How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-08-2011
fashion elite

I swear by castor oil. I overplucked my eyebrows as a teen and must have damaged the root because they never grew back (except of course where I didnt want them to!) Ive tried a few so-called wonder products but never had any luck with them whatsoever.
I started using castor oil for cleansing a few months back and I have noticed that my brows were starting to look much fuller and there are hairs growing where they have been bald for years.
OK so I dont have brows to rival Brook Shield but hand on heart my brows are looking the best they have for years.

At night i use a q tip and dip it in castor oil and apply it to my brows and sleep with it on over night.

15-01-2012
rising star

Remedies for sparse eyebrows...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEXYchiquita View Post
I'm an Asian female with incredibly sparse eyebrows. I have to brush them in everyday for them to even be visible and it's such a hassle becaues they virtually disappear in direct sunlight/pictures/water.
Have you always had sparse eyebrows or is it a result of overplucking? If it is the latter, then you can use castor oil or Anatstasia's eyebrow gel (sephora.com). It worked wonders for me. I have had really bad experience with slightly uneven eyebrows and my left eyebrow became sparse and unshapely. The breaking point was when the lady gave me Amber Heard on one eye and Cameron Diaz on the other one. I was infuriated and had to cover it up with bangs and brow powder. It took me almost 3 months to grow the hair back and towards the end of the last month, I purchased the brow gel from Sephora and now both my eyebrows are even. They are as thick as Snejana Onopka's, but since my hair is darker they look thicker than hers. I only pluck a few stray hairs but the shape is au natural.

Quote:
In this month's issue of Allure, there was a tip about applying Men's Extra Strength Rogaine with a Q-Tip to sparse eyebrows. What do you think?
I would advise against it. You will have to use it for the rest of your life because once you stop, your eyebrows will go back to being sparse.

rising star

when i was young i had lovely thick eyebrows, which i thought were extremely uncool at the time. Back then the ultra thin eyebrows were in. So when i turned 16 my mom gave me free rain, so away i plucked. About 4 years ago i started to really look in the mirror and thought i'd look a bit better if i had thicker eyebrows and so for all this time ive been growing them with no luck. My eyebrow hairs a quite thick, almost wirey like but will just not grow back. Im tempted to get them tattood on. But so scared that they make a mess of them and then im stuck with them. Gonna go get some caster oil and hopefully this works. *fingers crossed*

scenester

You can purchase an eyebrow growth and volumizing serum!

19-02-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by matryoshkadoll View Post
The breaking point was when the lady gave me Amber Heard on one eye and Cameron Diaz on the other one.
This has happened to me too. UGH.

19-02-2012
windowshopping

Castor Oil! Works wonders

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
eyebrows, remedies, sparse