How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-03-2008
front row

Sparkly (?) Lotion
Hi! Ive noticed that so many of the celebs have sparkles on their body (chest area/arms/legs, etc.) - does anyone know a good but relatively cheap(er) brand (as in not the price range of say something like la mer)? Im guessing it is lotion that has that sparkling touch...(not "glowing" like thoes self-tanners)...

14-03-2008
V.I.P.

I think they use body dusting bronzers not really too sure, but you can try some of the lotions at Victoria's Secret, they even have a pretty big sale right now and all of them sparkle and shine.

14-03-2008
front row

I live in Canada and they dont have Victoria's Secret here - but we have Holt Renfrew etc. which is like the Canada equivalent of Barneys, etc. Any other suggestions? I need it pretty immediately!

15-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

i've use the michael kors perfumed body lotion, and that leaves your skin with a subtle shimmer. i don't like glitter. i think it looks trashy, and this leaves your skin with a classy touch of shimmer which i think is perfect for when you are going out to a club or something.

http://www.michaelkors.com/store/cat...emId=prod70003

15-03-2008
trendsetter

i have one from Jergens. it's just from a local drugstore (in canada) so i'm sure you'll be able to find it too. it was like $10 and it's not a bronzer. it's a body moisturizer with gold shimmer and it works really well!

it's a hard-knock life.

^ $10 is an awesome price!

15-03-2008
front row

Actually, it's true that we don't have Victoria's Secret in Canada but I believe they bought out LaSenza, and now LaSenza is selling most of the Victoria's Secret body products!! They have been for a while now, so if you're interested in those products you should check it out!

15-03-2008
fashion icon

Ok they use mostly (from what i've read) Scott Barnes - Body Bling and Nars - Body Glow. I have Nars Body Glow and it is really good.
But you can use almost anything. I also use Calvin Klein Liquid Crystals.
You can use powders i have a givenchy, a guerlain and you can find some amazing at The Body Shop. Just mix them with body lotion or use a brush.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lotion, sparkly