How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2005
urd
tfs star

Skiing
UK Elle declares that skiing is a hot thing to do in 2005. I'm not quite convinsed, I hate skiing. Do you guys ski?

08-01-2005
crossed wires.

I have never been skiing but would sooo love to!!! i think i would prefer snowboarding though

08-01-2005
tea time

^^^ i'd love to go snowboarding

although i have no sense of balance so i'd prods come back black and blue

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
08-01-2005
tfs star

I'll chime in on this one... I love going down the slopes on skis, boarding or even the occasional ski bike. I think snow bunnys are deliciously cute regardless if I see them tearing up the slopes or just having a drink near the fire apres skis.

Seriously there is nothing like a good day of skiing, apres ski, hot tubbing, a fine dinner and going out dancing...

I was in Aspen last month and you can count on skiing to cost you at least $125 per day (lift ticket and ski rentals) so if you are not very adventurous and dont like the cold, just stay in town and go shopping... Then around 2:30 go to the bar at the bottom of the slopes and enjoy a beverage by the fireplace.

Of course I think most all extreme sports are hot if that is what you are passionate about. Surfing, scuba diving, snowmobiling, sky diving, etc... How can someone not look hot that just had a major workout doing something they love that happens to be challenging and adventurous?

Last edited by Andy R; 08-01-2005 at 09:28 AM.
08-01-2005
V.I.P.

I adore skiing, it's one of the few sports that I can actually half succeed at. We went over the winter holiday with my family, it's sort of a yearly treat for us... It's was amazing, to go flying down, and to actually know what I'm doing. I didn't fall once either. I really like that it can be independant as well as with others and that it's not so organised that you feel like you're doing sports at all. I only wish could go more often, but it ends up being pretty expensive in the end. I've decided though, that when I'm "grown-up," I'm going to save my money and buy myself a proper ski set, and go whenever I can.

08-01-2005
backstage pass

I dislike skiing. I don't like the cold, and the fact that you're on such a high risk of bone fractures and scary stuff like that

windowshopping

I dont ski- but I LOVE Snowboarding!! I have been riding for 8 years now and i think it is the funnest thing ever. I will even go by myslef.. Not to mention it is a great workout! I read you burn 400 cal a hour..

It was not easy to learn and the weather is hard to get used to but i swear once you get good at it your hooked- oh and there is so meny hot men on the mountian

I live in So CAL. so I have been every where local, mammoth mtn is great.. I have also been to Whistler/Blackcomb as well as Snowbird and Powder mtn. in UT. FYI- it is an very expensive sport.. But if you have a chance chekc out Whistler it is amazing!!

misschloe

I hate skiing and snowboarding even though they are very popular over here.

09-01-2005
urd
tfs star

Seriously, this kind of skiing or down hill skiing? I was traumatised at school, when I was forced to ski.

09-01-2005
front row

I snowboard every winter whenever I can find the time...Not on ski resorts, I dont like prepared sloapes...I usually try to find a place to board where nobody has been before me:p

10-01-2005
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaG
I dislike skiing. I don't like the cold, and the fact that you're on such a high risk of bone fractures and scary stuff like that
i know some one who went on a ski trip with the school and ski'd right into the side of the first aid building! how ironic he had to be airlifted out!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
31-10-2005
backstage pass

Skiing? Too many yuppies in tight one piece snowsuits. Just not my style.

I snowboard all season. Gotta pick up my snowpass ASAP. Anyone wanna go boarding?

31-10-2005
V.I.P.

SNOWBOARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh my god I CANNOT wait to go snowboarding again!!!

05-11-2005
trendsetter

Do you mean cross country skiing? Or downhill skiing? One winter I went cross crountry skiing on a 12 km trail once every week and it's a hell of a workout. I like downhill skiing as well though but I haven't been for like 2 years..

05-11-2005
front row

I used to live in New Hampshire. Winter there is so long that you pretty much have to ski, otherwise you'll be shut up inside for six months.

I'm very uncoordinated and afraid of heights. So I view it as a personal triumph every time I get down the mountain in one piece. I'm never, ever cold on the mountain. Fear generates tremendous amounts of heat!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
skiing