How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
20-03-2011
  46
Riot Bug
 
ediewho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valencia(Spain)/London
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,787
^what about something over 30 spf!!!???

__________________
"I don't know there's a code to live by it's almost like a code to dead by" C. Robinson
  Reply With Quote
 
20-03-2011
  47
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norway/Spain
Gender: femme
Posts: 586
I´ve always had sensitive skin, but through this really cold winter my skin have become even more sensitive because of my stupidness of not using a coldcream when I´m outside in -20 degrees celsius. So I´ve been switching out my skin care routine completely and are currently using stuff from L´Occitane´s Ultra Comforting-line. I really like it, especially the cream, but I prefer foaming cleansers over cleansing-milks. Any suggestions for a foaming cleanser for sensitive skin??

__________________
Oh no
  Reply With Quote
20-03-2011
  48
front row
 
CarolineRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: anderswo
Gender: femme
Posts: 372
When my skin is really stressed or my cheeks get blushed from the heater I usually just use Jason Naturals Aloe or Tea Tree Gel - both are really nice and soothing. It also helps me to pour a little cold green tea (I always have a pitcher in my fridge to drink anyways) on a cloth and put it on my face for a few minutes.

__________________
Life is too short to die.
  Reply With Quote
22-03-2011
  49
front row
 
bluebutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
When my skin is really stressed or my cheeks get blushed from the heater I usually just use Jason Naturals Aloe or Tea Tree Gel - both are really nice and soothing. It also helps me to pour a little cold green tea (I always have a pitcher in my fridge to drink anyways) on a cloth and put it on my face for a few minutes.
Does the cold green tea work? How does it work anyway?
I have uber sensitive skin as well. My face is really prone to dryness and these red blemishes. It's so frustrating. I've been to a doctor several times and he has yet to refer me to a dermatologist. All he has given me is a steroid based topical cream. He did recommend a face lotion called Impruv though that seems to work alright.

  Reply With Quote
23-03-2011
  50
front row
 
CarolineRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: anderswo
Gender: femme
Posts: 372
Well, cold water works too, but green tea is gentler to me and makes my skin calmer. The antioxidants in green tea have anti-inflammatory effects when applied topically.

__________________
Life is too short to die.
  Reply With Quote
22-04-2011
  51
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portugal
Gender: femme
Posts: 47
I feel so frustrated with my skin. I have sensitive and super acne prone skin. I've tried eye make up and got acne pimples on my eye area, how crazy is that?!

Products used to treat acne are so harsh...and make my skin hurt so bad. My derm gave me Duac gel and after the first application (I used less than a small pea size amount for my all face, I felt so stupid applying such tiny amount) made my face hurt really bad, my skin peeled, become red and my face swolled. I kept using the product and after 2-3 weeks the side effects almost disappeared, but during the 1st week I could hardly sleep due to the pain. My acne got a lot better and I don't use it anymore (my derm recommended to keep it using 2x a week, but I hate that thing so much...).

Someone mention that Avene Cleanance and LRP Effaclar lines should be good for oily sensitive skin, they did not work for me. Avene Cleanance gel cleanser and Cleanance K made my skin burn. If I kept using them the burn sensation got worse and worse (I did not use them during the same period).
Tried LRP Effaclar soothing moisturizer, after applying it I (literally) ran to the sink to wash it off. It burned so much.

The only skincare products that I ever finished were a Neostrata lotion (in my teens when my skin wasn't that sensitive), effaclar A.I and sunscreen. I usually develop some weird reaction to a lot of skincare products and I have to stop using them. I thought that I would finish my first cleanser this year but nah...after months using the same cleanser it is starting to burn on my skin...have to change cleanser again.

My face towels and pillow cases have to be really soft and if caps or hats touch my forehead for more a couple of minutes they start to hurt my face.

This last couple of weeks my skin has being more sensitive than usual and I don't understand why. The only moment that my skin doesn't hurt is when I have sunscreen on (never heard nothing like this before...). Oh yeah, and the only sunscreens that I can use leave a white film and I can't wear foundation on top, because it gives me pimples and/or irritate my skin. How great is this?

