How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatooey
for benetint, i think it totally depends on your skin type and color...pale people CANNOT use this product, 3 drops and they look splotchy. My skin is more of a yellow beige warmish color, and i need like 9 drops before any color shows...its one of my favorites!
i dont like great lash either! clumpy and smells bad.
Very true.

22-01-2005
tfs star

girls i love my great lash mascara! its the only one i'll use i just keep coming back to it, but my mom has the same complaints about it (it runs, its clumpy, it smudges) so i guess it all depends on your eye shape and what you can tolerate. Anywho pretty much any benefit powder product has not worked (dandelion, the bronzer, georgia peach, the even out pressed powder) i think they made me break out.

front row

Neutrogena and Clean & Clear Cleansers- Actually made my skin worse!

that Cover Girl Outlast,I agree. I tried and it goes really, really dry after a while!

Brilliant Brunette shampoo-useless. No different than any other crappy shampoo. Why does everyone love it??
Hmm,that's all I can think of right now....

V.I.P.

La Mer. I got talked into buying it, and it turned out to be nothing special. Definitely not worth the price!

23-01-2005
V.I.P.

love lacome juicy tubes but lancome juicy tube pop make me wanna hurl i cant stand the smell or taste.

23-01-2005
Kel
rising star

Bourjois Coup de Theatre mascara.

So I heard practically everyone on this makeup forum I used to frequent constantly rave about how *GREAT* this product is and how full and long their eyelashes are when using it. I have really long lashes, but wanted to try this product anyway because I generally like mascara with dramatic effects. I bought it at Sephora, went home, and quickly tried it out, and... yeah. My eyelashes didn't look much different. I figured I did something wrong, so I took it off and tried again. Same results. I mean, it looked like I was wearing absolutely nothing. Looking back now, I realized something must have been wrong with the mascara...

23-01-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Thanks Kel!

I was trying to remember a product and i make mine your words.

The Double Extension mascara by L´Oreal did what i was expecting from Coup de Theatre. I really don´t understand how people rate that Bourjois masacara so much...

23-01-2005
windowshopping

NYC Clear Lipgloss - I was in a hurry and I couldn't find any lipgloss at home, so I just ran to the store and grabbed that. It was so sticky . . even if I just had on a little bit . . .
Almay Bright Eyes Shimmer Pearls - I bought it for the pretty white and mauve colors, and they wouldn't show up.
Rocket City Lipgloss - I got this one online at Sephora, and it had glitter in it when I got it, (I swear I picked clear . . ) and so I was just like "Well, okay" and I tried it anyways. The glitter . . ug. It felt like my lips were covered with sand.
Maybelline Matte Mousse Foundation - I think Maybelline makes it. But it caked on my face and made me look like I had a ton of coverup on. Usually I look for something with really light coverage since I'm lucky and don't need foundation in the first place . .

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruveechik
- Chanel perfumes - cannot stand one single Chanel fragrance
ditto on that. I realize they're classic and most people love them, but they make me choke.

Great lash doesn't run on me, but it smudges like crazy and makes my eyes itch.

Wet'n'Wild lipliner #666 -- Every now and then I still see it in a magazine recommended as a nice drugstore alternative that's supposed to give a "natural" color. It looks brown on me.

27-01-2005
trendsetter

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - does not do one thing for me. It clogs my pores, I break out, and it doesn't have the nicest smell in the world..

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about

27-01-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_da_da_da
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - does not do one thing for me. It clogs my pores, I break out, and it doesn't have the nicest smell in the world..

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about
Happened the same with me until someone told me you have to use it ONLY in your lips, your eyes and your neck, NEVER EVER use it all over your face, it was a terrible experience because it caused me a lot a zits and pimples.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitena
Happened the same with me until someone told me you have to use it ONLY in your lips, your eyes and your neck, NEVER EVER use it all over your face, it was a terrible experience because it caused me a lot a zits and pimples.
Really? Did not know that!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hate!, loves, products