How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-05-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
And now I like my round face, not all women can pull of the diva-glam look,instead, I try the lolita-naif look and my round face fits this look.
^ I also have a round asian face with apple cheeks, and find that the lolita-naif make-up look works best for my face as well. The look is so simple and takes no time at all. I accomplish this by trying to make my eyes look very large (light shadow, dark eyeliner and lots of mascara), a pop of red or pink on the lips, and just a hint of blush. Think of the makeup on a doll's face. Also, having a good haircut helps. I told my hairstylist that I wanted to de-emphasize the roundness of my face, and I regret asking him to do this. The cut he gave me was good, but I think I look more attractive when my hair emphasizes the roundness of my face . Also, I think it's not necesarily true that round-faced individuals can't pull off blunt fringe and bob haircuts. I think a blunt fringe on a round-faced person who emphasizes the lips with a gorgeous shade of lipstick is stunning.

Kirsten Dunst, Gemma Ward, and Christina Ricci serve as great round-faced celeb inspirations.

02-06-2007
front row

I think Rachael Leigh Cook is another good celebrity for 'round-ish face' inspiration
Actually, she's probably between round and heart shaped -but she definately has a wide/broad face and I think she looks gorgeous with it! She's really beautiful

I think Rachael looks best with bob style haircuts
If you're uncomftable with your face shape, I think you should check out some of Rachael's haircuts (they make her face appear slimmer but at the same time accentuate her lovely round apple cheeks which only round/heart shaped faces have)

This kind of hairstyle doesn't seem to work for round faces...

source: rachael leigh cook DK

I would know too...because I also have a round-heart shaped face, and currently have growing out hair that looks like the above...AND it looks terrible Right now, I'm looking for a suitable bob hairstyle that would suit me...and I'm looking to Rachael Leigh for inspiration

02-06-2007
Fashionably Late

^ I love her. She needs to be get more exposure!

Anyway, I have a round face but it might be considered heart shaped since my chin get pointy when I smile. I like it because I think it makes me look youthful and healthy. My only complaint is having a mjaor issue figuring out how to part my hair. To me, nothing ever looks right. I am also pretty critical of myself though, so....

02-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogrl5 View Post
^ I love her. She needs to be get more exposure!

Anyway, I have a round face but it might be considered heart shaped since my chin get pointy when I smile. I like it because I think it makes me look youthful and healthy. My only complaint is having a mjaor issue figuring out how to part my hair. To me, nothing ever looks right. I am also pretty critical of myself though, so....
My EXACT same situation

03-06-2007
windowshopping

I think you should embrace the roundness of your face. You will appreciate it when you get older. It makes you look younger. I had always hated my round face and big eyes. When I was younger, I was told I looked like a Blythe doll. Now people tell me I look exotic. I guess I grew into my looks.

As far as hairstyles, you CAN do a bob look. It will bring more angle to your face. I would however stay away from bangs. I think actually a bob looks better than longer hair.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, round