How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2005
rising star

i have to agree that i have tried every expensive product there is, from estee lauder to lancome and up, but when it comes to cleaning my face which tends to get very dry, dove sensitive skin bar is the best...and so cheap, expensive does not always mean better

08-12-2005
|/mirror queen\|

don´t forget that Lily cole and Gemma are really young, so it´s easier for them to have that fresh skin. Not all teenagers have spots, and if you don+t have acne problems are have the basic skincare routine, it´s not hard at all to have a lovely skin.

Golden Buttrerfly: I would recommend for your skin tipe, the Estee Lauder Daywear moisturizer.
It´s LOVELY!!!! And it also has an Spf 15, which is a must when choosing a moisturizer.
It leaves the skin feeling rather luminous and fresh. It´s not heavy and there are two versions for diferent skin tipes.

backstage pass

i always gotta answer these questions;
when i turned seventeen i developed a nasty case a cysitc acne vulgaris, and rx meds didnt take it away- i was on the web one day and and i found this website:http://www.skintactix.com- this tells you what acne is, why its so stubborn to remove- and OMG their products work SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good- i havent used the products in 9 months and im so amazed at a) i barely break out b) theyre not as big or swollen or red or painful as before treatment c) it helped alot with my scarring
so if you have acne, this is a GREAT alternative treatment to something like neutrogena or proactive

09-12-2005
front row

Before I moving to the states from Malaysia, I used to wear this wonderful product from AESOP ( I think it is an Australian brand) this rose oil on my face once a week, but boy it is pricey. Makes my face supple and soft, not oily at all.
Now that I am in my 30s and moved here, my skin went from combo to dry ( getting older also is a factor other than the weather ) I would love to get my hands on some good facial oil. It is truly a wonderful treatment. Couldn't find any product carrying Facial oils here in the states, if anyone can recommend something I would appreciate it.
Thanks...

09-12-2005
front row

Avene Eau Thermale

Sisley Reparatrice Cream

Heliocare gel Ultra Protection 90

Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder

fashion insider

Anitalilac-- do you use the oil just as a softener or does it have aesthetic benefits too?

That facial oil sounds interesting, I'm curious about that as well

Last edited by VainJane; 11-12-2005 at 07:58 AM.
11-12-2005
scenester

I have posted about this in other threads on the forum but the product that "changed" mt life is Eve Loms cleanser taken off with a muslin cloth. I can honestly say it suits my skin so well - I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

My routine:
Eve Lom cleanser
I dont believe in toner - waste of money and cold water is just as good!
Aveda moisturising lotion
Dermalogica solar protector spf 30 every day ( you can mix it up with your moisturiser and apply both at once)
Origins never a dull moment scrub 1 -2 times a week
Dr. Hauschka rose moisturising mask or Aveda Clay mask 1-2 times weekly

I have tried the Aesop products before including the facial oils and they are amazing - they are an australian company and im sure you can get their products on the net.

I think if you want fresh looking skin like Lily Cole etc the most important thing is to protect it from the sun - I always wear spf even on cloudy days. For a 35 year old woman I am always getting comments on my skin ( I hope that doesnt sound too bigheaded!) and I have never actively sunbathed, I really think it is the key.

11-12-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
I think if you want fresh looking skin like Lily Cole etc the most important thing is to protect it from the sun
Good advice

windowshopping

i wanna recommend these products that i hv been using it for years.
1. Blistex -Lip balm SPF 20
2. Jamiesom Vitamin E eye cream
3. Vaseline ( for dry lips, skins , removes eye make up, wind burn...etc)

15-12-2005
windowshopping

clinique superbalm, the best ever!!, i got 5... one in every bag

Environ skincare products.
They are absolutely the best i ever used, and i must say, i spend a lot on things that just didnt work for me.
They're all without preservatives, based on vitamine A, with build-in sunblock.
It cleared my skin immensly. I had some acne scars, and even they are (slowly) fading away.
I go monthly to a beautican that had a training for these products, and it's just plain wonderful
And on top of that, very affordable

17-12-2005
taz
MUSE

have anyone here guys have tried Idealist by Estee Lauder & Creme de la Mer?

I am thinking of combining them together???

19-12-2005
windowshopping

In my opinion, Dermalogica is one of the best skin care lines on the market. I agree with what most have said in this thread about the important steps to take: cleanse, tone, moisturize, exfoliate, mask. However, there are a lot of different types of skin. There are many different factors that will influence and contraindicate how often someone should exfoliate, for example. You can't just say, exfoliate once a week and mask once a week. There are tons of different levels of exfoliants, some of which you could use every day! The BEST thing to do is to go have a professional european facial done. ( I recommend by a licenced esthetician who uses dermalogica products.) This one service will save you tons of money and heartache in the future, because you will find out what type of skin you have, whether or not you have couperose for example, or anything else that could be a contraindication for some different uses of products or application techniques, and you will find the right products for YOUR skin.

22-12-2005
front row

-Dr Hauschka cleansing cream + toner

or Cetaphil gentle face wash

-Simple facial cleansing wipes (for taking off make up, contains no alcohol or perfume. real good)

-L'oreal solar expertise (spf 6-60)

-Dr Hauschka clay mask + rejuvenating mask

no night cream, let your skin breathe

good luck

Last edited by Vanilla_Lush; 22-12-2005 at 06:24 PM.
27-12-2005
windowshopping

Hello all, I am a skincare junkie, i love to research and try the different produts, and sometimes with rather disastrous results....

anyway, recently i tried this organic skincare products and it really did make a difference to my skin! The name is called SUKI, and it is from US. I know the name is a little effy, but it really works.

The best product is the lemongrass cleanser , it contains sugar and essential oils. and acts as a natural scrub for your skin.

27-12-2005
front row

skincare ahooy

i got this book about skincare that tells u everything u need to know about skincare make up and hair care..the books name is "Beauty the new basics" by Rona berg

heres the book on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...lance&n=283155
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beauty book.jpg (14.5 KB, 167 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
products, recommend, skincare