How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2008
scenester

has anyone used kenebo sensai quick radiance? is it worth it?

05-05-2008
V.I.P.

i heard marvellous things about Kanebo.... from my mum. and HK socialites. and those overdressed women from China.

what those people might not realize is that asian skin doesn't even need all that extra care. our skin (asian skin) is supposed to look young til we hit the 50's. it's only from then on that it goes downhill on a 180° slope.

05-05-2008
V.I.P.

I love Kanebo. I do have a fondness for skincare lines from Asia, like Kanebo and SK-II. I had some Asian clients (before I moved to CA from WA state) who I just adore. They never break appointments and will always buy something. That makes me sound like a greedy c*nt but I'm not.

Last edited by LetThemEatCake; 05-05-2008 at 01:36 PM.
05-05-2008
scenester

thanks for the info^^ i was wondering which kenabo products you guys heard works the best,

i am interested in the sensai eye countour cream and the quick radiance, which ones have you heard work the best?

thanks so much!

07-05-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i heard marvellous things about Kanebo.... from my mum. and HK socialites. and those overdressed women from China.

what those people might not realize is that asian skin doesn't even need all that extra care. our skin (asian skin) is supposed to look young til we hit the 50's. it's only from then on that it goes downhill on a 180° slope.
lol that last part is so true.

27-06-2008
princely

I've been using Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser and two step Exfoliator for the last few weeks and although my skin feels cleaner it seems to be more sensitive and prone to break outs. I'm not sure what is causing this, but I'm assuming that this product isn't right for me....

Does anyone know the reasons for why this is happening? Are there any other recommendations for products?

28-06-2008
fashion elite

How much are you exfoliating? Sometimes over exfoliating can lead to your skin breaking out more.

07-11-2008
Hoppity Hop

I've been using Baxter of California for three weeks and here's my verdict. Outstanding! Price is great for what it is. The cleanser is effective and let's say you forgot the moisturizer, no worries, it doesn't overly dry your skin. The moisturizer however is wonderful. A little goes a long way and it absorbs quickly without shine. Tiny problem though. Out of the bottle the moisturizer has a peculiar smell. But it dissipates as soon as you rub it in so as long as you don't mind it for a split second, not a biggie.

The major news is that I'm so impressed with the line's Super Close Shave Formula, my years of using Kiehl's Ultimate Brushless Shave Cream have probably ended.

As for other stuff, I'm using Apivita Propoline lip balm. Notwithstanding the fact it's pricey (7 damn dollars) and it's shaped like lipstick, I say thumbs up.

05-10-2012
backstage pass

I can't believe I just found this thread now... Anyways

I've been on the hunt for the perfect daily moisturizer but I've found many men's products too rough and have been using sampling unisex products (My last moisturizer was Kiehl's ultra facial, but I found that too heavy.)

My skin is quite sensitive, and I'm just looking for a clean, simple product line. I do like Kiehl's, but their facial fuel line is too intense for my skin. Any product suggestions would be appreciated

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favorites, men, products, questions, recommendations, skincare