How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-03-2007
rock-chic

Currently using Rimmel Stay Matte foundation & its OK, though I prefer Lancome. Thought I'd try a chap one to see how it compared.
I always use Rimmel Soft Kohl pencil - its my all time fave.

31-03-2007
tfs star

I don't like Rimmel mascaras, eyeshadows, foundations...

Last edited by aadina; 31-03-2007 at 03:25 PM.
31-03-2007
tfs star

Yet, I have to say that I like Rimmel lipliners and concealers.

Last edited by aadina; 31-03-2007 at 03:26 PM.
31-03-2007
V.I.P.

I love the moisture lipstick in the Diva Red color & the lip liner Diva Red. The lip liner also matches perfectly to my Mac Ruby Woo lipstick so I love that too.

31-03-2007
trendsetter

the only rimmel thing I have ever used was the matte mousse foundation. waste of money. crappy. don't ask, I'll end up crying if you do

scenester

I tried that, didn't care for it. Generic Maybelline did better for me. I use XXL Maybelline now and it's far better than Rimmel. Rimmel does have some good stuff though.

16-06-2011
don't look down

"Kate Moss, who has been modelling for Rimmel for ten years, has now created her own range of make-up" (dailymail.co.uk / catwalkqueen.tv):

Quote:
She rose to the top of the modelling industry and collaborated with Topshop on 14 sell-out collections. But not content with a fashion icon status, Kate Moss has now moved on to conquering the beauty industry.

Kate unveiled her own range of make-up for cosmetics brand Rimmel London.

Featuring six lipstick colours, including her signature red shade, and a selection of eyeshadows, the 'Kate effect' will no doubt ensure the line is a massive hit. The products also come with a leopard print rhinestone pouch.

The model celebrated Rimmel London's tenth anniversary last month after shooting a campaign from a helicopter in her hometown of Croydon.

It's been a busy year for Kate as she is set to marry fiance Jamie Hince next month. But will she be using her own make-up on the big day?

The collection will hit stores in October 2011.

V.I.P.

i think its a great idea. rimmel needed to better leverage kate. i think they were basically throwing her away before, as it were. ie the ads were bad and poorly photographed. they need to make the ads look less fake.

In Bloom

Their cream eye shadow is crap. What a waste of money. I think their lip products are OK. I find their eye shadows a bit chalky and not very pigmented.

we were in love

16-06-2011
don't look down

I bought three different Rimmel multi-tonal blush compacts to see which colour would suit me best, and then my plan was to upgrade to getting the chosen shade from a premium brand - but I've been happy enough with the Rimmel ones so far (goodtoknow.com):

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Their cream eye shadow is crap. What a waste of money. I think their lip products are OK. I find their eye shadows a bit chalky and not very pigmented.
the mousse eyeshadows they do are excellent...they don't budge. they are like a mixture between the laura mercier paints and the new mac cream shadows.

24-06-2011
V.I.P.

I don't think I've ever been disappointed with any Rimmel products. And I've tried a hell lot of them Their nail polishes are amazing, they have the best brush, dry quickly and last forever. Just wish there was a bigger selection of colors (just bought some really nice ones from the new collection).
I love the eyeliners, mascaras and the eye shadows!! I've always thought their cream eye shadow was much better than that of most other brands actually. IMO Rimmel is quite underrated. A lot of my friends don't even know it even though it's available everywhere.

24-06-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifa View Post
the mousse eyeshadows they do are excellent...they don't budge. they are like a mixture between the laura mercier paints and the new mac cream shadows.
Really? The one I got is IMPOSSIBLE to blend. It is too thin and dries too fast, what a waste of money. I've tried everything - fingers, two blending brushes, a lay-down brush. Nothing works. It's probably the worst and most useless product I own. Am sticking to Shiseido cream eyeshadows, they do not budge and they are easy to blend.

we were in love

23-07-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I don't think I've ever been disappointed with any Rimmel products. And I've tried a hell lot of them Their nail polishes are amazing, they have the best brush, dry quickly and last forever. Just wish there was a bigger selection of colors (just bought some really nice ones from the new collection).
I love the eyeliners, mascaras and the eye shadows!! I've always thought their cream eye shadow was much better than that of most other brands actually. IMO Rimmel is quite underrated. A lot of my friends don't even know it even though it's available everywhere.
agreed re nail polishes.

i like their exaggerate liquid eye liner and kohl pencil. i've only ever tried one eyeshadow but it wasn't too bad either, reasonably easy to blend. however, their range of colours in lipsticks just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

front row

The Extra Super Lash mascara is pretty good, and cheap! And my mom likes the eye pencils and lip glosses (although they keep discontinuing her favorites!)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, rimmel, thread