Skin and Winter - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
21-10-2009
Riot Bug

Skin and Winter
Any special treatments for your skin when the cold comes?

I need more face lotion to not get it dry or too sensitive skin... my nose tends to get very cold and red hehe
I also like to take care a lot more with body lotions as in summer... sometimes is like too much with the protection for the sun then... so winter its a nice time for me to use more specific products...

I feel like into rehydrate more and also keep my hands with lotions as they can get dry as well quite easily... so hands cream back at my bag... and lip moisturizing as a must too.

What about you?
Any special treatments? Brand you like more? how do you treat your skin and what does need your skin in winter?

rising star

For me it's mostly my hands that get really dry, usually normal lotion helps but oddly enough I've found that some of them can make it more dry.

I use something called Clean & Clear, it also helps with acne and general skin problems.

tfs star

Only last year I had a problem with the skin on my hands being dry no matter which lotion I used. I ended up getting myself Burt's Bee miracle salve which helped a lot.

21-10-2009
In Bloom

Hello dry and bleeding lips...or, they used to be. I just love Nuxe's Reve de Miel lip balm!

we were in love

21-10-2009
front row

Hi..., I really like Decleor rose face oil during night. A surprising texture, an aromatherapy natural skincare. After work, I came home and cleanse my face with any cleansing milk and damp cloth, then toner..., then the face oil. Massage your face a couple of minutes. I think you will see the difference on the next day..... check it on : http://www.decleor.com

Clarins also produce the new range face oil, its already on store. I suggest any face oil during winter for the best treatments for your skin. SK II face oil also will help your skin to combat cold weather.

21-10-2009
V.I.P.

My legs suffer it the most, I need to apply Vaseline a couple times a day otherwise they get extremely extremely dry..

21-10-2009
In Bloom

^^I use Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse sometimes at night. Actually everyone should use a moisturizer that isn't water-based in the winter. Water-based moisturizers in cold weather causes broken capillaries.

we were in love

21-10-2009
THE STRANGER

And the Nuxe Creme Fraiche is a very, very rich moisturizer too. Perfect for winter!

22-10-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrina View Post
Hi..., I really like Decleor rose face oil during night. A surprising texture, an aromatherapy natural skincare. After work, I came home and cleanse my face with any cleansing milk and damp cloth, then toner..., then the face oil. Massage your face a couple of minutes. I think you will see the difference on the next day..... check it on : http://www.decleor.com

Clarins also produce the new range face oil, its already on store. I suggest any face oil during winter for the best treatments for your skin. SK II face oil also will help your skin to combat cold weather.
So true! Winter weather really used to take its toll on my skin. Dry, flaky, red - the whole nine yards. But after I started using face oils instead of creams i haven’t had that problem at all! I can really only recommend using an oil instead of a lotion.

fashion insider

i've found mario badescu's bee pollen night cream (used as a moisturizer) works wonders in the winter if you are in very cold climate.

backstage pass

I use a daily moisturizer, as I always do.

I make a banana honey mask that keeps my skin hydrated as well.

I use body butters on my body during winter.

For hands, I use Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beewax Cream.

If I don't use any lipgloss or lipstick, I usually have Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

23-10-2009
windowshopping

A very short shower (warm water dries you out!) and a good, rich bodylotion does, pretty much!
But for my face I tend to just put facecream on more often rather than switch to a richer cream.

windowshopping

My skin is very dry.
I use "Weleda Skin Food", olive oil (wet face) and honey -> to clean my face.
The Weleda cream is good for lips, face, body, everything and it's 100% organic (and not animal tested)

24-10-2009
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Winter is not that harsh here, but I do find that my skin changes & adapts to the weather. I try to use a richer moisturiser, exfoliate a little more & use la mer creme de la mer once a week for a really rich treat for my skin, lol.

front row

I get awful eczema on my knuckles during the winter! It's essential that I moisturize daily and wear leather gloves whilst outdoors.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dry, natural, options, skin, super, winter