How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2003
V.I.P.

Puffy Puffy...
I'm not quite sure whether this topic belongs under skin or body, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of a puffy face and puffy eyes besides the obvious sleep..because sometimes even when I do sleep it still happens...

15-12-2003
backstage pass

I heard that sleeping on your stomach cause your face to swell....that probably didnt help srry

16-12-2003
& b

Get a sample of Kanebo Sensai for eyes. You will love it

cat
backstage pass

hmm...tea bags on ur eyes? i heard smthing like that before...

17-12-2003
V.I.P.

Ugh, finals... anyway, okay this might sound crazy weird, but I heard something about Preparation H?

17-12-2003
& b

How could I forget about that ... Hemorhoid cream is an excellent emergency tip for puffy eyes. It deflamates the undereye area, and because of it thickness, it hydrates the area. The undereye skin will be ready for concealer, without looking puffy or flaky.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by cat@Dec 16th, 2003 - 9:55 pm
hmm...tea bags on ur eyes? i heard smthing like that before...
Yeah, I've heard that too. Specifically Chamomile tea bags. Also cucumber slices.

18-12-2003
rising star

The first thing you need to do is drink a lot. I'd recommend some infusion of parsley, cellery and some drops of lemon juice.
the reason for this is that many times puffiness comes from your lymphatic system not working too well. You need to cleanse your body by drinking and the above mentioned infusion helps with this. You need to drink a couple cups per day.

Then wash your face with cold water (as cold as you can take) because it will make your blood vessels constrict (get smaller) and it helps with the 'swell'.

After that use for eyes the hemorroid cream, but don't abuse it. It's a wellknown trick, but it's a cream that is not meant for the area around the yes, so it will help you sometimes but it shouldn't be used on a daily basis.
Also some slices of cucumber on the eyes or tea bags (yep, camomile does wonders...) will help as well.

Sofia

18-12-2003
backstage pass

Try getting one of those gel eye masks that you can put in the freezer to soothe tired and puffy eyes.

19-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

Hemerrhoid cream? Ewwwww...

rising star

Hemorrhoid cream is a trick used at catwalks and by models all the time. it's one of theyir must haves.

Sofia

16-05-2005
scenester

So besides drinking water and not sleeping on the stomach, any other suggestions for puffiness in the face? My face always looks so bloated when I wake up.

16-05-2005
rising star

In the morning if your face is a little puffy, put on an icepack/icemask.

16-05-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro
How could I forget about that ... Hemorhoid cream is an excellent emergency tip for puffy eyes. It deflamates the undereye area, and because of it thickness, it hydrates the area. The undereye skin will be ready for concealer, without looking puffy or flaky.
I use this!

I heard about it once and thought 'what they heck, I'll give it a shot' and it does actually work

Its a bit icky when you first try it (for obviously reasons ) but you should give it a go meowmix.

Either that or the old trick of keeping spoons in the fridge overnight and then placing them over your eyes in the morning

17-05-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_da_da_da
I use this!

I heard about it once and thought 'what they heck, I'll give it a shot' and it does actually work

Its a bit icky when you first try it (for obviously reasons ) but you should give it a go meowmix.

Either that or the old trick of keeping spoons in the fridge overnight and then placing them over your eyes in the morning
i do the spoon thing.
works great everytime.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
puffy