. But body wash/soap, shampoo and toothpaste just buy it in the states!

  Reply With Quote
23-07-2012
  4
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 333
Thank you LagerfeldBoy!!!

I will take a look at cvs and target's prices. I had a look at Right Aid and it their prices were more expensive than this Australian pharmacy whose link I attached.

__________________
I am building a house :) Check out my blog: http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
23-07-2012
  5
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 333
Going off topic now after seeing the CVS online catalogue ...

I noticed "Hershey's milk chocolate or Reese's peanut butter cups 2 for $8 with card"

Is this a good price (doesn't even say what size the chocolate bars are :S)?
How does one get a "card"?

__________________
I am building a house :) Check out my blog: http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
23-07-2012
  6
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup-of-tea View Post
As your from Australia (as am I) yes, just wait till you are there! If you have travel sizes of face stuff that you like, take it with you. But body wash/soap, shampoo and toothpaste just buy it in the states!
Thanks for that. Comparing Chemist Warehouse prices and the US prices it seems to me that things aren't exactly cheaper over there ... I will be going there with hardly any stuff so storage on the way there won't be an issue.

__________________
I am building a house :) Check out my blog: http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
23-07-2012
  7
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_n_simple View Post
Going off topic now after seeing the CVS online catalogue ...

I noticed "Hershey's milk chocolate or Reese's peanut butter cups 2 for $8 with card"

Is this a good price (doesn't even say what size the chocolate bars are :S)?
How does one get a "card"?
You get a card by filling out a little application. When you check out, they scan the card. I keep all of mine on my key ring (they come with a full size and a mini). One checkout person suggested I laminate them all and carry that mess around in my purse, like someone else somewhere in this city apparently does Yeah, that's gonna happen

__________________
Luxury is living a simple, elegant, and responsible life. Luxury is a reduction.
--Steven Volpe

  Reply With Quote
23-07-2012
  8
Power to the 99%
 
fashionista-ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hardly ever at Barney's
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_n_simple View Post
Thanks for that. Comparing Chemist Warehouse prices and the US prices it seems to me that things aren't exactly cheaper over there ... I will be going there with hardly any stuff so storage on the way there won't be an issue.
What's the exchange rate? I thought your dollars were significantly different than ours?

__________________
Luxury is living a simple, elegant, and responsible life. Luxury is a reduction.
--Steven Volpe

  Reply With Quote
24-07-2012
  9
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
You get a card by filling out a little application. When you check out, they scan the card. I keep all of mine on my key ring (they come with a full size and a mini). One checkout person suggested I laminate them all and carry that mess around in my purse, like someone else somewhere in this city apparently does Yeah, that's gonna happen
Thanks for that

@ laminate them all and carry that mess around in my purse

__________________
I am building a house :) Check out my blog: http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
24-07-2012
  10
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
What's the exchange rate? I thought your dollars were significantly different than ours?
It varies. But they are pretty close. At the moment for example:

10 U.S. dollars = 9.73615033 Australian dollars

__________________
I am building a house :) Check out my blog: http://bisbuildingahouse.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angeles, cosmetics or personal, end, items, los, low, prices
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.