How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2006
backstage pass

Some questions...
Ok, so I'm not sure I'll ever go 100%, nor do I think I want to.. But I do find the idea of increasing the amount of raw fruit and vegetables in my diet a good one, so... here are just some things I have been wondering about since I started thinking about this diet.

1. Is soy milk "raw"? Why no "real" milk for that matter? So could I have oats with soy/milk and fruits for breakfast? - How "raw" would that be?

2. What about protein? Does raw seafood, shrimps, eggs in shake/smoothie (blergh, not that I would do it but I'm asking hypothetically) count?

3. People who do this diet can still drink herbal teas right?

4. What supplements do you take, if any?

Any comments on the above will be appreciated I think I might do a 70% tryout or something of the sorts...
But I'm going to my parent's place over the Easter break, and I don't think I could possibly miss out on my mom's lasagna, so it'll have to wait a wee bit

10-04-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

thanks for all the links, etc. I've been thinking about encorporating a lot more raw food into my diet lately just because i've been feeling a bit icky. Not as a raw food diet or anything but i can see how eating veggies etc. raw would be more beneficial. When you cook with onions, garlic, etc. do you eat them raw as well?

10-04-2006
i'm almost ready..

good thread and discussion.........

10-04-2006
Storm & Sommer

Diet discussions belong in the weight thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...les-40761.html

12-04-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

We have decided to reopen this thread and though we appreciate how on topic everyone has been, just a reminder that this thread is for discussing the eating of raw food and not as any sort of weight loss 'diet'. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me

12-04-2006
front row

Browneyes

1. Is soy milk "raw"? Why no "real" milk for that matter? So could I have oats with soy/milk and fruits for breakfast? - How "raw" would that be?

No, not raw. You can make nut or seed milks (SOOOO easy!!) that taste far better and are far more nutitional. You might experience bloating and gas eating fruits with a milk. Fruit should be eaten alone as it only takes a very short time to digest, otherwise it begins to ferment in your stomach.

2. What about protein? Does raw seafood, shrimps, eggs in shake/smoothie (blergh, not that I would do it but I'm asking hypothetically) count?

Protein is simply amino acids. Amino acids are in all foods. Do not worry about getting enough protein. I can explain this further if you like.
There are raw foodists who eat raw animal products. Egg yolks in smoothies, raw fish, raw diary etc... But beware that raw dairy in shops, may not really be raw. Many products which claim to be raw, unfortunatly are not. You just have to sort out reliable sources.

3. People who do this diet can still drink herbal teas right?

Sure if you like. Not technically raw unless you make sun tea.

4. What supplements do you take, if any?

I take MSM, bee pollen, Macca (sometimes), and a green powder (sometimes).

Last edited by LucindaMay; 12-04-2006 at 07:37 AM.
12-04-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
thanks for all the links, etc. I've been thinking about encorporating a lot more raw food into my diet lately just because i've been feeling a bit icky. Not as a raw food diet or anything but i can see how eating veggies etc. raw would be more beneficial. When you cook with onions, garlic, etc. do you eat them raw as well?
Yes! I love to eat garlic and onions. I think they are much better raw!

01-05-2006
V.I.P.

scanned by me from April 2005 Health magazine
HealthApril2005.jpg

Last edited by Bonchic; 01-05-2006 at 04:03 PM.
01-05-2006
fashion elite

thank you everyone for sharing your info, so very interesting...

scenester

anyone know where i can get recipes for raw coconut cream and raw banana cream pie? i found this recipe for this delicious raw strawberry cheesecake (not real cheese) and i cannot wait to try it. im curious, could i really eat the whole thing ( i dont think i would but...) and be without reason to feel guilty? its amazing, eating cheesecake thats actually beneficial to your health!

Last edited by laurea; 01-05-2006 at 05:57 PM.
01-05-2006
slightly dizzy

^ Just remember that anything beneficial/healthy isn't necesseraly good if it's taken in excess...

Even though fruits and nuts are good for you, they do contain calories... And if you drink a lot of water (which is good) it could actually kill you if you're drinking huge amounts; we're talking 10 litres in an hour or so though!

11-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atelier
I could never do it for one simple reason: Juliano.

Ever since I saw this tool on E! (or was it the Style Network), no way.
what was this about?

11-05-2006
fashion icon

what is a raw food "oven"?

11-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelnumber5
what is a raw food "oven"?
a Dehydrator ?

it works by warm air blowing over the food, that makes the water evaporate, and the temperature is around 90 degrees , so it isn't hot enough to kill the enzymes , so the food remains raw....but less water. So, you can make your own dried fruit, it's useful to use to prepared dried raw food to pack when you are travelling.

Last edited by fashionlives; 11-05-2006 at 08:25 PM.
12-05-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionlives
a Dehydrator ?

it works by warm air blowing over the food, that makes the water evaporate, and the temperature is around 90 degrees , so it isn't hot enough to kill the enzymes , so the food remains raw....but less water. So, you can make your own dried fruit, it's useful to use to prepared dried raw food to pack when you are travelling.
thnk u!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
foods, raw