Sometimes I just don't know what to do with my skin.

  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  52
front row
 
CarolineRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: anderswo
Gender: femme
Posts: 372
Honestly the first thing I would do is consult another derm . . . nobody's skin should cause them pain! If your doctor isn't helping you prevent it, then get another one! I don't know the medical reasons that might be behind your skin sensitivity, and I'm not going to venture into an area I don't know about, but I think you should treat your sensitivity before you bring out the harsh creams to treat the acne . . . because they could just be making it worse!

Do you need to cleanse your skin harshly? When my face is feeling sensitive I just cover with with a warm washcloth for a few minutes and wipe it off, then splash with some cold green tea. It's the ONLY thing that doesn't make my rosacea worse if it's already flared up.

The only other thing I would recommend is a pure hyaluronic acid serum, which is around $10 on sites like vitacost and iherb. Don't be scared by the word "acid", it's just the moisturizing ingredient in heavy-duty creams without the gunk and fillers. The one I use is from Now Foods, and it also has aloe in it, which calms the skin additionally. Because it's so light and simple, I've never had any irritation or breakouts from it.

__________________
Life is too short to die.
  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  53
front row
 
oceanhue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In My Skin
Gender: femme
Posts: 235
Hey guys,

I too have very sensitive skin. Normal washing detergent, lotion, oils, body wash, body sprays ALL give me a rash. So I can only use NATURAL soap or oils on my hair and skin. Trust me, if I use normal bodywash my skin feels very dry and and slightly burns. The burning sensation isn't THAT noticeable, but it's definitely different than my normal body temperature. And if I continue to use these products my skin breaks out in a rash.

Anyway.

I currently only use African black soap on my body and I use it to remove my makeup. It's a good cleanser. Here's some info about it--CLICK HERE. It's very good for any skin problems and it has helped my scars to fade significantly. I use this one. Don't mind Meko Kardashian, my friend wrote that about me, haha!

Chagrin Valley is also very good. My favorite is the Goat Milk Honey Oatmeal Soap. It's really good when your skin is super itchy and inflamed. Helped me during the cold winters of Austria.

As for a moisturizer, I make my own. I put unrefined African shea butter and EVOO in a bottle and I melt it in the shower. When I get out, I put it all over my body. It evaporates really quick and there is no smell. It fades your scars too. People always compliment me on my skin and my skin is very smooth because of this stuff.

Thought that I would help!

  Reply With Quote
23-04-2011
  54
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portugal
Gender: femme
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
Do you need to cleanse your skin harshly? When my face is feeling sensitive I just cover with with a warm washcloth for a few minutes and wipe it off, then splash with some cold green tea. It's the ONLY thing that doesn't make my rosacea worse if it's already flared up.
I didn't think that the cleanser that I was using was that harsh. I used it for about 5 months (a record for me) without a problem. I never being able to use the same cleanser for that long! I always had to alternate cleansers...or I would get breakouts and/or irritated skin. This week my skin is being so crazy that some days I can not even use warm water! I switch to a La Roche Posay Toleriane cleanser, which does not burn on my skin and I already started to get tiny bumps all over my face!
I don't use any product that contains Benzoyl Peroxide since the beginning of January. Stopped using AHAs or BHAs all over my face more than a year ago (I do use effaclar A.I.-targeted spot treatment). NEVER used BP while using AHAs or BHAs, NEVER used them everyday (since 10 years ago) or used more than one product containing them at once. Never used retinoids or vitamin C. I was using PHAs (which are gentler than AHAs and BHAs) every other day for 3 months and the only thing I felt was a very light tingling the first time I applied them (AHAs and BHAs BURN on my skin...for days!). I stopped using PHAs 3 weeks ago, tried it today on my forehead just to see what happens and I felt NOTHING! I was doing exactly the same as I did for 3 months: sunscreen in the morning, wash it off in the end of the day and a PHA product every other day at night (and no makeup).
These last weeks my skin went crazy! The only thing different in my daily routine is that I've spent hours during weekdays inside a (hot) greenhouse with a lot of plants (one of these days I just wanted to scratch and peel off my skin; the skin on my face, neck, chest and back was "burning" so much). My skin does get better on weekends...hmmm...


