How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2004
fashion insider

i am so simplistic with makeup ... i keep buying more and more because of my sick addiction. but that all ends up in a big makep bag in the linen closet. the stuff i wear everyday i keep on a tray on our sink....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg makeup.jpg (97.4 KB, 224 views)

05-01-2004
front row

miss purple,
I don't know what it is about MAC shadows.. I think they are fab quality for the price. And I love the colours. I have some Urban Decay boxes and individual shadows, some Elizabeth Arden.. but it always comes back to my MAC ones.

lele, I love that setup.. everything looks so neat and accessible.. you are giving me ideas I am so ready to ditch this bag. It gets messed up a few days into the work week or one night into the weekend

05-01-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by eastendsnob@Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:49 pm
miss purple,
I don't know what it is about MAC shadows.. I think they are fab quality for the price. And I love the colours. I have some Urban Decay boxes and individual shadows, some Elizabeth Arden.. but it always comes back to my MAC ones.

lele, I love that setup.. everything looks so neat and accessible.. you are giving me ideas I am so ready to ditch this bag. It gets messed up a few days into the work week or one night into the weekend
my advice would be to lay the staples out and use your big bag which looked great for all the stuff you experiment with or use for evening.... you have a great collection!

05-01-2004
fashion insider

eastendsnob.... question about something MAC... those little tubes for eyes that paint stuff. do you like it? i have been so close to getting some so many times but i am always afraid that it will look too thick....

05-01-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:55 pm
eastendsnob.... question about something MAC... those little tubes for eyes that paint stuff. do you like it? i have been so close to getting some so many times but i am always afraid that it will look too thick....
The stuff is called Paints, and it is my favorite! It goes on creamy and dries to a powder, so it doesn't crease. As for looking too thick, it really depends on the appliation, as with most makeup... as well as the colour you choose.

I mostly use paints for a very smoky eye. Graphito (a dark grey color) and Existential (a dark green) all dry to look very thick. But another color I have, Shimma (an almost metallic pinky/purple) can be applied to look very natural and fresh if applied sparingly. And it stays on all day without budging.

When Paints first came out they were released in very bold colours but recently MAC has released more neutral and natural shades. I would definitely recommend them to you.

Really, they are just like eye shadows.. but hugely pigmented because of the form they are in. And much easier to apply if you want to get very precise application, because they start off creamy. With the right brush you can literally paint on a detailed makeup look.

05-01-2004
fashion insider

thanks!!!! looking forward to trying it....

06-01-2004
front row

Today during school I was thinking about this same topic! Came here and found it already posted!

I keep my make up in a large gallon size Ziplock bag. It is ripping though, and way too full, so I am trying to come up with somewhere else to keep itm in a more organized way.

In my purse, I have pressed powder and lipgloss for touch ups. In my school locker I have a little make up bag with mascara, neautral eyeshadow with a hint of shimmer, and some sheer lipgloss.

06-01-2004
tgp
fashion elite

I bought an organizer at an office supply store (I assume it is for desk items). It is black with 4 drawers and a flip open lid on top. I use that for color items. I put essentials(eye cream, primer, foundation, powder, etc in a top bathroom drawer. Until recently I worked for Clinique and had to wear their products to work so I kept all of those in a big round bag that zipped open. I keep a small bag in my purse with touch up items in it.

07-01-2004
rising star

My MAC carrier (the biggest they have) just exploded this morning...

I also keep things in another uncountable carriers, make up bags, boxes, drawers... And I can never have enough of it...

Sofia

09-01-2004
scenester

Quote:
Originally posted by PradaP@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 6:19 pm
I don't have a habit of carrying around my makeup in a bag since I dont touch up that much

anyway at home I just keep my makeup within a clear case I got with a Calvin Klein GWP early last year

here's a pic (lid off) with some of my makeup (the pic was taken a few months ago) and its usually alot more tidier than it is in the picture
hello. hello, i'm sooooo glad that i saw all your mak-up eastendsnob, because i don't feel so guilty about my gays and bags that at the i KNEW I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT!

09-01-2004
Melody Nelson

I keep my make up on my nightstand

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by NANA@Jan 9th, 2004 - 9:53 am
hello. hello, i'm sooooo glad that i saw all your mak-up eastendsnob, because i don't feel so guilty about my gays and bags that at the i KNEW I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT!
Nobody should feel guilty about having too much makeup. There is simply no such thing!

09-01-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Jan 5th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
i am so simplistic with makeup ... i keep buying more and more because of my sick addiction. but that all ends up in a big makep bag in the linen closet. the stuff i wear everyday i keep on a tray on our sink....
ohhhhh Lele, I lOVE your ring, is that an emerald cut? Its gorgeous darling! Can u take a closer pic of it? thank you!

Oh yeah back to the subject at hand...I have six drawers full of makeup (three of those MAC) I just go to Walmart and get the little portable drawers u can put on top of the counter in the bathroom, works perfectly..

10-01-2004
scenester

lele I like the way you organised your make-up..neat

10-01-2004
V.I.P.

My list of makeup that I never wear:
Three cheap eyeshadows, green eyeliner, brown eyeliner, black eyeliner (sometimes used), a pink lipstick from my mum, blush, white face powder (?), assorted lipchaps.
(All kept neatly shoved in my cupboard)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, makeup