How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2009
THE STRANGER

Shu Uemura Skincare
Did a search and couldn't find a thread for this. I have heard wonderful things about Shu Uemura products.

I want to try the Depsea Water Facial Mist. It comes in so many different scents, but the most promising one is probably the fragrance-free one. Has anybody tried any of the facial mists?

shopcrazy

Their cleansing oils are fantastic too!

wonderfulwortelworld@wordpress

08-12-2009
trendsetter

Shu Uemura products are wonderful. They are, too me, on par with Shiseido in terms of price/quality.

I don't know about their mists, but their oils are fantastic.

08-12-2009
THE STRANGER

^I think Shu Uemura beats Shiseido when it comes to packaging

Which oils have you tried?

08-12-2009
trendsetter

^ the enriched moyoco anno cleansing oil. lol.

i was using it when i went ice skiing and my skin was literally peeling from the low humidity.

08-12-2009
THE STRANGER

^That oil looks fantastic! I've never tried any of the limited edition ones

08-12-2009
rising star

I'm using the cleansing oil right now and I'm very impressed. It's perfect for taking off my eye make-up. That's the only one I've tried out of the shu skincare. But their foundation is my Holy Grail.

THE STRANGER

^Which cleansing oil are you using? I'm thinking of trying out some other cleansing oils after I'm done with my current bottle. I don't know if I should try Shu Uemura or Dermalogica though. And I agree, Shu Uemura foundations are fantastic.

rising star

The cleansing beauty oil - the one with all the antioxidants. My mom got it for me. I'm afraid it will break me out though, but I've been using it for about a week and no break outs yet. It's a bit expensive so I probably won't repurchase it when I'm done.

rising star

I currently use the deepsea mist in Rose. Its lovely, smells wonderful. Not sure if it actually has any effect tho, but it makes my moisturizer go on more smoothly. And its great for pick-ups during the day, if you feel dry

THE STRANGER

^Oh thank you! I love the packaging color of the rose mist. I guess it's just one of those refreshing toners that won't really do anything for your skin? Now I want to get it in fragrance-free and rose. :p

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've not used their skincare but oh my goodness, the Pleasure of Japanese Bath in Sakura is the most beautiful product ever! If only I could buy it here in Australia I ordered two bottles while I was in the USA but I'm struggling to get it to last!

THE STRANGER

^That still counts as skincare! And can you use it as a casual shower gel too? I'm reading about it now and it looks fantastic!

In Bloom

I the Brightening Cleansing Oil that a special someone sent me

I've been using it for two weeks (I think), and it has done some very nice things for my complexion! I love how it lathers, esp compared to Dermalogica Precleanse. The packaging is much more handy as well. I only cleanse with this oil, I don't exfoliate at all these days, but I tell you that this is super yummy. MUCH better than Precleanse, and much faster to use.

I don't get breakouts (but then again, why would I? There's nothing in it that can make me break out) and I hardly need any concealer on my usual red areas.

This stuff has a thicker consistency than Precleanse, and it is no fun getting this in your eyes if you have contacts! I close my eyes really tightly and I avoid getting product in my eyes most of the time

we were in love

10-12-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyed View Post
^That still counts as skincare! And can you use it as a casual shower gel too? I'm reading about it now and it looks fantastic!
I've not tried it in the shower yet... I want to pour it all over me though, it smells so delicious!

THE STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
I the Brightening Cleansing Oil that a special someone sent me

I've been using it for two weeks (I think), and it has done some very nice things for my complexion! I love how it lathers, esp compared to Dermalogica Precleanse. The packaging is much more handy as well. I only cleanse with this oil, I don't exfoliate at all these days, but I tell you that this is super yummy. MUCH better than Precleanse, and much faster to use.

I don't get breakouts (but then again, why would I? There's nothing in it that can make me break out) and I hardly need any concealer on my usual red areas.

This stuff has a thicker consistency than Precleanse, and it is no fun getting this in your eyes if you have contacts! I close my eyes really tightly and I avoid getting product in my eyes most of the time
I'm so glad you like it so much! In that case, I won't bother with trying Precleanse. There are still so many Shu Uemura oils that I want to try out too!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shu, skincare, uemura