How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2008
windowshopping

Skin reaction to exfoliation
I had a terrible scare recently! I do home facials on myself every week and as a result my skin looks great and I get lots of compliments. Two weeks ago I had an extra day off and did 2 facials that week exfoilating masking the whole works. The second one I did Sunday afternoon.Monday morning I woke up and looked like I had been in a car accident! My undereye area was swollen with huge purple bruises and broken blood vessels! I told everyone at work I had run into a door as I didnt want to seem vain. No amount of makeup would cover it. This has lasted two weeks only starting to fade within the last couple of days so that makeup will cover it. I was so afraid I had done permanent damage to myself and it would never go away.Now I can see that it is improving and will eventually go away. Thank God! I dont know what happened! I was using all my regular products that I love but I guess twice in one week was too much for the eye area.Has this ever happened to anyone else and were you as terrified as I was! I was even too scared to go to the Dr. and also risk looking foolish and vain.Thank
God it turned out all right!

Last edited by Carmondie; 16-05-2008 at 06:40 AM.

16-05-2008
In Bloom

You're not supposed to exfoliate the eye-area Not ever! The skin is so delicate, you shouldn't use anything not made specifically for the eye area.

we were in love

16-05-2008
V.I.P.

Yeah, the eye area, the eyelids, is where your skin is the thinnest on your body. Thickest is our palms and feet. That almost sounds so awful you really should have gone in and gotten on some antibiotics....please be careful!

18-05-2008
windowshopping

What we do for beauty! Throw caution and sensibility to the wind. You can bet Ive learned from my experience and scare!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
exfoliation, overzealous, remedies