How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-07-2011
V.I.P.

As of Clinique, I agree that their 3 Steps System is not worth the money, as well as Pore Minimizer- just don't buy it. But I used Moisture Surge face cream and it wasn't that bad...
Other products I don't recommend:
Clarins HydraQuench Lotion SPF 15- you can buy something better for less, plus if you accidentally apply it around the eye area you'll cry all day.
Vichy Cellu-Destock- it doesn't make ANY difference, I used it for over 1 month and it only made my skin dry.

18-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
^ They screwed it up royally with the reformulation in 2010. It used to be my favorite chemical/hybrid sunscreen, very nice and dewy on skin and didn't contain the worthless avobenzone, but Avene changed it and now it's crap, shiny, greasy and so on. Haven't used it for long enough to see if it clogs pores.
Agreed completely. I loved the previous version, it was just perfect and left my skin in a very good condition, but the new version is not worth time and money.

rising star

Lancome HydraZen moisturizer...made my skin BURN! I really, really didn't like it, and for the price LRP, vichy or avene are better options, imo.

I tried the clinique 3 step products a few years ago...during those years I developed really irritable, intolerant skin, but I never associated it with the clinique products, reading now I think they might've been the cause.

20-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila D View Post
Lancome HydraZen moisturizer...made my skin BURN! I really, really didn't like it, and for the price LRP, vichy or avene are better options, imo.

I tried the clinique 3 step products a few years ago...during those years I developed really irritable, intolerant skin, but I never associated it with the clinique products, reading now I think they might've been the cause.
The funny thing which comes to my mind after reading this thread is that the cheapest products often turn out to be hopeless. I use simple and cheap Aloe Gel or Shea Butter to moisturize my skin and it is better for my skin than expensive moisturizers.

fashion icon

Clinique products are utter rubbish! I've tried a few their products (such as the 3 step products) and it's not worth the money at all. And the worst is that several times I've gone into places like Sephora (which normally I love) and when I ask about a sensitive skin line the sales assistants always try to shove Clinique down my throat (figuratively of course. lol. Imagine if you ate that stuff? utterly toxic.) saying it's perfect for people like me. But in reality it's given me horrible rashes and dried out my skin a lot. Which isn't surprising once I found out the ingredients.
Another brand which didn't work for me was Bare Escentuals. In theory it's a great idea but in reality I found the products to be to drying for my skin. The powders made everything visible and easily highlight someones skin problems. Which is a shame because this is one brand I wanted to believe in.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 21-07-2011 at 12:48 AM.
21-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
Also, I had to borrow Simple eye makeup remover from my friend once. It was so harsh not only did it make me cry but I honestly though my eyelashes would fall out. Horror.
i'm glad its not just me who doesn't like Simple. I always had good skin. maybe a few black heads but nothing noticeable. the most i would get in terms of pimples would be one at that time of the month. i never did more than washing my face with water in the shower (unless i was wearing makeup, then id use soap). lucky i guess! i decided i better start a proper skincare routine as my luck wouldnt last forever. i bought a few Simple products and within a week i had broken out like crazy and my skin was so irritated and dry to the point of not just flakey, but PEELING i then had spots on my cheeks and all around my chin and i was so self conscious. i tried to give it a chance but it just got worse. since then my skin has been so sensitive and it has taken so long to get it back under control. i now have gone back to a minimal skin care routine

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

Well, I must say I love Clinique :p I think they have great formulas, like some other brands from Estée Lauder companies... specially Estée Lauder and Lab Series for Men.

I also love Murad, Perricone, La Mer, La Roche Posay... But my favorite brands are Clinique, Estée Lauder and La Prairie

I can't stand Nuxe, The Body Shop, Lush... they put so many irritants in their products like lavender oil or citrus oils

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

I forgot to mention Sisley, what a horrible brand.

This toner is water with preservatives, leaves face super sticky. The grapefruit one is as bad as the floral toner, its alcohol with more irritants... and leaves skin sticky too.

This mask doesn't cleanse at all, the formula is nonsense !

This cleanser is totally average, not worth it.

This cream smells terrible and leaves face dirty, and in my case, it burns when applied.

The ony thing I kind of like from Sisley is the Buffing Cream, an exfoliator... but burns a little when I use it.

Last edited by marcBarna; 21-07-2011 at 08:31 AM.
31-07-2011
front row

this Clinique stuff is making me sad. I use their Toner #3 and its done miracles for keeping my skin clear. I used to get random painful zits around chin and have not since starting.

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

^For how long have you been using it? I loved the 3-step-system so much at first but after about a month of using it my skin went crazy.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

MarcBarna please quote the source of your images or they will be removed, thank you.

fashion insider

I used Clinique alot in the past and it worked great for me. My skin cleared up alot. But I do feel that thier toner is extreamly strong not surprised with the comparisson to nailpolish remover.

10-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcBarna View Post
I forgot to mention Sisley, what a horrible brand.

[]https://ssl9.chi.us.securedata.net/bonboncosmetics.com/merchantmanager/images/SisleyFloralToner.jpg[/]

This toner is water with preservatives, leaves face super sticky. The grapefruit one is as bad as the floral toner, its alcohol with more irritants... and leaves skin sticky too.

[]http://www.staticmiss.com/imgs/normal/2009/12/03/sisley-botanical-facial-mascarilla-resinas-tropicales.jpg[/]

This mask doesn't cleanse at all, the formula is nonsense !

[]http://cdn1.shopperhive.co.uk/n/sisley-buff-wash-facial-gel.jpg[/]

This cleanser is totally average, not worth it.

[]http://www.profumeria.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/4/3473311309006.jpg[/]

This cream smells terrible and leaves face dirty, and in my case, it burns when applied.

The ony thing I kind of like from Sisley is the Buffing Cream, an exfoliator... but burns a little when I use it.
Source of photos:

- Bon Bon cosmetics
- Staticmiss
- Shopperhive
- Profumeria

14-08-2011
backstage pass

There was a time when I had strong Acne and back then Clinic was the only brand that helped (the Ant-Blemish-Solutions series). I'm not a fan of their "dramatically different moisturizing lotion" though, nor of their soaps. But I think their foundations are GREAT!

I don't like Lancôme skin products, they never worked for me. I tried the set against oily skin and it made my skin go crazy.

I've also tried some Dior stuff that didn't work for me. Of the traditional big companies, Biotherm has worked best for me.

14-08-2011
trendsetter

I tried the estee Lauder advanced night repair eye and i found it ABHORRENT!!

http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/templat...T_ID=PROD99167

For the cost and all the hype...I was expecting something good. What i got was a thick gel like cream that I applied with the spatula (fine)....but then once applied it burned! I thought maybe it was just me, so I kept applying for about 1 week, and I swear it made wrinkles around the eyes WORSE. It seemed to cause scarring, so I took it back and used a simple anti aging eye cream (about £6) and it seems to have reversed the negative effects of this awful product! Buy at your peril!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
products, shame, skincare, walk