How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-01-2007
& b

I love my Diorsnow, i've been using it for years before Diorsnow Pure came out.

14-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbunny79
can you show me the product u find on internet???

because whitening product (like cream, lotion, sun screen, make up base, and so on) they sell on market are not bleaches as far as I am aware of because it will be eventually worn out the skin and should cause irrtation and those bad-quality product are more prone of having heavy chemical like mercury and such.
What are you talking about? You confused "bleach" when I wrote skin lightening and now you're telling me that it isn't bleach. Yes, I know. Afterall, that is what I wrote in the first place. And it isn't a product sold on the internet, if you read my post carefully it saids method.

Last edited by kateelle; 14-01-2007 at 05:26 PM.
14-01-2007
101st monkey airborne

Over at Makeupalley.com forums, they rave about a product from the Philippines called "Maxi Peel" that contains 2, 3, or 4% hydroquinone (depending on the formula you buy) and .025% retin-A. Hydroquinone, please note, is banned in the EU and many Asian countries for possible carcinogenicity. It's also linked to a condition called ochronosis, which causes the skin to thicken and turn (actually) black. Some reports say the problems are caused by unregulated ingredients in the cremes (such as mercury compounds), combined with zealous overuse (read: all over the body for non-stop amounts of time).

The FDA in the US is considering a ban on OTC (over the counter, non-prescription) hydroquinone products. Here, you can readily buy a tube of Ambi or Black Opal brand cremes that can contain up to 2% hydroquinone. Dermatologists regularly prescribe 4% in cremes such as Triluma.

I'm currently using a 2% Ambi creme for some recent melasma that's cropped up below my eyes and on my forehead. I don't use it all over, just on the spots! I'm plently pale as it is and would be delighted to be either all brown or all pale all over--but as pasty white is still winning the field, it's easier to try and fade the darker bits.

High SPF, quality sunscreen is a must, or the dark spots will just return! As for the supposed cancer link, I'm not bathing in the stuff, just dotting it on two spots that are less than a square inch of skin.

Arbutin, from bearberry, and kojic acid, from mulberry root--also surpress melanin production, though to a lesser degree than hydroquinone. I've tried Skinceuticals Phyto+ Gel, which contains these two ingredients, to lighten my melasma, but it never did a damned thing, unfortunately. I've found in a week, the Ambi creme has lightened them considerably. You're not supposed to use hydroquinone for more than two months, though!

Last edited by mellowdrama; 14-01-2007 at 11:43 PM.
15-01-2007
101st monkey airborne

Here is an informative link:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=737014

I learned kojic acid is actually from fermented rice, not mulberry root, plus a whole lot more. Check it out!

backstage pass

how can i get rid of stretch marks and dark pigments on buttocks.
i'm too shy to get a retin A prescription from doctor

19-01-2007
trendsetter

Try lemon juice

24-01-2007
trendsetter

does dove engery glow can be consider as this kind of product?!
because it saids it brighthens your skin :s

tfs star

I don't recommend it- Dove energy glow is crap, all it does is put shimmer on your face... it's very low quality.

06-03-2007
V.I.P.

i'm using olay definity (the foaming moisturizer and the spf 15 cream) it seems to be making a difference on sun spots. id reccomend it.

i also have melasma and im prone to getting random DARK freckles.

how does one get a hold of 2% Ambi creme? prescription only?

Last edited by lucy92; 06-03-2007 at 03:22 PM.
07-03-2007
front row

Just got an email from MAC, and they've started coming out with skin whitening products as well

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/collections/collection.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY20393&AD_ID=60 979&cm_mmc=EmailMarch%207%202007_LightfulHTML_US%20STORELightful_Shop%20Now

edit:
don't know why there are smiley faces in the link? but it still works

Last edited by angela xx; 07-03-2007 at 05:05 AM.
07-03-2007
tfs star

Thanks for that Angela! that's fantastic! not sold in Aus though

07-03-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky25
I don't recommend it- Dove energy glow is crap, all it does is put shimmer on your face... it's very low quality.
thanks, u just saving me from spending 13$ CAD on something i dont really consider before....

btw how come people are all the sudden being more comfortable anout skin lightener?!?! I still remember quite sometime ago bobbi brown the first thing that Asian girls should ditch is skin whitener....

Last edited by jjbunny79; 07-03-2007 at 10:58 PM.
07-03-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateelle
What are you talking about? You confused "bleach" when I wrote skin lightening and now you're telling me that it isn't bleach. Yes, I know. Afterall, that is what I wrote in the first place. And it isn't a product sold on the internet, if you read my post carefully it saids method.
peroxide (esp H2O2) is a form of bleaching:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach

the method u said above peoplesoaking in peroxide is like same concept as people using peroxide to bleach hair it is a form of bleaching, isnt it?!?!

fashion insider

I bought Natura Bisse Oxygen Cream and I think it's doing a great job of creating an even, light skin tone. On the packaging it says it's supposed to cleanse and whiten your skin and I think it's very successful (one of the notable ingredients is peroxide).

Note: My skin is very pale to begin with so I don't know how it would work on darker skin.

Last edited by VainJane; 13-03-2007 at 09:59 PM.
02-04-2007
tfs star

I bought the Clarins White Plus over the net as it's not sold in Aus, am loving it so far but i can't see any whiteness yet..will report back!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lightening, products, skin, whitening