How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-12-2007
fashion elite

Smashbox Primer
so, the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer...

can it also be used like a moisturizer? i know it says use after moisturizer and before foundation, but it seems like you could still use it even if you dont wear foundation..
can you?

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C10905

What it is:
Smashbox makeup artists use this product to create a perfect canvas for foundation application.

What it is formulated to do:
The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish.

What else you need to know:
Use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection. This skin-soothing blend of antioxidants, which can be worn alone or under foundation, works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture.

02-12-2007
V.I.P.

I don't think you can double it as a moisturizer, I find it has a dry texture to it, with very little if any moisturizing properties.

I think you can use it even if you don't wear foundation. Philosophy has a product called The Present Clear Makeup which is pretty much a primer. It will smooth out your face, maybe fill in some larger pores and give you a more matte diffused look.

03-12-2007
trendsetter

There doesn't seem to be a question in the OP but I'm assuming it's just "do you like it?"/"what do you think?" :p

I do like it! I have used other primers and I like this one and Benefit's That Gal the best. It really makes a difference because some parts of my face are dry (even after moisturizing) and it keeps make-up from looking caky or flakey on those areas.

in the mood for love

Okay, now I want to try it! It sound really good!

catch me if you can

I scored a free sample at a Nordstrom beauty show a few years ago and I have worn it ever since. I also bought it for my sister and now she swears by it!

front row

I love the stuff. Even if I wear no m/u one day I will wear that. It seems to keep everything matte smooth throughout the day. I went to concert awhile back and I wore that along with my regular stuff and it was HOT in there. My fiance was in there dripping with sweat and I was melting. But when we left and I looked in the mirror, everything was still in place and except for the blood shot eyes I didn't look like I'd been at a show.

I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer though. In fact it works best if you have like an AHA moisturizer on underneath otherwise it will highlight the flakes. It's silicone so it's meant to just coat the surface not be absorbed.

03-12-2007
fashion elite

ooh it does sound lovely now. i might have to buy some, it does sound tempting! in the winter especially, my skin can get pretty dry so this sounds good to help it not look so. thanks guys!

05-12-2007
Fashionably Late

It came in a Smashbox kit that I bought two years ago, and it is definitely a necessity for me now. You'll love it!

13-12-2007
Of too many minds

I bought the smashbox photo finish based on the rave reviews and have been a convert ever since. I don't wear it alone though, I use a toner and serum underneath.
It's great at mattifying your face and keeps shine under control.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
15-12-2007
Spring of Córdoba

i love it !
i use the one that unifies the skintone ~ before applying the foundation
and it's great

trendsetter

I wouldn't just use a primer as a moisterizor. This one also is a bit dry for that. If you want a primer that can double as a moisterizor sometimes or on those days when you feel like you don't need it -- try bareessentials primer.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
primer, smashbox