How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2011
fashion elite

i think my favourite rimmel product has to be the nailpolishes. I have tried their eyeshadows and its okay. I need a new bronzer as my Guerlain one broke, has anyone ever tried Rimmel's one? I may need a budget substitute for the time being

24-07-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeistiffanyblu View Post
i think my favourite rimmel product has to be the nailpolishes. I have tried their eyeshadows and its okay. I need a new bronzer as my Guerlain one broke, has anyone ever tried Rimmel's one? I may need a budget substitute for the time being
Then I would suggest you the Bourjois chocolate one... It's a really good bronzer, not a dirty colour, quite matte. It's as good as my YSL one. I don't own the Rimmel bronzer but I've heard it's very shimmery. I personally like my bronzer matte or with a soft sheen.

27-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelnumber5 View Post
what would u guys say is the best rimmel mascara?
I love the Rimmel mascaras and I've tried a lot of them. The only one I didn't like was the Eye Magnifier which doesn't even appear on the website. My problem with it was how clumpy and dried out it was, which makes me think that the product was old, especially since it was on discount and it seems like they've discontinued it.

I tried both of the Glam Eyes and I LOVE them. They're perfect separators and lentheners for your lashes, they remind me of Chanel Inimitable.

I thought Volume Flash was nice too, and very lengthening, but not as nice as Glam Eyes in separation and it dried out much faster as well.

I used to use one called Lash Maxxx that has a comb-like brush that was good for length and volume but that seems to be discontinued as well.

I used Sexy Curves in the past in combination with my Lancome Definicils since I hated that Lancome mascara. I remember it really improved on the Definicils (which was watery and had no definition or curl), so I bought a new tube which I'll start using once I'm done with my tube of Maybelline Define-A-Lash (which is nice but I only bought it because there was no Rimmel in sight in Turkey). So I'll report back on that eventually I guess!

Last edited by 99 Apples; 27-07-2011 at 04:57 PM.
30-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
Then I would suggest you the Bourjois chocolate one... It's a really good bronzer, not a dirty colour, quite matte. It's as good as my YSL one. I don't own the Rimmel bronzer but I've heard it's very shimmery. I personally like my bronzer matte or with a soft sheen.
thanks so much for the suggestion! I think I may get the bourjouis one now and then I'm travelling next week so splurge on my guerlain usual then at the airport...

front row

The price of Rimmel in the USA is craazy. Mascara for $3? Lipstick for $5. I bought lipstick from Rimmel today and it was $21.50 Australia (almost $24 usd!). It's really off putting to buy from these brands when you realise how much they are ripping you off.

02-08-2011
In Bloom

^That is insane. Rimmel is just not worth that amount of money.

we were in love

02-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by risska View Post
The price of Rimmel in the USA is craazy. Mascara for $3? Lipstick for $5. I bought lipstick from Rimmel today and it was $21.50 Australia (almost $24 usd!). It's really off putting to buy from these brands when you realise how much they are ripping you off.
Ugh, that's what I hate about living in Australia. I totally agree. I especially hate it when brands like MAC get the prices bumped up over here - I mean, they're not the cheapest products even in the USA.

02-08-2011
tfs star

Stay matte foundations are quite good! Cheap and great for everyday use, I wear mine just on top of moisturizer. Looks great!

03-08-2011
backstage pass

Reporting back, the Sexy Curves mascara is awesome and might replace Glam Eyes lash flirt as my favorite. it's lengthening and volumizing and it really does create a curl. I never curl my lashes because I'm afraid of damaging them and this mascara actually gives me a curl without one.

it's like the ceap drugstore bastard child of Dior Iconic... finds like these make me want to just give up trying department store mascara (like the last one I tried, f*cking Clinique).

fashion insider

One product from Rimmel that I adore is the 006 Pink Blush lipstick from their Lasting Finish Intense Wear Lipstick. I would describe it as a kind of Barbie pink lipstick with a satin finish.
The scent of the lipstick is wonderful.

01-10-2011
fashion insider

I like Rimmel 60 seconds nail polishes. One of my favorite Sky high shade

11-10-2011
V.I.P.

Has anybody tried he Kate lipsticks yet?

fashion insider

I just bought the lipstick 014 Sweetie from the Lasting Finish line. I was a bit dissapointed.
It was described as a pink but I think it is more red. But it is still beautiful.

17-06-2012
rising star

One of my pals uses the Glameyes mascara, and her eyelashes always look amazing...but then she's got the most amzing eyes anyway.
I have used the Kate Moss lasting finish lipsticks and I like them a lot- they do last well, but dont look like paint, and I have 3 colours that I like on the go!
I have also used their 60 second nail polishs,they are easy to use, great brush and last well. lovely colours too!

17-06-2012
backstage pass

I like their bronzers for my makeup kit. I use them on myself and clients. They're matte and great for contouring on men and women.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, rimmel, thread