How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2005
windowshopping

Spray tans
Are they any good??

26-01-2005
& b

ho ho hoo... lemme tell you something about spray tans... they make you look orange, regardless if you decide to use a cheap or an expensive one... they all make you look orange, esp. if your skin undertones are yellow/pink..the only ones that can somehow get away with it are people with olive skintones..and why ruin it with a fake tan? you might as well just jump into the sun and tan for a bit, even though of course, it's not healthy for you...

Spray tans also make your face blotchy, especially if you're under acne treatment, or if you just wash your face a lot, it will fade the tan away in certain spots where the tan didn't absorb properly, making your face look like a leopard... don't even get me started with the stains on your neck caused by wrinkles that everybody has there, or under your armpits, even on your hands.... oi vey, no, they suck.

windowshopping

Thanks, I have olive skin, but live in cold, wet Blighty, so no sun tan for me. Roll on summer time.....

26-01-2005
& b

hmm... my skin is naturally tan, but I enhance it with some sun here and there, if you want to tan though, my best suggestion would be going to a tanning salon and lay on a bed... cause sometimes in cold weather, your skin will get soo pale and loose it's "pigments", making the fake tan even more noticeable...

windowshopping

noooo don't say that, I want to go on the sunbed, are they not bad for the skin?? or is it only if you abuse it?

26-01-2005
& b

Everything thats pleasurable for humanity is bad for you... im kidding, I mean, exposing yourself to UV lights is the same or even worse than laying out in the sun... so you make the math

Laying in an UV bed its not like a fake bake from a spray tan, it wont make you orange, it just takes several sessions for you to acheive a tanned look versus laying out in the sun...

windowshopping

f**k it then, I shall go tonight. Just after one session my skin looks nice, so it doesn't take much

26-01-2005
trendsetter

I went on one of those beds and they are good - though be prepared for wearing funny sunglasses...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
spray, tans