How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-06-2005
windowshopping

Round face
Any tips for making a round face less so? And not with ghetto 80s blush :x Contouring usually looks so obvious. I use MAC iridescent/loose powder in golden bronze on my cheekbones to highlight them, which helps some. I've got very fair skin, near-black hair, and skin that has a tendency to turn red so I don't usually use blush at all - just MAC mineralized skinfinish in porcelain pink allover and the iridescent powder on cheekbones.

04-06-2005
rising star

I would instead utilize that near-black hair to do the contouring...
It's contrast in color to your skintone acts as a contouring frame for your face; Wear it down, or at least have longer wisps fall out when wearing it up. Of course, having long hair helps; longer the better. And eliminating any bangs of any sort would also elongate the face a lot more effectively than any make-up can do.

Or with lots of blending... if you haven't already, you can always try this technique as seen in the drawn photo (taken from http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=24879
(the 4th post):

...which may work, especially with the darker color along the nose, which makes the nose appear longer and thinner. Just remember to BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. No blush needed.

Last edited by thewannabe; 04-06-2005 at 02:56 PM.
04-06-2005
The mod squad

Sweep bronzer over temples, cheekbones and under chin using a fluffy brush.
Highlight forehead, bridge of nose, cheekbones and tip of chin with light powder.
Hope that helped

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I have a rounder face, as well. Bronzer works wonders, and a bit of highlighting gel/powder right above the cheeks makes them pop (therefore adding more dimension)

05-06-2005
The mod squad

Althought I don't have a round face,I think round faces are adorable

front row

Add some selftan. Or create the look with bronzer, like Erin said. Round face is pretty, so you just a bit creative to work on your face.

14-06-2005
front row

there is some product that beyonces make up artist came out with (my friend just bought it from some web site) and it appears to make your face look "less round". i read the little paper inside the package and she said that celebrities tell her "do that thing that you do" which is pretty much adding some sort of bronzer around the chin/nose/and forehead area. not sure if it works but that product is in back order for weeks!!!

15-06-2005
scenester

the makeup map in the posts above IS AMAZING i used it for the first time last week before going out wow it made a huge difference ive never been able to do my makeup that well

15-06-2005
V.I.P.

who's to say you can't emphasize the roundness of the face? don't you think that may be more striking?

16-06-2005
scenester

Yes that pic above is exactly what you should be doing. Also how you shape your eyebrows will have an effect on the overall appearance of your face shape. Likewise V shaped necklines, etc will lengthen your face.

17-06-2005
windowshopping

This might be a stupid question, but what do I use to shade (like that map) with?

17-06-2005
|/mirror queen\|

You use concealer is the tones that the pic shows.
To be honest, i would leave that to a pro, but if you give a try and it works, go on.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by travolta
who's to say you can't emphasize the roundness of the face? don't you think that may be more striking?
I agree, round faces can be very beautifull when done right. Most people use a ton of bronzer and blush and end up making their round face more noticeable.

But if it makes you uncomfortable get a hair cut that has strong angles around the face, it will contrast the roundness,

18-06-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by travolta
Maybe, but in the same vein, I don't know how...

16-07-2005
windowshopping

Charlize Theron has a round face, don't fight it. I have a very round face, I usually emphasize my eyes, and use a light peach blush and some bronzer.

Curious, which highlighters work best? I would prefer pressed powder.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, round