How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2010
windowshopping

Runner Thread (All About Running)
This is a thread to join all the runners together. I just started training for a 1/2 marathon at the beginning of the year. Who else out there is training for a run? Lets share tips and also just keep each other motivated!

10-02-2010
jedinečnej krásy

Great thread topic! I actually headed back to the gym in December for the first time in a long time and have been going every weekday since. If I can muster up the strength, I'm looking at running a half marathon during Labor Day Weekend of this year, and then gearing up for a marathon in 2011 (keeps fingers and shoelaces crossed).

In terms of running, I'm staying indoors (weather) and have started doing intervals on the treadmill. I ran a 10K nearly 2 years ago. And need to get my butt in gear. When it warms up, I'll probably look to treadmill it in the a.m. and then run outside in the evenings.

trendsetter

4 half marathons down, looking forward to running a full in the spring, and a half not long after.

12-02-2010
trendsetter

I used to run - I feel that it damages the knees if you are not careful

fashion elite

I used to run too-but I did both ballet and track growing up so my knees just cannot handle it anymore.I MISS IT SOOOOO MUCH! sigh

15-02-2010
windowshopping

I had a great run last Wednesday and Thursday. I find that if I run consistently that I continue to improve. I try to run 3-4 times a week. Is anyone else trying to stick to a strict running routine? I would love to have someone on here that I can report to and that can hold me accountable and vice versa...

16-02-2010
less is more

In jan '09 I decided to step it up and start running after having been a powerwalker for about 6 years. I sued the couch to 5k podcast to get into it. I probably ran about every second day for about 25-30 mins depending on my energy levels. Although, I generally can't run the whole time in one go, as I have bad knees and I am suited to sprinting, not long distance.

In late December '09, I decided to step it up again and I have started running with 1kg weights. It's bloody hard, I can tell you! But hopefully, it will be rewarding in toning my arms, burning more kjs and increasing fitness.

06-03-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post
In jan '09 I decided to step it up and start running after having been a powerwalker for about 6 years. I sued the couch to 5k podcast to get into it.e.
I just downloaded this app (Couch to 5K) and tried it for the first time today. It's a great way of getting back into running if you've let yourself become insanely unfit like I have. There are tons of positive reviews for this app on itunes and I feel like it's gonna work really well for me. I'm trying 3x a week just to see how it goes, maybe more if I can fit it in with everything else once I can run the 5k without walking intervals
Good luck everyone on your goals and well done for setting yourself challenges

Diamond

Good news fellow runners: Research is showing that running doesn't damage knees; it may even make them stronger and less prone to arthritis!

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...lp-your-knees/

Personally, I'm currently doing one-minute interval training. Just got a new pair of Mizunos that I love

~Madeleine Albright
07-03-2010
backstage pass

That's good. I didn't think it would damage the knees to be honest.

Every other morning workout, I do hill intervals at varying inclines or speed intervals (jog: 4.0 mph, run: 5.0-6.0 mph). 20 minutes of it is sufficient.

08-03-2010
trendsetter

I ran a half marathon this weekend, but dreadfully slow The marathon should be fun...

08-03-2010
yes

good job to all runners

ive been a runner my entire life,
competed in my first marathon at 18 to a 2.46 time
compete regularly in 5 and 10k runs

i love to do a fast pace run every day, usually around 10k distance with some hill intervals, the bigger the challenge the better the after effects.

tip to everybody : drink 1L of coconut water per day and you will see your run improve significantly

also i have always run in asics, either the DS trainer for racing and the gel nimbus for training

09-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ asics are my favourite !

I love running, I am more about easy running, I don´t really like fast running but easy running from 1hour to 1 and half hour is just perfect start for the day!

fashion elite

I just started running again last week,but have to make sure it's on grass because asphalt/cement is so horrible for your joints.I take breaks in the middle to stretch and gulp water.Have to make sure not to eat a banana more than 40 minutes before or else...I've been sleeping so much better :-)
I love running,especially when it's really windy like it has been lately.

09-03-2010
trendsetter

i love running and i run all year around. it just feels so good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
runner, running, thread