Skin and Winter - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
08-01-2010
windowshopping

If it's very cold outside then I use the cold cream from Weleda this is abosolutely great it smoothes my skin hoewer it might be too rich for a daily use.
I have normal to dry skin and wear the cold cream only if I am outside

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

I always get dry skin during winter but this year not so bad since I started to use almond oil on my dry spots^^ works really well..I put it on my face before I wash it in the morning and leave it there for a while..I have so good time in the mornings..also when I get home I put it on..but not if I'm wearing foundation or powder..

rising star

My face skin dried out because of the cold so I first put some Huile Prodigieuse by Nuxe, which strangely didn't do much. I've been using Avene Cold Cream the last couple of days and it's back to normal. However I wear it only when I'm at home, this stuff is too thick to add any make up on it.

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

Yeah I know..that's why I don't like using cold creams..

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^Yay, we do! Which one is the best?

I just love that DK and Sweden are so alike...

They have face creams, but I use their body lotion on my face too. It works fine! But I don't know if they have different types of body lotions?

18-01-2010
rising star

as it's been so cold here in britain, it's been the first winter that i've experienced having dry skin, bearing in mind i have oily/combination skin. it's been particularly bad around my nose/nostrils, and although most of the dryness has gone, it's still looking very red - anyone know what i can use to combat this redness?

fashion icon

it's been dry here I so keep using vitamin e on my face and also a really great lavender face cream.I also put on smashed avocado for about 15 minutes to give some natural healthy oil.

23-01-2010
trendsetter

I've started using Boots Botanics body oil - it absorbs into the skiny very well.
I use Almond Oil for my face when I can find some

front row

My skin is already dry, so you can imagine that winter only does more damage to it! I have to load up on my night cream and pay close attention to my T-Zone area (it can get really flaky and red)

My hands are another story! I swear they get so dry they hurt!

scenester

Super Dry Winter Skin Natural Options!!??
I get the DRIEST skin in the winter and I'm constantly on the hunt for a natural product that will actually keep skin moisturized throughout the day.

For reference, my favourite brand is Dr. Hauschka, but the rose day cream just doesn't cut it in winter.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've actually been using Green Beaver sunscreen because it's so heavy and locks in moisture but I'm almost out and would love to hear other suggestions!

Thanks yall!

23-12-2016
fashion elite

Eat/drink lots of healthy fat things
--------------
Each skin is different and reacts different on creams etc
Some creams make it worse

Just visit your doctor or call the doctors assistent for advice

They give you the best personal advice for your skin

If it's really bad problem for you u can ask your doctor to visit the skin dermatologist

Last edited by DutchHomme; 23-12-2016 at 10:13 PM.
24-12-2016
V.I.P.

HONEY! literally ... Just raw honey from the bees you can find in any market.

You should always drink enough water like DutchHomme said, but I have also read that extreme dryness sometimes comes from aggressive / chemical cleansing methods, if you change your cleansing ritual to a gentle/natural one, I bet your problem will improve a lot.

Pure honey it's the best cleanser / antibiotic / antibacterial / moisturizer I have tried in my life... and it's also super cheap! I've been washing my face with honey for about 5 years and never turned back to soap or fancy foams and cleansers, I never get pimples, and it's never dry after using it.

Before you get in the shower, open your pores with warm water or steam from the shower, gently dry it with a towel and apply honey to your face, enough to cover all of it and your neck, and leave it at least 15 min. or 1/2 an hour before removing it with water. I swear you'll never feel it sticky, honey perfectly dissolves with water leaving your skin so soft and nourished. Then apply your regular moisturizer, exercise, avoid extreme weather conditions, drink the water that your body asks, and eat as healthy as you can!

24-12-2016
scenester

Wow haha! I never knew honey was such a skin miracle!! I will definitely try that thanks!. And yes, I probably eat more fish than all of the eastern coast combined!! Probably don't drink enough water though...

I use a fairly gentle organic cleansing milk once a day... I just want a cream that seals my skin shut haha

If anyone knows something! Or I'll just buy the sunscreen again

24-12-2016
fashion elite

- Vinegar also works on dry skin (put it on your skin before you go to bed or else you and other people smell it)

- Cocosnut oil on your skin or put it in warm drinks like tea

Last edited by DutchHomme; 24-12-2016 at 08:57 AM.
24-12-2016
#Resist

I like Origins Plantscription overnight mask ... suggest a hydrating leave-on mask.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dry, natural, options, skin, super, winter