How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2004
paint it black

I'll start:
Great Lash mascara by Maybelline. Total waste, I bet editors are paid to rave about this

Redken All Soft conditioner. Made my fly-aways stand out, not quite the look I'm going for, thankyouverymuch.

01-01-2004
V.I.P.

I am not sure if EVERYONE raves about it, but magazines were all over the "Cover Girl Outlast" lipstick when it came out!

The tube contain the color is so smelly and it's just too liquid. It's like putting water on your lips, I have trouble spreading it. And plus, after I wear during around 2 hours, it starts to peel off on some spots of my lips.

It's a really interesting idea (a lipstick that lasts up to 8 hours), but it didn't work!

01-01-2004
fashion insider

Chanel Double Pefection Compact
---really the worst powder I've had ever it does NOT blend with the skin at all, looks way too powdery on even a tiny little bit is applied, do I have chalks on my face or what?! color selection is lacking, the lightest shade "Vanilla" is the closest to my skin tone among all others but still looks weird when I have it on, my face seems totally lifeless. I thought I was looking at a strange ghost and I wanted to cry and it also broke me out, which never happened from any powder I've used in my life! ok I've said enough

can't think of more products for now

01-01-2004
tgp
fashion elite

I second the Great Lash-it runs and smears like crazy.

02-01-2004
Procrastinator.

Quote:
Originally posted by tgp@Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:39 pm
Word on the Great Lash. When I tried it, it flaked so badly that it got into my eyes and on my contact lenses. Ouch!

http://www.shopstyle.com/users/hboogie
02-01-2004
fashion icon

YSL Touché Eclat concealer

02-01-2004
windowshopping

YSL's Touche Eclat is NOT a concealer. That's why people don't fall in love with it. It does not provide coverage (maybe a tad) but illuminates and brightens. It's great in conjunction under or over a concealer. Play around with it and see!! :-)

03-01-2004
V.I.P.

mac lipglass (tinted and clear)
the clear one is sticky as and I can get exactly the same amount of shine from an Armani shine lipgloss (minus the stickyness)

tinted ones give me these ugly white lines on my lips (which i get with no other lipgloss)

03-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Madison77@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 12:01 pm
YSL's Touche Eclat is NOT a concealer. That's why people don't fall in love with it. It does not provide coverage (maybe a tad) but illuminates and brightens. It's great in conjunction under or over a concealer. Play around with it and see!! :-)
Exactly! I am so tired of people thinking that TE is a concealer, when it isn't.

03-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:24 pm
---really the worst powder I've had ever it does NOT blend with the skin at all, looks way too powdery on even a tiny little bit is applied, do I have chalks on my face or what?! color selection is lacking, the lightest shade "Vanilla" is the closest to my skin tone among all others but still looks weird when I have it on, my face seems totally lifeless. I thought I was looking at a strange ghost and I wanted to cry and it also broke me out, which never happened from any powder I've used in my life! ok I've said enough

Wow, really?
I'm sorry that happened to you!
Personally, I love the stuff.
What skintype are you?
If you're dry, then that's probably why that happened.

03-01-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yes!

All of those magazines and makeup artists who raveraverave that crappy mascara are totally paid to!

03-01-2004
rising star

Maybelline Wet Shine lipstick ... it's NOT wet looking, and the tube has barely ANYTHING in it. grr ... haha

04-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by brian+Jan 3rd, 2004 - 8:48 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 3rd, 2004 - 8:48 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:24 pm

Wow, really?
I'm sorry that happened to you!
Personally, I love the stuff.
What skintype are you?
If you're dry, then that's probably why that happened. [/b][/quote]
I used to have dry skin, but I do think my skin tends to be combination now.
and I don't think it's a matter of dry skin or not. even when I applied it on my oily or shiny areas, it just "stands" on my skin and looks powdery and unnatural (only very tiny amount was applied, btw). it just doest NOT bend with the skin! ---haha I know I kept on repeating this
anyway, it just didn't work for me, I like my Diorskin Compact so much better.

11-01-2004
windowshopping

maybelline great lash

11-01-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
i hate it too and it stings if u cry (which i do at movies alot) i thought i was gona go blind

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hate!, loves, products