How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2005
fashion icon

There was a congressional hearing about accutane and its potential dangers. Turns out that the reported cases of depression with users were brought on by excessive alcohol consumption and accutane. Hoffman-LaRoche the company that makes accutane was also brought to court but the families had no case because the teens who had killed themselves due to the depression where under the influsnce of alcohol.

The accutane package now clearly states that you should not consume alcohol when using the drug.

If you want to be safe just don't drink any alcohol when taking accutane.

12-07-2005
fashion icon

i just recently ordered Proactiv for the first time and i've been on it for about 4 days,morning and night. i've noticed that my skin is getting slightly better, my skin isn't feeling 'grainy' as much, the pimples are subsiding...but this morning i saw on the jawline i was getting little spots (like my pores are swollen a little) and they itch...do u think i'm getting an allergic reaction? coz its def. not pimples....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix123
i just recently ordered Proactiv for the first time and i've been on it for about 4 days,morning and night. i've noticed that my skin is getting slightly better, my skin isn't feeling 'grainy' as much, the pimples are subsiding...but this morning i saw on the jawline i was getting little spots (like my pores are swollen a little) and they itch...do u think i'm getting an allergic reaction? coz its def. not pimples....

You might be using too much product.

13-07-2005
V.I.P.

A Canadian show (Street Cents) did a test where five or something kids tried Proactiv, and it only worked for one of them.

I use Eucalyptus Oil for my zits, but putting too much might really hurt the eyes.

13-07-2005
God Save McQueen

i recently got proactiv and so far im loving it.

i have had really bad acne which the only thing that has been able to treat it in the past was expensive chemical peels. i have tried everything, including murad which did nothing.

everyone i know who has great skin uses proactiv, so i thought id try it and so far i love it. im not cured yet, but its working pretty well.

it really doesnt burn my skin (murad hurt like a bitch and did nothing) and benzoyl peroxide is really the only stuff that is strong enough for my skin. salicytic acid is a joke.

13-07-2005
i'm almost ready..

proactiv was a disaster for me....
made me breakout in places i wasnt normally...
i'd stop using it and everything would calm down...
then try again and it would flare up...

so its sitting at the back of my medicine cabinet now...
that was a big no-no...!

but i hope you have better results...
good luck!..

23-07-2005
rising star

I have been using Proactiv for 4 years now, and it's better than anything I have ever tried. My skin is very clear, and I don't have to wear foundation anymore. It feels good not to wear any foundation or powder at all.

The only thing is that intead of using Proactive twice a day, I only use it at night, and just splash water on my face in the morning. I'm 31, and it has definitely cleared my skin up. I wish I had this when I was a teenager!

23-07-2005
gromosexual

Proactiv is ok, but i found this stuff on ebay (i know, its on ebay.. blah blah) http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=5598587854 by Carley's Clear and Smooth and it worked so much better for me. And the soap they give you with it is AMAZING. I'm actually going to order more of the soap because I fell in love with it. I can vouch or this stuff being the real thing. Anyone else use Carley's stuff?

24-07-2005
trendsetter

i got proactiv a while ago and it didnt help me - it just dried out my skin but apparently it only works on a certain type of acne anyway.... its hard on sensitive skin

24-07-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
There was a congressional hearing about accutane and its potential dangers. Turns out that the reported cases of depression with users were brought on by excessive alcohol consumption and accutane. Hoffman-LaRoche the company that makes accutane was also brought to court but the families had no case because the teens who had killed themselves due to the depression where under the influsnce of alcohol.

The accutane package now clearly states that you should not consume alcohol when using the drug.

If you want to be safe just don't drink any alcohol when taking accutane.

So you're saying that if you use Proactiv, you shouldn't drink alcohol?

gromosexual

no hun she's saying if you're taking accutane, which are pills your doctor prescribes you, that you shouldn't drink alcohol.

thankfully you're still allowed to get tanked if you're on proactiv

25-07-2005
windowshopping

I used Proactive for two years. In the beginning it worked, but I still had breakouts and it got worse. I realized later that I'm sensitive to glycolic acid (main ingredient) so it just made my acne worse. My advice would be to see a good dermatologist.

25-07-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader
no hun she's saying if you're taking accutane, which are pills your doctor prescribes you, that you shouldn't drink alcohol.

thankfully you're still allowed to get tanked if you're on proactiv
haha okey..thanks! don't really know what's in the Proactiv stuff!

backstage pass

Proactive
Do P Diddy and Jessica Sipmpson and the other famous people get paid to do the infomercials? I thought they said that they were not but does anybody know. the last time I saw Jessica Simpson on I had a feeling that they were all paid otherwise why would they do it.

26-08-2005
front row

i highly doubt they would do it without any pay

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
proactiv