How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
You sound like you have the same type of complexion as my sis!

Her freckles have diminished after she started using SKII's Whitening source (I sound like a broken record, don't I?) and sunblock.
So maybe you'll like to try that out...
I second that! I've been using SKII regularly for about a month now and apparently my skin is much paler and my blemishes (freckles) not so noticeable. Ummm...I also just moved to SE England and the weather here isn't so awesome but SKII helped the most I think

06-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylephox
I second that! I've been using SKII regularly for about a month now and apparently my skin is much paler and my blemishes (freckles) not so noticeable. Ummm...I also just moved to SE England and the weather here isn't so awesome but SKII helped the most I think
Hmm. Interesting. I've always (well, for quite awhile now) suspected that just being in a colder, non-sunny climate made me pale out pretty fast (like even if I'd been using sunscreen/block in the hotter, sunnier climate). Wonder if there's some internal cue the body picks up and downregulates melatonin production in conjunction with, or something. (Of course one thing is that a person can be less flushed and red when out of a hotter climate.)

07-11-2005
tfs star

cbcb,sunlight stimulates melanin production,so it follows that less is produced when you move to a less sunny climate.

In my case significantly less.I actually become reflective in midwinter.But i tan easily,and when i go on my summer holidays I get brown despite factor 30 everywhere.

I like it both ways I have several shades of foundation and other make-up that I specifically wear in certain seasons or at certain stages of light- or darkness.

07-11-2005
front row

I'm pale, and the Dior Snow line gives my skin a wonderful glow

01-02-2006
fashion insider

I have almost the same problem exept that I'm not tanned but rather pale but want even paler skin. Maybe you could try the primer Blanc Universel from Chanel.

09-02-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegalshoe
It's funny how the grass is always greener on the other side. White girls usually want to be tan...and tan girls want to be white!

Personally, I would KILL for an olive skin complexion, I find it most attractive.
Im olive skinned and tan very easily and I am very happy with my skin color I think that everyone should be happy for what they have, every and each person is very unique!

10-02-2006
tfs star

i agree.. but i guess sometimes its easier said than done! nowadays it can be really tough for a girl (or guy) to be happy with themselves all the time.. sometimes there are good days.. and some days maybe you don't feel as confident with your looks..

nothing nobodys heard before.. but moisturizing and keeping your skin clean is key! if, when you swipe the toner on your face and see something on the cotton pad, you should wash your face again. a makeup artist friend of mine.. he's 32 now (thats the age he prefers anyhow), he started only a simple clean and moisturize regimen when he was 16. his face is amazing.. poreless, glowing all the time, even in dim light. those simple steps are what he swears by.

using a serum will also brighten your skin (i think i said this before). if you use it in the morning, you might feel like the glow is gone by late afternoon.. but long term use is very beneficial since your skin only absorbs a small amount of moisturizer, while the rest tends to stay on top or evaporate if you're in a dry climate..

ps. if you prefer still, whitening creams generally tend to be less drying than peel-off or 'paper' masks.. always follow up with a moisturizer - its one of the most important steps! and some ppl don't rbr.. but don't forget your neck needs moisturizing too

10-02-2006
The mod squad

^ What is the purpose of a serum?
What does it do? I have no idea.

tfs star

there are different kind of serums, e.g. 'anti-wrinkle serum', 'replenishing firming serum', etc. but basically, its like a booster essence. a moisturizing serum will give you serious moisture, and its usually has low viscosity and absorbs quickly. the only thing is you have to follow up with a moisturizer, bc the moisturizer will seal in everything.. hope this helps

05-03-2006
backstage pass

The clearer (that's not a word, right?) your skin is, the paler it looks. So if you want pale skin, you should focus on clearing up any pimples and grime first!

06-03-2006
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
there are different kind of serums, e.g. 'anti-wrinkle serum', 'replenishing firming serum', etc. but basically, its like a booster essence. a moisturizing serum will give you serious moisture, and its usually has low viscosity and absorbs quickly. the only thing is you have to follow up with a moisturizer, bc the moisturizer will seal in everything.. hope this helps
Thank you !

backstage pass

Ive heard stuff about licorice extract for skin whitening but I haven't tried it...

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3
07-03-2006
& b

Wait until this summer, and try Diorsnow.

Dior's coming up with a new range of products, and they'll be launched this summer, I was at Dior school yesterday and I got the handouts of all the new products and got to sample them before they come out to the market, and im thrilled to know that what's coming out is great and people will love it.

Guiding myself from my handouts, this is what's going to be out:

DIORSNOW PURE

Three exclusive technologies work together in three levels:

*Prevention: S.N.O.W.2 Complex
*Brightening: Edelweiss Complex
*Repair: JDEline technology

Then the products to come out:

This product was already out a long time ago, when Dior had a totally different presentation, and it was sold just as an UV base

Quote:
DIORSNOW PURE UV
ultra protective whitening UV base
SPF 50

*Protective makeup base and skin brightener in one

*Oil free formula that becomes clear when blended into the skin

UV base, 1.0oz $45

Quote:
DIORSNOW PURE WHITENING FOAMING CLEANSER

*Creamy, rich foaming cleanser

*Eliminates skin impurities and makeup, leaving skin perfectly clean, fresh and soft while brightens the complexion.

Foaming cleanser 110ml $30

Quote:
DIORSNOW PURE WHITENING AQUA LOTION 2- MOISTURIZING

*Moisturizing, transparent lotion

*Instantly smopothes and moisturizes the skin, enhancing the results of further skincare treatment.

*Reduces the appearance of and prevents the future formation of dark spots.

Aqua lotion 200ml $45

Quote:
DIORSNOW PURE WHITENING SKIN REPAIRING ESSENCE
(SELECT STORES ONLY)

*An intensive treatment in a ultra-light serum formula

*Evens out skintone, leaving it soft and luminous

*Brightens complexion

*Reduces the appearance and prevents future formation of dark spots

Skin repairing essence 1.7oz $85

Quote:
DIORSNOW PURE WHITENING CREME
(SELECT STORES ONLY)

*A light, fresh creme formula

*Intensely nourishes the skin, leaving it soft, supple and luminous

*Brightens the complexion

*Reduces the appearance and prevents future formation of dark spots.

Moisturizing creme 1.0oz $60
Quote:
DIORSNOW PURE UV ULTRA WHITENING SPOT CORRECTOR SPF50
(SELECT STORES ONLY)

*A concealer that camouflages skin imperfections as it brightens the skin

*A soft, tinted cream formula

*Instantly conceals imperfections

*Reduces the appearance of dark spots and prevents the foramtion of future imperfections

*Provides intense protection against the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays

Spot Corrector15ml $42

& b

damn that was a lot to type

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Loves Marc
The clearer (that's not a word, right?) your skin is, the paler it looks. So if you want pale skin, you should focus on clearing up any pimples and grime first!
What this poster said. The glow that sometimes seems like paleness (in a good way) has tons to do with having clear, not-dry, not-irritated, well-refined skin.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lightening, products, skin, whitening