How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2006
backstage pass

My stuff from half a year ago, since I moved to Vienna I've added some items, have to update later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cosm.jpg (50.6 KB, 308 views)

29-03-2006
go red sox

Great thread. I wish I had a digital camera so that I could show you mine.

tfs star

oh wow you all have quality makeup. my makeup bag is a liiiiiiiiiittle shameful, i need to do some make up shopping

29-03-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious
No kidding!! I feel like I just entered a beautician's dream

Mine is arranged like a black hole, but I'll be back to share. Nice thread Hanne

EDIT** - here it is! I took some out of the top so you could see :p
I see you have Laura Marcier...is that a prep and prime for foundation? like a lotion you put on before foundation? how do you like her products? I've seen it before in sephora but isnt sure about her stuff.

30-03-2006
The mod squad

Thanks for posting the pics everyone!
So exciting to see what everyones got

I'll post a pic as soon I take a pic.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Goddess01
I see you have Laura Marcier...is that a prep and prime for foundation? like a lotion you put on before foundation? how do you like her products? I've seen it before in sephora but isnt sure about her stuff.
I LOVE Laura Mercier!! And, yep, that's a foundation primer. Similar to a lotion with a slightly different texture. I feel it helps to keep everything 'in place' over the course of the day. And I swear by her secret camouflage! I've also been really pleased with the eyeliner which comes packaged like a shadow, but you apply it with a wet brush. Won't budge. Great

Here's a link to the LM thread for some other opinions I should add to it :p
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...=Laura+Mercier

30-03-2006
boop

Eee! The second my camera charges i'm going to show my lil makeup drawer I love all the pictures! Ya'll have such good taste and Hanne we've got quite a few products in common.

ambidextrous how do you like La Mer and T. LeClerc powders? I've been dying to try both!

30-03-2006
Power to the 99%

Well, I've got makeup in a few places ... I keep my lipsticks in my purse. (Well, I also keep a basket of extra lipsticks next to where I keep my purse at home. Some of my bags are too small for the whole collection so I started keeping only current ones in my bag.) In the bathroom I keep my cleanser & scrub on the tub ledge, everything that goes on my face (foundation, concealer, creams, blushes) in one basket, current eyeshadow and liner in another basket, and brushes, mascaras, lip liners, glosses, brow fix, etc. in a brushed stainless steel pencil cup. I also have a lip palette where I keep all my lipstick ends and I use this in the morning if I don't have a gloss in the color I'm wearing that day. I also keep extra makeup that I'm not currently wearing, plus my stockpile of MAC blot powder and such, in my linen closet.

In my purse:

MAC O
MAC Skew
MAC Plum Dandy
MAC Fresh Moroccan
MAC New York Apple (my spring color)
MAC Tortilla Tan
Guerlain KISSKISS Excessif Pink

31-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx
Eee! The second my camera charges i'm going to show my lil makeup drawer I love all the pictures! Ya'll have such good taste and Hanne we've got quite a few products in common.

ambidextrous how do you like La Mer and T. LeClerc powders? I've been dying to try both!
the La Mer now contains eyeshadow when I used it I had pretty bad skin (blemished, oily), i applied it over night and the next morning the redness would be gone and my skin very soft. however it didn't prevent other blemishes to come, but also didn't induce more. since I didn't had wrinkles at that time (mut have been 5 years ago) I'm not really the typical la mer user I guess and since I'm still young I don't think the price is justified for the outcome, if you want better opinions go to www.makeupalley.com

one of the LeClercs is a compact foundation: very good coverage, but can be mask like, too heavy. the other one is the loose powder in banane argentée, thus contains a lot of silver shimmer particles. it's nice for pics, makes skin look really velvety and somehow glowing, but the shimmer is too much for everyday use/real life/sunlight. nevertheless, I think the regular banane powder would be nice for everyday.

the best powder so far is Armani Silk Powder Foundation, it's supposed to be a compact foundation: the coverage is near zero... BUT it's so finely milled it really improves my skin texture optically I just don't like the price tag considering the amount you get and the fact that you hit pan really fast...

31-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

ambidextrous I love that your collection is so colourful..I'm always so hesitant of adding colour..

31-03-2006
boop

Yay my camera charged! Please ignore the fact that my room is a mess. If you look closely in the 2nd photo you can see some of my cds and judge my music taste questionable. There's more stuff actually but its in my traincase. You can't really see the colors in these photos but I can open up the pallates later or something.

Attachment 175135

Attachment 175136

Last edited by Luxx; 02-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.
31-03-2006
Storm & Sommer

Yauuusa! That's a lot of MAC / Nars ! I take it you're a regular at your local MAC and Nars boot too ?

31-03-2006
backstage pass

Luxx, I am so jealous of your collection!!!

I shall post my meager collection soon.

01-04-2006
rising star

Here's my traincase...someday, i'll take out everything and take another pix of it...right now too lazy to organize it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 014.jpg (234.3 KB, 151 views)

The mod squad

Everyone has so much make up, I don't even have half of that hahaha

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, makeup