How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2007
rising star

Yes,i was vegetarian before my transition to raw vegan.

Here's a great forum that you might find helpful,the members there are very encouraging and give great advice.
http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/forum/index.php

Check out http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/rawsecrets.html to see some of the mistakes raw foodies make which might be what's causing your runny tummy,and take the health survey

03-05-2007
kem
scenester

Anybody doing a raw food diet?
Just wanted to know if anyone is doing a raw food diet? If anyone is interested we can do a challenge and document it here

03-05-2007
fashion icon

there is a discussion about a raw food diet here:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...light=raw+food

Fashionably Late

I have been trying to eat raw lately, but I am only doing it 75%. Even at that, I feel a huge difference and notice a great difference in my skin. Plus, it is so much fun trying to get creative with recipes!

08-08-2007
windowshopping

I'm not 100% raw but I have been eating more raw foods and it's great. I have more energy and clear skin. No more spending tons of money trying to find acne creams that work.

08-08-2007
Fashionably Late

Since my post above, I have gone more vegan than raw, but I do sort of wish I stuck with the raw food thing longer. I hear that the benefits are great. I just need to read up more on it to ensure that I get all the nutrients I need.

12-08-2008
V.I.P.

I really want to try, I even bought a raw food cooking book (Eat Smart Eat Raw by Kate Wood), but with my lifestyle it's pretty hard. I'm almost never home to cook for myself, so even only a week trying the raw food diet is difficult. And according that book I bought, a lot of the meals needed a dehydrator to prepare the food.

I'm vegan though and I aim to eat food as close to the natural state as possible. And now I've decided to give up white sugar.

Last edited by ivypixie; 12-08-2008 at 11:58 AM.
28-10-2009
V.I.P.

I am starting the raw food diet and it looks really good, I can't wait!!

rising star

If it works for you that's really great...personally I don't think I could do all raw, and there has been considerable negative attention based on that fact that people have died from malnutrition on the diet..but of course those are pretty isolated cases.

In a nutshell..it's not for me.

V.I.P.

^ Yeah it is pretty restrictive, but it makes my body feel a lot better and healthier. I've also seen that I lose weight faster. But I know what you're saying, there's tons of things I miss too like Pizza and pasta. I'm not a strict raw food dieter either, I cheat on things like Starbucks and Sprinkles cupcakes and that sort of thing. I could never give my Starbucks up, not for any diet!

But just to let you all know, I went to Whole Foods the other day and in the sections with the nuts they have tons of shelves dedicated to raw food goodies like the Raw-e-oes, they're their version of an oreo and although they're 100 calories PER COOKIE (ouch!) they're delicious!! And I would never think of having a real Oreo again, they're truly heaven!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats View Post

Roasted scallops, fricassee of squid, assiette of suckling pig, breast of Gressingham duck, braised halibut, vichyssoise of haddock, warm calf liver salad = good reasons not to live on a raw diet.
Calf liver and suckling pig sound like the worst foods in the world..ewwww!

backstage pass

Okay, I have a question and I have no idea where to put it or if it's been mentioned so sorry

Is it less beneficial to blend (or juice) vegetables/fruits together and consume them that way as opposed to eating them whole? Do you still get all the nutrients if you do?

Last edited by Sav_; 15-11-2009 at 04:43 AM.
15-11-2009
V.I.P.

^ I heard juicing is better, but that was just one person's opinion. I'm not sure about that, it's a good question!

tfs star

Since I am a vegetarian I eat a lot of raw foods but I don't think I could do it 100%, although hopefully someday I will have enough willpower to attempt it.

04-12-2009
scenester

Eating mostly raw and it's helped a ton with my skin, mood, and not eating refined sugar. I think the only thing holding me back from going 100% is I dislike extremes, however if I keep feeling this good I might commit completely. In the mean time I'm just eating things I know I won't over eat/binge on (fresh whole grain bread for veggie sandwiches, vegan soups, etc).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
foods, raw