How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyes
mine are Dr. Hauschka. Don't have mineral oil either and are organic which i love

never heard of the name before

27-11-2005
backstage pass

^ they are products originally from Germany, and well, i have had very good results with them
There is a thread on Dr Hauschka here at tFS if you do a search, if you're interested in knowing more about them

They are sold in some big department stores (i know Harvey Nichols in London, Magasin in Copenhagen, and a big one in Berlin (but i forgot the name) has them) but they are also sold in health stores.

front row

Oh thank you! I'm gonna look it up

windowshopping

though its a face wash i looooovee the bodyshop's tea tree oil wash. moisturises dry skin but doesnt make oily skin worse and it really makes our face soooft

fashion icon

I love love love the Jurlique range because it smells great and it's organic. I'm using the Face Wash Cream (it's actually a soft mushie face scrub/exfoliator), Cleansing Lotion, Pure Rosewater Freshener (as a sort of toner) and the Daily Face Care Lotion. I used to use Clinique and Biotherm, Clinique was pretty okay. I'd love to use SKII though.

02-12-2005
V.I.P.

Neutrogena DEEP CLEAN scrub

02-12-2005
rising star

i have a few products in rotation right now, and the standout star is kiehl's pineapple papaya scrub

03-12-2005
trendsetter

neutrogena extra gentle cleanse and cetaphil moisterizor (hate their cleanser though!)

06-12-2005
backstage pass

I tried a lot of products and I agree that every skin is different, now I just use:
keratoplast cream soap and chamomile lotion from Mario Badescu (because my skin is very sensitive and often with redness)
a night moisturizer for impure skin from L'erbolario, this is absolutely great!
a scrub once a week, now I'm using one from my dermatologist.
That's all.

06-12-2005
tfs star

Scrubs & exfoliators are great & essential to the "skincare regime", but certainly not best for people w/ highly acneic skin..

Right now, Ive been using the Dermalogica line...Great products & reasonable price-point (with this line, I feel the old adage "You get what you paid for" definitely applies)..

06-12-2005
Midnight blooms.........

Right now I'm using Neutragina deep clean cream cleanser, my skin is ultra sensitive and oily t-zone and this cleanser is the only thing that prevents break outs for me.
For moisturiser I'm using jurlique herbal recovery gel (on cheeks only)
Scrub: Dermalogica daily microfoliant
Masks: Palmers eventone brightening facial mask (to even out skin tone), Origins Clear Improvement charcoal mask (to clear my pores when oily), Jurlique Nurturing mask (to hydrate and calm)
For pimples I use Mario Badescue drying lotion & buffering lotion for cysts)
For eyes: Kosmea organic rose hip oil or 100% Almond oil (at night only)

Last edited by sasscam; 06-12-2005 at 11:41 PM.

07-12-2005
fashion insider

Right now I just use a daily pore cleanser (clean&clear) and a hydrating cream from Pond's. But I have really great skin that's neither too dry or too oily and I never break out...but I was wondering:

What's a toner do?

At the age of 20, do I need to use eye cream?

And are there any great skin products that maintain/produce a nice porcelain look? (a la Lily Cole, Gemma Ward)

Last edited by VainJane; 07-12-2005 at 01:38 PM.
07-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boink
im a guy, i have fairly nice skin at the moment, but ive noticed when i get out the shower? my face is like white and bright red in areas. and takes it like 5/6 hours for it to back to its natural tone of light brown. is there anything u could recommend. i even use fragranceless soap on my body now incase it was just something i was allergic too. feedback please.

you may have noticed im quite vain, but i believe looking my best gives me confidence in myself and what im doing. heh.

Boink, I may sound like a weirdo after asking all these questions, but I may be able to help you out. I used to have the same problem quite often. Is the water you're using too hot? What type of cleaner do you use? Does it contain glycerin. I find that glycerin is extremely drying and leaves me with the red marks that you've described. It's quite common, especially in gel cleaners, that's why cream cleansers, whether for body or face, tend to be less harsh. I'd recommend cetaphil for the face and a creamy cleanser (any brand) for the body. Hope that helps.

08-12-2005
rising star

I use bodyshop aloe vera daycream for my dry skin... it really helps! its cheap too

08-12-2005
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane

And are there any great skin products that maintain/produce a nice porcelain look? (a la Lily Cole, Gemma Ward)

I would to know this too

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
products, recommend, skincare