How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba
it's not just a feeling - I mean, my acne went away over night - litteraly...
Hey alba
Do you think you could help me? I really want to go on this "diet" but i don't know what to eat? Could you tell me what you can eat? I couldn't find anything on their website! I'll like my skin to be perfect - hehe. I hope you have time to help me

19-08-2006
scenester

well of course! I'll write you a personal message in danish one of these days!!

19-08-2006
scenester

wuups - this is alba writing, I'm just logged on my sisters account apparently

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenhouse
Hmm.. so far today i've consumer lotss of grapes, an apple, a small cucumber (from my garden), carrots, and a bowl of berries. Maybe my face will glow tommorrow too!? :p Wishful thinking.
just remember that grapes have alot of sugar in them (natural mind you but you can still overdo it on them) and carrots as well.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcheeba
wuups - this is alba writing, I'm just logged on my sisters account apparently
Mange tak alba! Det er så sødt af dig! Så du også min besked på din profil? Du kan lige få min mail, så kan vi skrive sammen der hvis det er okay?
kristinalundjensen@yahoo.dk

Tak for hjælpen!

Knus, kristina

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

I think the raw food diet is great in that it encourages a large part of your diet to be fruit and veg... which really is the cornerstone of any good diet. However I find some of the niggling dos and donts faddish. Of course too much curry will kill you in the long run but it can be a limited part of your diet whether or not you label it 'raw'. I personally prefer veggies uncooked (well a lot of them anyway) such as broadbeans, caultiflower, broccoli. I mean I used to detest broccoli until I tried it raw. But it is a preference. Tomatoes just SHOULD NOT be cooked. They are incredibly acidic when cooked. But I mean I do think boiled things are ok.

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

I've always preferred my veggies raw. When I was little and lived in Missouri my mom had a like 1-2 acre garden and I would always go out there and pull up a veggie, wash it off with the garden hose and eat it! I remember doing that with a radish and my mouth was on fire Then when supper time came I didn't want to eat the cooked veggies, so I was always the last one at the table because I had to finish my plate I even spit the peas in the trash can, on top mind you where it was obvious so then I got in trouble..

V.I.P.

I think the raw food diet is great in that it encourages a large part of your diet to be fruit and veg... which really is the cornerstone of any good diet. However I find some of the niggling dos and donts faddish. Of course too much curry will kill you in the long run but it can be a limited part of your diet whether or not you label it 'raw'. I personally prefer veggies uncooked (well a lot of them anyway) such as broadbeans, caultiflower, broccoli. I mean I used to detest broccoli until I tried it raw. But it is a preference. Tomatoes just SHOULD NOT be cooked. They are incredibly acidic when cooked. But I mean I do think boiled things are ok.

23-08-2006
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonchic
I've always preferred my veggies raw. When I was little and lived in Missouri my mom had a like 1-2 acre garden and I would always go out there and pull up a veggie, wash it off with the garden hose and eat it! I remember doing that with a radish and my mouth was on fire Then when supper time came I didn't want to eat the cooked veggies, so I was always the last one at the table because I had to finish my plate I even spit the peas in the trash can, on top mind you where it was obvious so then I got in trouble..
That's really cute bonchic! I really love my veggies raw too Something about eating food in it's most natural state is just really appealing! Plus no cooking = less preparation time! That has to be a plus!

30-08-2006
backstage pass

^ yeah, but that's only if you're gonna eat salads all the time no? I've spoken to a former very strict raw-foodist, who said that being a raw-foodist was incredibly time consuming, and only worked for her for a limited number of years, and definately not after she had children. For certain dishes it requires soaking seeds, nuts, to make them sprout overnight, finding special organic ingredients... etc. So i don't think it's that easy unless all you want to eat is salads and fruit - which probably isn't enough, since you won't be getting enough varied nutrients, and might get pretty bored of it too.
But maybe it is easier for some, and the planning might not be a hassle to all...

Edit: And of course since I haven't tried it myself (lazybones) I can only speak from an outsider perspective

Last edited by Browneyes; 30-08-2006 at 12:58 AM.
05-09-2006
backstage pass

So erm... anyone who's into it who thinks it's not such a hassle/so time-consuming? Maybe it's just a question of being really organised...? I'd love to hear some other opinions on this, since I'm really curious heh

fashion insider

To be honest I think if you want a healthy diet you HAVe to be organised whether its raw or not...I find that I eat a lot healthier when I prepare all my meals in advance otherwise every meal is 30-40 minutes of cooking and 30 minutes of cleaning every night which is a LOT just for one meal, whereas if you do it all at once...

I guess for raw its a little more tricky just because veggies are at their best before they've been cut/prepared, and I don't think you can freeze vegetables to eat as raw, or at least I just imagine them going black and soggy as they thaw..

Even smoothies are only supposed to be kept for a maximum of 2 days so they don't lose their goodness...

06-09-2006
fashion icon

Here is a link http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=154.0 to some great raw food recipes if you get a bit stuck for new ideas sometimes like I do!

08-09-2006
trendsetter

I'd probably get ill from doing it. For some reason my body hates raw foods in overload.

08-09-2006
V.I.P.

if i was ever to go raw, i think i'd just eat nuts all day. Mmmmm.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
foods, raw