I also splash my face with cold green tea. It feels so cooling and nice. Good to know I am not the only one, I always felt a bit weird doing that.

  Reply With Quote
28-04-2011
  55
scenester
 
cup-of-tea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Melbourne
Gender: femme
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina777 View Post
I didn't think that the cleanser that I was using was that harsh. I used it for about 5 months (a record for me) without a problem. I never being able to use the same cleanser for that long! I always had to alternate cleansers...or I would get breakouts and/or irritated skin. This week my skin is being so crazy that some days I can not even use warm water! I switch to a La Roche Posay Toleriane cleanser, which does not burn on my skin and I already started to get tiny bumps all over my face!
I don't use any product that contains Benzoyl Peroxide since the beginning of January. Stopped using AHAs or BHAs all over my face more than a year ago (I do use effaclar A.I.-targeted spot treatment). NEVER used BP while using AHAs or BHAs, NEVER used them everyday (since 10 years ago) or used more than one product containing them at once. Never used retinoids or vitamin C. I was using PHAs (which are gentler than AHAs and BHAs) every other day for 3 months and the only thing I felt was a very light tingling the first time I applied them (AHAs and BHAs BURN on my skin...for days!). I stopped using PHAs 3 weeks ago, tried it today on my forehead just to see what happens and I felt NOTHING! I was doing exactly the same as I did for 3 months: sunscreen in the morning, wash it off in the end of the day and a PHA product every other day at night (and no makeup).
These last weeks my skin went crazy! The only thing different in my daily routine is that I've spent hours during weekdays inside a (hot) greenhouse with a lot of plants (one of these days I just wanted to scratch and peel off my skin; the skin on my face, neck, chest and back was "burning" so much). My skin does get better on weekends...hmmm...


I also splash my face with cold green tea. It feels so cooling and nice. Good to know I am not the only one, I always felt a bit weird doing that.
May be your allergic to one of the plants in the greenhouse and the hotness probably makes it worse...?

  Reply With Quote
29-04-2011
  56
fashion insider
 
ellastica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: another girl, another planet
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,059
until a few years ago i never really considered my skin to be sensitive. but now i'm very cautious.

a few years ago i had a run-in with Origins cleansing oil. my skin got uber itchy, started flaking horribly and my pores started becoming bumpy and noticeable. that was a real eye-opener. it took a few weeks for my skin to recover. i usually consulted my paula begoun books (don't go to the cosmetic counter without me) to get the scoop on products before trying but it was new at the time and i'm a sucker for cleansing oils. well turns out the essential oils (which Origins is notorious/known for) is what did my skin in.

after that skin trauma i become pretty llaissez-faire with my skin care: ocasionally washed my face and didn't really use moisturizer. but than i got 'inspired' a few weeks ago and i started using whatever random stuff i had laying around (clarins, ysl, l'occitane, juice etc brands that like to tout 'natural') and my skin freaked out: tiny raised bumps (i think my normally invisble pores became inflamed) and my skin started peeling all over. not pretty, so i just stopped all the random stuff.

currently i'm using Dessert Essence Fragrance free body lotion for my body as well as face and alba botanica sea algae scrub as a cleanser. alba is 'natural' and the desert essence is organic. my skin loves it and hasn't reacted and slowly is getting back to normal.

sensitive skin care is very tricky; even with natural and organic products freakin labeled for 'Sensitive skin' or unscented or fragrance free has done a number on my skin.

i find this site uber helpful as far as learning more about basic skin care facts, products/ingrediients to look for/avoid etc:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn-skin-care-facts.aspx

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/are-natu...your-skin.aspx

  Reply With Quote
08-06-2011
  57
Ombre Tissees de Chanel
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 31, Rue Cambon
Gender: homme
Posts: 560
I swear by products of MBR, the have the ContinueLine MED, a medical range in skincare...

Look @ www.M-B-R.de ( you only have to translate...)

__________________
want to have at home:
RENATO FERREIRA
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sensitive, skin
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.