How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Happened the same to me with the eye version, but only the first applications. The serum works fine to me

17-08-2011
backstage pass

My walk of shame:

All Clinique products. This company is a joke. It should be banned and sent to hell.

Vichy Aqualia Thermal (in slim, light teal tube). It is supposed to be for people with allergies!!!! When I first applied it next to eyes they got swollen immediately. JOKE.

Day Wear Estee Lauder. OMG. I cannot believe that so many people is in love with this cream. For me it is a nightmare. Clogs pores, I have immense breakouts and my skin is all shiny.

17-08-2011
windowshopping

Don't get me started on Clinique! I used to love the cleansing kits when I was in grade school,... but I tried the "Even Better Skin Tone Corrector", ....and could not get past the 2nd day of use because of the acne that started to come up on my skin! Bah!

17-08-2011
front row

Olay!

18-08-2011
backstage pass

i even have got an allergy of using clinique priducts! hate clinique so much!!

19-08-2011
tfs star

This brand called Beauty Formulas didn't do anything for me. http://www.beauty-formulas.co.uk/

Last edited by Aqua Tofana; 19-08-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling

24-08-2011
front row

My walk of shame is really long. My skin is very troublesome as it's very delicate, pale with visible blood vessels. It;s easily irritated so I've tried really lots and lots of products. The only ones that seem to be working and make my skin really much better, fresher, thicker (really!) are IsisPharma and Avene.

Walk of shame:
TheBody Shop - I like organic stuff for my body (to put it onto face is out of the question ) but the body shop is way too rich for me, and their cosmetics are nice for first five minutes.

Creme de la Mer - for me, it was a waste of money. I think it's a brillian moisturizer, and for people with good normal skin it's probably enough. For me, it wasn't. After three hours my skin was reddened and needed to be nurtured. Also, it didn't prevent the reaction to atmosphere conditions - to be clear, I don't say that the producer promises that it would, but it's ust not good for my type of skin.

La Roche Posey, Uriage - it just didn't work for me..

front row

Seche Vite topcoat! makes my polish peel off in sheets. i've tried it a million times and still hate it.

front row

^i know, me too! never understood the hype!

27-08-2011
backstage pass

Yes To Carrots Eye Contour Cream - Made the skin under my eyes burn! It got so red and irritated, never using that again.

V.I.P.

^That happened to me when I used the mask, too harsh ! all the face was red.

27-08-2011
In Bloom

All of the "natural" organic stuff. Gave me allergies. Barf. Now I only use skin care with minimal, safe ingredients like mineral oil. Safest stuff out there.

we were in love

27-08-2011
In Bloom

Oh yes and Clinique really should be banned and sent to hell. MASSIVE allergic reaction.

we were in love

27-08-2011
scenester

kiehls has to be one of the worst brands I've tried. All of their products have made my skin burn really badly and given me a rash, especially the midnight recovery concentrate and the ultra facial moisturiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
All of the "natural" organic stuff. Gave me allergies. Barf. Now I only use skin care with minimal, safe ingredients like mineral oil. Safest stuff out there.
I'm confused about this whole natural/organic thing. Some brands that claim to be 'natural' I have reacted very badly to, but Darphin which I am using now, works really well and apparently contains botanicals

28-08-2011
windowshopping

^ Natural ingredients like botanical extracts & essential oils, for example, have chemical profiles which are incredibly complex. So it's much more difficult to control interactions with other ingredients and/or anticipate adverse reactions/sensitivities from formulae with these than from something with a simple structure like "non-natural" mineral oil or silicones.

That doesn't means that if you have sensitive skin that you should avoid "natural" ingredients, after all, the #1 sensitizer in skincare in generally fragrance which would not usually be found in an all-natural-organic-type product.

Rather, that if you have senstitive skin and want to use natural products, don't assume they are hypo-allergenic and always patch-test before going full-face

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
products, shame, skincare, walk