How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-05-2011
fashion elite

I really want to try these nail strips too but I don't know where you can even get them in the UK?Does anyone know-besides online stores? I know some brands also make just plain coloured ones, which is what I am really looking for.

03-05-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^sally hansen has some plain colored options... i think a couple metallic sort of shades and then some bright colors as well...

not sure where they are available in the UK... in the US i've been able to find them in the pharmacy but Sally Hansen is a fairly common brand around here

04-05-2011
fashion elite

Thanks ChrissyM I think they are JUST becoming known around here, I saw some in Paris a while back but didn't get them as the colours were not inspiring but I have yet to see the plain ones in store in London somewhere!

V.I.P.

How many manicures can you do with one box?
Is it just for one or can you do several?

girl who fell to earth

it's really just one... there are some extras for different potential nail sizes....
i suppose if you got a few boxes of the same one and saved the leftovers that you could get another manicure out of it somehow...
that is if you don't mess up and need the extras for that :p

10-05-2011
trendsetter

^ About how many manicures, I tried the leopard print and as I went on putting it on, I realized if I was really careful, I could use half the strip for one nail and the other end for another nail. It probably helps that my nails are very short. But if you are careful and don't tear the strips roughly, but maybe cut them in half ahead of time, you can get more than one manicure out of it. But still, at $10 a box it is way cheaper than a manicure! Also with the extras, I was thinking maybe I'd do a few leopard nails mixed in with an all black or all taupe polish on the rest of my nails, just use the leopard extras as accents.

V.I.P.

Thanks girls.

girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin View Post
^ About how many manicures, I tried the leopard print and as I went on putting it on, I realized if I was really careful, I could use half the strip for one nail and the other end for another nail. It probably helps that my nails are very short. But if you are careful and don't tear the strips roughly, but maybe cut them in half ahead of time, you can get more than one manicure out of it. But still, at $10 a box it is way cheaper than a manicure! Also with the extras, I was thinking maybe I'd do a few leopard nails mixed in with an all black or all taupe polish on the rest of my nails, just use the leopard extras as accents.
yeah cutting the strip in half if your nails are short enough (before removing the adhesive backing or whatever) is a really smart idea i think...

and using the extras as accents is another great idea...
i've seen a couple of friends do that with the leopard print pattern...
i think they did bright coral and then one leopard nail..
but i like your idea of the black or taupe

26-05-2011
backstage pass

I did the same thing...i have small, short nails, so if I cut them up I can get two uses, maybe even 3 out of the box. So far I love them...I only have tested them out on one finger, but so far so good!

V.I.P.

I saw a video about these and you can't save them after you open the box. They dry up really fast. I love the idea of accent nail, but unfortunately it does not work.

08-06-2011
backstage pass

^ omg i feel so stupid!! i didn't know that they would dry out and like i said, i only tested it out on my pinky and then put the rest back into the box. i saw your post and then checked out my strips and yup! they're all dried out!!! i completely wasted my money and they're now useless

windowshopping

I purchased the lacy version of these about a month ago. I'm a bit nervous about using them - I'll probably stuff it up. My cuticles look awful at the moment too so I'm waiting for them to look a bit better.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
effects, hansen, nail, polish, real, sally, salon, strips