How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-12-2009
trendsetter

Mineral oil will not clog your pores, if that's what you're wondering. I find cleansers that have oils in them better for the skin since it isn't as drying as oil-free cleansers.

27-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
^You must try them! They are cleansers after all, so they go off your face very fast. There isn't that whole mineral oil "film" leftover too! Did you get the Cleansing Beauty Oil A/I or A/O? A/O is most popular in the States apparently. I am dying to try the A/I because it has the best packaging... But I should finish up my current oils first
I'm guilty of buying products just so I can get the latest packagings that are limited edition.

27-12-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Mineral oil will not clog your pores, if that's what you're wondering. I find cleansers that have oils in them better for the skin since it isn't as drying as oil-free cleansers.
It has been known, though, to clog some people's pores, and for awhile, about a year and a half ago I used a serum/toner that gave me a nasty cyst that didnt go away for over a month, it was definitely this serum that did it, and without looking at ingredients like a fool I just was like, 'oh La Prairie, no worries' and bought it, and looked at ingredients later, mineral oil right there in first five ingredients.

So that's why I am always leery of it. I do know that many oils are beneficial for all skin types, even oily, I have an aesthetician license (even in school they discuss how mineral oil is pore-clogging, right up there with petroleum jelly/mineral oil both clog pores on some individuals)

I however have a cream that I on occasion will use that has mineral oil in it (its been reformulated which irks me off because La Prairie never used something as cheap as mineral oil--seriously, its the cheapest ingredient, CHEAPEST OIL on the market, there's no need for it in ingredients) and I do not seem to break out, so the La Prairie serum was the culprit for sure. Sorry La Prairie. Still love u.

I'm going to use one of the Shu Uemure oils tonight first just like I would precleanse, wet it for lather and then cleanse with La Prairie.

27-12-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Did you get the Cleansing Beauty Oil A/I or A/O? A/O is most popular in the States apparently. I am dying to try the A/I because it has the best packaging...
the A/I. Do you know more about it? The packaging even for a sample is very nice.

28-12-2009
THE STRANGER

^The A/I is the most popular choice for dry skin! It will leave your skin feeling very soft without the annoying mineral oil film. I think it's because of the lather. The makeup removing power isn't as good as the other oils though, but that's not something you have to worry about. The A/I packaging is actually very different from the other oils. It looks very matte - love it! Do tell me how you like it!

wmagazine.com

In Bloom

I think that it doesn't really matter that there is mineral oil in the cleanser...it doesn't sit on your skin for very long, it shouldn't have that much of an effect?

we were in love

28-12-2009
V.I.P.

^^Good point. I just am overly cautious and obsessive-compulsive, think too much into things.
I will use this later today after I come back from my run, let you know how it worked out.

28-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I think that it doesn't really matter that there is mineral oil in the cleanser...it doesn't sit on your skin for very long, it shouldn't have that much of an effect?
Agreed. And it also helps prevent over drying of the skin. And over drying of the skin leads to over production of oil which leads to pimples. So if pimples is what you're worried about, then most cleansers that don't contain the right moisturizers or are harsh can actually do more harm than help.

Most Shu Uemura cleansing oils I've used haven't been really harsh so they're a very safe bet for a good daily cleanser.

28-12-2009
V.I.P.

I'm not worried about pimples, I never get them, and the cleansers I use have good ingredients...I'm firm in my stance though that mineral oil is a useless ingredient to put in products, but as long as it doesnt react on my skin, I'll use it if there are amazing benefits to be had from usage of the product. In my case I'll only use a cleansing oil to remove sunscreen.

29-12-2009
V.I.P.

My debate on mineral oil and other bad skincare ingredients continues here: :p
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...postcount=1129

29-12-2009
THE STRANGER

^That aside, have you tried the cleansers yet? :p

THE STRANGER

I got a sample of the Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I... I don't really like it. I think it is very mediocre compared to the other cleansing oils. It took two gos to remove my waterproof makeup, and even after the second go there were still bits of mascara hanging here and there. (It usually takes one go with my Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh.) It also seems to leave a layer of almost thick grease on your face afterwards... Ew. What a disappointment - the packaging really is gorgeous.

V.I.P.

Oh great. I havent used any of the oil cleansers yet but I hope I dont get the same feeling from the A/I as you...then, I'm not removing any makeup though.

30-12-2009
THE STRANGER

^I hope so too. What other samples did you receive? What color were the bottles? If you got a pink one, you're in luck

V.I.P.

I didnt see the bottles while samples were being made, but I told the SA I had sensitive skin, and she said, 'Oh I know which one I'll make for you' and then she just put an 'S' on the bottom of the sample....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shu, skincare, uemura