How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2005
Fierce Flava

Okay....your skin isnt bad so you have not much to worry on...

First you said dark undereyes...you can use a concealer for that. Usually a yellow one you dab under to get rid of the darkness....

then you apply your regular foundation....

I don't know if you want a liquid or a powder, its just powder you can take with you and that should even out your skin once you put foundation on.

If your pores are big and clogged you should wash your face at morning and at night and try a facial mask...like I know Biore makes pore refining products that you can easily pick up at any drugstore.

30-07-2005
Storm & Sommer

If you are considering MAC products, why not schedule a session w. one of the make up artists on hand, explain what you need, what it's for and they will apply it so you can see how it's done + get you the right colours. You might even be able to schedule such a session the day of you concert..because one thing is having the make up artists apply it another thing is to try an emulate what they did 2-3 days later.

Hope you have a great time at the concert

pinterest : hanneonpin
30-07-2005
elementary.

agreed w/hanne
visit a MAC counter on the day if possible

scenester

Appropriate Event/Evening Wedding Makeup
So...I'm going to an evening wedding this coming weekend, and it got me to thinking...what's appropriate for these kind of events? My dress is a bright(think a muted cobalt-mid blue) silk confection...is it okay to do navy eyeliner with browns or should I go even more muted? What (make-up) wise is appropriate for formal events? How much is too much? I'd love to hear anyone's insights or tips.

Thanks!!

backstage pass

I find what you suggest suitable for the occasion, as it is an evening wedding and you can experiment more with colour in makeup. But this comes from a person who knows nothing about protocol, so maybe you should wait until other person gives you advice

16-08-2008
scenester

Wedding make-up advice?
Hi,

I need to go to a wedding and I'm not sure what kind of make-up would look nice with my dress. (I don't really know a lot about make-up any way, but I was thinking of going to a make-up artist and bringing a picture of what kind of make-up I want).
I have dark blonde hair (past my shoulders, with bangs), fair skin, and light blue/green eyes.

Any ideas would be welcome.

This is my dress:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Foto084-1.jpg (144.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Sara_1987; 16-08-2008 at 03:41 AM.
16-08-2008
V.I.P.

Imo.

With such a pretty dress Id make my make up subtle but id surely use some purplish eye shadows for example, black or purple mascara and a nude or pale rose lip gloss or just a rose lipstick. A lil bit of blush too since the dress is white and you have a fair skin.

Like you, I also have dark blonde long hair and green eyes

Have a fun wedding !

front row

I suggest to scrub and put a good mask before make up. Your paint will be last long and steady (if I might say...). Chanel mask destress is my favorite one. Then, put your foundation, for this season apply a bit darker to your skin, cause your skin already glowing because of the mask. Try eyeshadow from guerlain, YSL that could be long lasting too. And mascara is a must, let say from Benefit, Lancome, or Helena Rubinstein. They are good covering your eyelashes. I love Chanel and Armani too. And don't forget to frame your eyes with eyeliner, it's up to you choosing the liquid or pencil. You should try all those things before the wedding to get the best result.

Hope you'll find someone special in the wedding. Hmmm....

20-08-2008
scenester

thanks for the replies...unfortunately I haven't been able to book an appointment with the make-up artist I like and I don't trust anyone else (let's just say some people in this town are stuck in the 90's...).

So I'll have to keep my make-up simple, because I can't do anything complicated...hehe. I'm going out tomorrow to get some high quality make-up. I was thinking of maybe getting Diorshow mascara and a nice lipgloss.

I also want to get some blush, but I don't know which kind to get. I don't really like the pink kind of blush... it always looks really fake on me.
I want to look like I'm glowing, but I have difficult skin (acne-prone) and so use a mineral make-up and I'm not sure how to achieve a "glow" effect...

20-08-2008
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

you could try a bronzer (Guirlain has one for blonds) and maybe a highlighter

pinterest : hanneonpin
21-08-2008
scenester

thanks for the advice.
Today I got a good mascara (Lancôme Definicils) and I also got a highlighter from smashbox cosmetics (it's called Artificial light and it's really nice, I already tried it).
And I also got a nice neutral blush from The Body Shop and a soft pink high shine lipgloss.

I'm quite happy with it, I think I'll look nice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
event, ideas, make, special